UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 97/78/65 - 214/172/143

Height: 168cm - 5'6

Default Anyone tried BMF?

I am thinking of trying out British Military Fitness at a common near me. I was wondering if anyone on here is already doing it - and what the basic fitness requirements are to start?
I don't want to get there and find out that even the basic level is too much for me!
Any advice would be appreciated.
merose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #2  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Back when I was fit I taught a similar class.

Almost anyone can join in and have fun in a bootcamp style class. Your best bet is to arrive a bit early and chat to the instructor. You could watch one session or just join in the beginning, whatever it takes to get a feel for it.

Give them a ring and have a chat. You'll be surprised how accessible these classes are
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 97/78/65 - 214/172/143

Height: 168cm - 5'6

Thanks for the advice - I might go and watch a class first - that might be the first step for me to stop imagining how intimidated I might be when I get there!

Much appreciated
merose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/188/140

Height: 5'6

A friend of mine use to go. She was fairly fit, but struggled in the beginning. She stuck it out and saw great improvements.

I'd love do it, but I think I am going to improvement my fitness level before I attempt it. You'll have to tell us what you think if you do go.
mg79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #5  

Hiya guys,

I am new here but I could not resist posting on this thread.

I am an instructor for BMF in Leeds. I would say go along and give it a try. There is no basic level of fitness needed to start, we work to your current level.

I always train the blue bibs (Beginners) and if you can walk you can do a session (I have several ladies who cannot yet run).

Give it a try, its great fun and you may surprise yourself.

Let me know how you get on.
SargeFit is offline   Reply With Quote