UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 06:39 PM   #1  

Default Can I join, in desperate need of support!

Hi, can I join in I haven't been on 3fc for ages and think its brilliant there is a section for slimmers in the UK. I am currently going to slimming world which I joined last week but if I had a pound for every slimming club I'd joined over the last few years I could probably afford the liposuction I keep fantasing about!!
Pippyxxx
Old 05-04-2002, 05:19 AM   #2  

hello pippy , i said hi up there somewhere on different thread but thought id say it here too ..................cos im nice like that
Old 05-04-2002, 07:26 AM   #3  

PIPPY!!!!

Welcome back I am so pleased to hear from you
Old 05-04-2002, 08:25 AM   #4  

Hello pippy, I just joined the forum a few days ago, nice to see you.

Ok I have one of those "newbie" type stupid Q's, please dont anybody shout at me!! I see you have a thread for posting your weight, I assume you post it once a week - only problem is I cant figure out what day you get weighed
Answers on a large postcard please...
Jen
Old 05-04-2002, 08:27 AM   #5  

No question is too stupid for round here we all weigh different days but Sarah weighs on a monday so she takes that as start and end date of week me thinks!
Old 05-04-2002, 09:11 AM   #6  

yeh jen we just post our weight gain or loss any day but sarah does a group posting on a monday for us all
Old 05-04-2002, 09:54 AM   #7  

Thanks, I weigh on Tuesdays, as that was the day my old WW class was held and at least thats one habit I stuck to!
Even tho' I havent started to diet yet, until after my holiday, I will post my weight this week and take it from there.

Pippy I'm new here so I dont know you, it would be nice to know a bit more about you .

Jen
Old 05-04-2002, 10:06 AM   #8  

oh look jens a nosey one

wont she fit in well here
Old 05-04-2002, 10:28 AM   #9  

LMAO Kim, I've been trying to behave myself up until now!
Old 05-04-2002, 10:59 AM   #10  

oh you did it so well to jen .....never lasts long round here though
Old 05-04-2002, 05:39 PM   #11  

Hello, hope everyones having a great weekend, the weather was really nice today so I was out in the garden (does cleaning the barbecue count as exercise?).

Thank you all for being so nice, thats what I love about this site everyone is brilliant and we all understand what each other is going through.

Hi Kim, I think you sound nice too, (remind me of myself, ha! ha!).

Veggie, its so great to be back, I feel confident and motivated already. How are you?

Hj40 I'm pleased to meet you. Together we can all inspire and help each other on our way.

Flumper, Hi thanks for the welcome.

Jen, How long have you got, oh allright I'll give you the condensed version.

I'm married with five children, three girls and two boys who are all little angels when they are asleep!
One of my sons is disabled but don't be fooled he may not be able to talk or walk but he really knows every trick in the book.
I am 31, 32 on the 21st of this month. I have had a weight problem since I can remeber all though looking back at photo's I was never as fat as I thought I was and I would give anything to look like that now. I mentioned that I have been to every slimming club there is (almost) lose a stone stop going and gain two seems to be my motto and its worked really well up to now, but I am so sick of not being able to look nice, and its funny but now I'm getting older I have really started to worry about my health so I am going to stick to this eating plan this time no more messing around, I love my kids so much I want to be around for them as long as possible if you know what I mean.
I love reading and I try to write (aspiring novelist in me somewhere waiting to be unleashed)
I like Robbie Williams, Sum 41 to name a few. I love gardening, all the dirt on my hands stops me from eating.
Not too keen on exercise although I enjoy walking, my favourite tv program is CSI its all I live to watch all week.
Right I think I have probably bored you all enough for now. But, please feel free to ask anything you want I will answer, I promise.

I don't know if I should tell you my weight I'm so embarrased I have roughly 8 stone to lose (Oh my god, I can't believe I told you that.)
Anyway everyone take care
Love Pippyxxx
Old 05-05-2002, 03:40 AM   #12  
Theres no stopping me now

Pippy - what CSI I seem to have missed that programme.?

I am a fair weather gardener, am struggling to type this morning as I have little cuts all over the tops of my fingers.

Don't worry about much weight you have to lose, I try and focus on losing small amounts at a time, at the moment I am trying to get to 14 stone, nearly 2 stone away. But an awful lot less daunting than thinking I want to lose 6 stones.

I too have been over weight most of my adult live. I started to put weight on in my 20s and always felt enormous, now I would kill to look like I used to again. My sister is in her 20s now and is fighting her weight constantly, but is winning - I really wish I had tried a bit harder then. But if wishes were pennies I'd be rich
Old 05-05-2002, 03:45 AM   #13  

hey pippy until i came to this site i never told anyone my weight at all even my hubby, but i started here at 2lbs away from 16 stone im now almost at 13 .........and ive told people what i weighed, i have exactly 8 stone to lose well 5 to go now, long road though so im doing it by the lb.........

jeez isnt the weather great where gettign just now......except i got sunburnt yesterday i burn so damn easily its hard to enjoy the sun

have a lovely lazy sunday
Old 05-05-2002, 06:30 AM   #14  

Pippy I have about 8 stone to lose too but I really just want to get to at least size 18 a semi normal weight! We will try our hardest and do it this time!
Old 05-05-2002, 08:03 AM   #15  

Pippy, your weight loss story sounds v. similar to mine, joining all the clubs and losing some then gaining it back +.

I've got 4st -ish to lose, possibly more. I'm a tiny person underneath all this fat, small bones, size 3 feet, and probably my best weight is 8st but I think thats too much of a challenge and so I'm aiming for 9st, see how I feel then. Before I got married I would go shopping and even the size 8's would be too big, buying clothes was as hard then as it is now, but for the exact opposite reasons!

I know some of you have more to lose than me, but I honestly think once you get to the obese category, it doesnt matter whether its 4/5/6 or 10 stone, its still a huge challenge to lose it, and it still affects your confidence and so on.
I do like the idea of going for smaller goals. I wonder if saying "I have to lose 4 st" is a bit overwhelming? So I think I will change it to wanting to lose 1 st, and doing it bit by bit.

Oh and will u lot shut up about the good weather u appear to be having in Scotland? its cool and cloudy here, has been all weekend!! grrr
Ok, I'm off to do my healthy meal plan for next week. Enjoy the rest of the weekend
Closed Thread