UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 10:05 AM   #1  

Default New- any tips on how to actually get started?

Hi all, I'm new to the Forum, but have been following the 3FC and their weight loss journey for some time now.

I am feeling very overwhelmed and depressed about my weight. I need to lose around 4 st. I am going on holiday in 2 weeks and am eating even more at the mo, just thinking about lying on the beach with these thighs and my tummy is depressing me even more.
I've convinced myself there is no point dieting before my holiday, but there again, I usually gain around 6lbs when I go on holiday.
Any advice about how to get started and feel a bit more positive would be very welcome.
Looking forward to getting to know you all
Old 05-01-2002, 11:14 AM   #2  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Default Welcome aboard!!

Hi Hj
first of all hello and welcome to our little corner of 3fc. Not long till your hols now just get out there and enjoy yourself!! i think the best advice I could give you is to maybe start by just eating 3 meals a day between now and your hols. No starving or owt like that!! Enjoy your holiday and when you get back here, tell us all about it and make the master plan for the slim new you.

Carol has made a fantastic plan which you may have read earlier on this week, that might be a strategy for you.

The main thing is to make the most of your holiday and dont forget where we are when you get back!!

have fun

TQ
Old 05-01-2002, 11:31 AM   #3  

Hi Hj? Is there something else we can call you?

TQ has given you good advice, I think just trying to eat normally without dieting too drastically is a good idea before your holiday. You don't want to starve yourself and then go mad on holiday!

Where are you going on holiday?
Old 05-02-2002, 02:48 AM   #4  

HJ welcome to uk hot chicks
i think TQ has probably given you the best advice on how to get started wish i had TQ before i started. I did it the hard way , i wasnt in the frame of mind to do it but i did i just cut out all sweets crisps and other goodies 6 days of the week and i have one day of a week to allow me to have what i want, but lately the one day off is turning into 2-3 days off for me now its not how to start its how to keep motivated to actually keep at it.
if theres only 2 weeks until your holidays why not wait until after your holiday before starting on a diet , work towards being super slim for your NEXT holiday
Old 05-02-2002, 08:49 AM   #5  

Thanks for your support all, ok so the plan is, eat sensibly before holiday (no dieting!). I suppose I should go and buy 10 sarongs to cover myself up!!
Phoebe, my name is Jen, and I'm going to Cyprus.
TQ, I have searched for Carols plan that you mentioned but cant find it - is it in the UK forum?
Flumper, when you were doing the six days on and 1 day off thing, how did it work for you?
Thanks again, Jen
Old 05-02-2002, 09:03 AM   #6  

hiya jen , 6 days on 1 off is the way im doing it now and it is working for me i started at end of january this year at 222lbs im now almost 40 lbs lighter!and still managing to keep going you just have to find a way that works for you, ive struggled for yrs on different plans and ways of doing it and this is the only eway that has truly worked for me
Old 05-02-2002, 09:08 AM   #7  

and yes jen go buy some sarongs i think they look gorgeous i only wish i could fit one round me ...........................my weight seems to be all round my hips and its showing no sign of moving from that area whatsoever
Old 05-02-2002, 09:26 AM   #8  

Kim, congrats on your weight loss so far, I imagine you've dropped a couple of dress sizes by now then?
Grrrrrr about the sarongs, it never even ocurred to me that I may not get one round me!! Well ok, I will sew two together!
And then learn to make it look good, you see women walking around the pool on holiday who can make a 10 quid sarong look so stylish it looks like they bought it from Gucci.
Jen
Old 05-02-2002, 09:43 AM   #9  

i got size 18 jeans on!!!!!!!!! without the elastic if youd posted sooner youd have heard all about it ....it was like xmas for me hmm about the sarongs not fitting you im sure they will
but you could try the double sarong thing......have one on each side and get clasp or pin to hold them in middle .no one would know and it would still look glamour pussish
Old 05-02-2002, 09:51 AM   #10  

jen theres a thread at top of this forum called....... hello im . its so you can introduce yourself and tell us all about you , saves the nosier ones of us asking you all the details each time you post!!
Old 05-02-2002, 10:33 AM   #11  

Hello Jen where in the north west are you???? Yes Im being nosey but me there tooooo!
Old 05-02-2002, 12:17 PM   #12  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default What no Sarah

Where is she????
Old 05-03-2002, 02:20 AM   #13  

hehe...i got a sarong from M & S...it seems to be a one size fits all jobby..i'm an 18 round the hips also and it does go round me, but with not much room to spare
Veggie, I 'm in Cheshire, just down the M6 from you!
Ok , now I'm off to write my life story(!) on the "Hello I'm" thread..this could take me some time!
Jen
Old 05-03-2002, 02:46 AM   #14  

jen jen jen .....details dahling we want details.........whats the sarong like colour glittery bits fringe etc
Old 05-03-2002, 05:19 AM   #15  
:(

S/C/G: 13st 2lbs/12st 7lbs/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'2

Where can U get decent sarongs from? I want one thats long enough but not like really really obviously 'Im trying to hide everything' long!!

Wot about tankini's? Coz I cant see myself wearing a bikini!
Im not too worried about my holiday now, the only thing Im worried about is that me and my mates all wanna do watersports but I wont be brave enough to take my sarong off! I know once U get in the water people cant see much but I mean if I wanna do things like banana boats, I cant really keep a sarong on then can I! Hmmm?

I just realised today Everything Im wearing is a size 14, YAY! Okay so the jeans are slightly stretchy, but still!!!!
Closed Thread