UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 224/188/140

Height: 5'6

I forgot this was on again. Manage to get caught up today. It looks like its going to be a good season.

I was sad to see the two that need it the most are up for elimination. It will be a hard decision to make.

I've fallen off the wagon AGAIN and hope that this will motivate me to keep trying.
mg79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:27 AM   #17  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheleherts View Post
Well I'm going to able to watch it, since i'm off work for two weeks. I remember watching when Jodie lost all that weight. Like myself who must be stone heavier than my ticker it's clear that low weight was too difficult for her to sustain.

I've been to the gym today in actual fact. Trying to get myself back on track
as I havent had the best of months in anyway.

Hey Chris good to see you how is your weightloss journey going these days?

Take good care everyone
Michele
Oooooo, it sounds good, but I've not found it here, but the US version is fantastic..nearly at it's end now though, only two more weeks to go.
Michelle, I'm good, thanks...as for weightloss..nothing, cos I've not been trying at all...I need to get back on track...we just moved again though, so I'm in the house alone all day, even Pen and Lew get fed up with me yapping on to them... I so need a job and then once I'm in a routine I know I can shed some of this lard...well done on getting to the gym yourself though And.. where's our Veggie?
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #18  
Gym'll fix it!!

I'm the same Chris just no motivation at all and I desperately need to do something as i'm the heaviest i've ever been and hardly anything fits!! I bought a wii game console last week in the hopes that doing something fun would at least get me up off the couch Whereabouts in Vegas do you live? are you far from the Strip? Its great seeing that you are still here
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #19  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

About 15 miles the long way round, from the strip...nice to see you pop back in Cat...get on that wii...Hannah says we need one...I'll have to look and see...
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Yes where is that veggie. How exciting living in Vegas.

Michele xxx
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Just caught up with the episodes from Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Love it!

I have to say I much prefer Richard's style to Angie's although both are getting results. He just seems to make more use of positive encouragement!!! Angie is so tough on them but I guess it's needed.

It's a big shame that the two who are definitely most in need of BL are up for elimination. I hope whoever goes continues to get support once they leave.
MissVitality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #22  
Persevere! You can!

S/C/G: 234/178/134

Height: 5'5"

I've been watching this on itv.com in between revising for my exams and I'm enjoying it so far!

I feel its far too long a show -there's too much fluff in between and I think they could have easily cut it down to a half-hour show without losing any of the content.

Was gutted to see Raz & Lisa go (which is where I'm at on the catch-up) but am definitely rooting for Katey and Carol all the way!

Don't like Michaela and Maria but tbh I don't see them going very far.

I think if I was there I'd rather have Angie training me than Richard. I need my ass kicking and she trained Jodie in the last season. Also love the kettlebells - I have a couple at home and they are miracle workers!

Last edited by georgiad; 05-10-2009 at 09:57 AM.
georgiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:32 AM   #23  

That's interesting to hear Georgia - I have never used kettlebells but Angie seems to really believe in them so I was considering them as an option. Good to hear they have worked for you.

I don't think Michaela tries too hard - Maria seems more committed to her goals. I hope Dave and Jamie do well - Jamie really needs it. Katey is a bit too lazy and dependent on her mother for my liking. I also like Eunice - thinks she's the dark horse!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #24  
Persevere! You can!

Just in case you were curious Miss Vitality - Argos sells Kettlebells pretty cheap and they are sooo good!

I went in a few weeks ago to buy a step, and saw them in the catalogue and just HAD to have them.

After watching the episode with the tobogganing challenge today, I think Eunice and Miriam may be the ones to watch.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:52 AM   #25  

I loved the toboganning challnge - made me want to go to Xscape at Braehead and try it out!

I will look into those kettlebells - thank you for the tip!
Old 05-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #26  
Baker's Daughter

S/C/G: 179/142/136

Height: 5' 4"

I quite fancy Mark. I think he's gorgeous and obviously a really nice bloke. He has such a lovely smile!

Girls will be throwing themselves at him when he comes out. Especially if he does lose more weight and buff up.

MoonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:18 AM   #27  

I agree - he has a lovely wee twinkle in his eye. Miriam seems to be getting very cosy with him though...

I LOVE Richard - i'd want him to train me any day

Jamie is starting to act like a bit of a spoiled kid but I like his dad Dave. Carol is great, just needs to loosen the apron strings a bit with Katey and make her take responsibility for her own life. The pink team make me smile and I think Kevin is a lovely person. Glad Sadie got another crack at the whip.

Who do you think will go next?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:57 AM   #28  
Baker's Daughter

S/C/G: 179/142/136

Height: 5' 4"

I think if the grey's are up then they'll have a good chance of being kicked out. Jamie's driving me mad - no one is that ill all of the time, he passed a medical to get in! If we've picked up on it then the one's in the house definately would.

I agree about Carol and Katey, she mothers her too much. Katey even said that her mum does everything for her. Notice that Katey, Sadie, Jamie and the girl in the red team who's name I can't remember all live at home, despite being in their 20's? Could be part of the problem.

The pink girls are amazing!!

Would be lovely if Mark and Miriam got together. I'd be incredibly pleased for them! Jealous, obviously, but very pleased!!
MoonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:32 AM   #29  
Making A Change!!

I started watching Biggest Loser Australia when I was there on a Holiday and now that I have Cable I'm trying to Watch that as often as I can.

I love the UK Version although have missed quite a few when i moved and didn't have a TV.

I find that programmes like that because they give me inspiration and make me feel like I CAN actually do it!!!
DreamerHelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #30  
Persevere! You can!

I too think Mark has a twinkle in his eye and a lovely smile, and he seems to have a lovely kind heart. However, I think Jamie's gorgeous and he think he'll be stunning once he's lost all that weight!

Sad to see Miriam in the bottom two this week, really hope she stays!