UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 292/218/smaller!

Height: 5.1

Default First day - friends needed!!

I'm probably doing this wrong - should I start a new thread? I thought I would try a forum as I just cant talk to anyone face to face about my weight issues - terrible I know! I thought a forum might be ideal support.
I have thrown my scales away and gone and weighed myself at the chemist this morning, on past failed attempts I have found myself stupidly weighing myself after each meal etc so thought this was a positive step. I didn't think I would be able to get on the scales in a packed Boots but I did and was quite proud of myself. Again on passed failed attempts I exist on next to nothing for a three days then give in, so I feel I have down well today with homemade soup for lunch, lots of fruit,a brisk walk (in the snow!) and 20 minutes of an exercise video after work. Desperate to make it work this time! I would be so grateful for any help and support people could give and am more than happy to do what I can to support others.
shashasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Shashasha!

I noticed you're new here as well as new to forums in general. I suggest you take a look at this area: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40 just to help out a little with some Frequently Asked Questions & such.

You'll find a lot of different sections on 3FC, so it may take a few days to look through them & find out where you belong.

You've already found the UK Section which is great! There are also support areas based on age, amount needed to lose (like the 100lb club), interests, there's the Diet Central area where you can find members following similar plans, etc. So much!

And don't hesitate to post wherever you're comfortable.

Think of a thread as a topic, and if you'd like to reply to the topic, just hit "post reply". There are various sections & sub-sections, but if you keep coming back it'll be like second nature to you shortly.

I'm so happy to see that you don't think of this as "pass/fail" this isn't an "all or nothing" area. Weight Loss is going to come with some bumps in the road. We have to continue on.

Keep posting & best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/?/175

Height: 5'10

Hi

I've just joined here too so thought i'd say hi!

I'm a similar weight to you and think you are SOOO brave for getting weighed in Boots!!

I have made a huge decision to lose this weight once and for all as we want to start a family later this year, I'd also love to be able to shop in regular shops and not hate everything I try on in shops. I have't thought too much about a final goal, just going to take it a stone at a time. I've joined the gym and loving it.....although most people there are pretty trim it's friendly and I feel good afterwards!

I'm very jealous you have snow, we never get any here!!

take care
Kx
kittyminx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 292/218/smaller!

Height: 5.1

Thanks K!! I'm from Lancashire originally and snow was rare, then moved to Yorkshire and I think it just snowed all year round, now down south where we get it every so often. I was terrified in Boots, thought the machine might announce my weight or break or something! I got married last year and know my weight is a massive issue if I ever want a family and would love to be able to shop more! You are really brave for joining the gym - I would be so embarrased! I have no goal either, just want to lose a lot of my belly!
shashasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/158/135

Height: 5'5

You can have all of my snow =) But it comes with frozen pipes and scraping car windows every morning (grrrrrr...).

I hope you stick around, it really is the best place for community, and will help you keep focused. I've looked around .
ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/135/119

Hi
Id personaly say forums are the best way to stay motivated when trying to lose weight, especialy if you dont feel you can talk to anyone around you about it.
cosmogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/178/130

Height: 5' 7"

Hey fellow UKer
You have the same reasons as me for wanting to lose the weight, I would love to walk into a high street shop and not have to find the plus sized section or to be able to buy bras from shops rather than internet special sites.
This forum is a great motivation, I'm so glad I found it, I hope you enjoy it here too.
Vahla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/208/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi shashasha. Welcome! Hope you are doing as well on your second day as on your first

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny View Post
You can have all of my snow =) But it comes with frozen pipes and scraping car windows every morning (grrrrrr...).
I don't mind the snow or scraping the car (I've got it down to a fine art this winter!) its the cold that driving me mad at the moment. I heard it got down to -11 degrees last night. I look twice the size I actually am today as I'm wearing so many layers.
AngelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 244/241/???

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone,

I'm new here too and am hoping that if I immerse myself in these forums I will suceed. Just gone back to my weightwatchers class after not going for 3 weeks over Christmas/New Year and I've put on 7lb! Whoops! But I had a good Christmas eating and drinking what I wanted so now I'm back on track I hope!

Good luck everyone!
laurab53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #10  

don't worry Laura - I put on 8
sarahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 249/249/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi, I'm new too, I'm starting back on my Slimming World plan but funds don't allow me to go to a group so I thought I'd try a forum. So hello everyone
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

Hi Shashasha,

I just started today as well, so I thought I would just say hello.

I'm sooo happy to have found this site, I can use all the support I can find and hope to be able to be of some use to other people as well.

Carla
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/112

Height: 5ft 1

Hiya! I only joined earlier this month. It sounds like you're doing all the right things this time.
I only weigh myself once a week at the same time as weight can fluctuate a few pounds either way over the course of a day.
Good luck on your weight loss journey
muppetmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey there and welcome. I love BOOTS! Way to do it this morning! I just wanted to say, you don't have to be hungry to lose weight. I am glad you have found us. There are some pretty cool chics here!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 212/203/154

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone!!

After searching the internet I finally found a great community I've been lurking for a couple of days but its time to join up

So best wishes everyone- I look forward to chatting to you all

Tracy
TracyP is offline   Reply With Quote