UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 08:31 AM   #16  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Not an allergy thing is it Sarah, i have had these problems with wheat before.
I have no idea why I have lost so much this week it has been so slow and steady before, no definetely not starving ha ha , that,ll be the day!!
The TOM was a week early too so that came as a shock. I am walking the same amount each day but am walking much faster than before.
Old 04-25-2002, 08:43 AM   #17  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Wouldn't it be lovely to find a diet where you could drink everything you want?????

I don't know what's causing this puffiness (sp??) I know somethings going on because I can't get my rings on and off again - its been getting worse over the last week but today my rings are really almost indented in to my fingers and they won't even spin round. I think I might try a few days without wheat and see what happens - does anyone know how long it would be before I would see a difference if I am allergic to it?????
Old 04-26-2002, 08:06 PM   #18  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Angry weigh in report

Hi everyone

well thankfully I have a loss to report this week of 3lbs, which really pleased me after the past 2 weeks of staying the same, I was trying to keep myself upbeat about it, but I'm not sure how I would have felt today if I had stayed the same again, I have to admit I was expecting to because TOM was due last monday and still hasn't appeared, but today I felt like the back end of a bus, so I was convinced if I did have a loss it would only be a pound, so I am over the moon with 3lbs
hehehe...after saying that I did have a few minutes where I kept thinking...well if I wasn't so bloated would I have lost a lot more...silly I know, I'm just never satisied am I

Sarah...there are so many reasons that you could be retaining fluid and you will get loads of advice from lots of people as to why...anything from drinking too much coffee to the next door neighbours dog having fleas...don't laugh at that one...someone actually told me once that a dog having fleas that bit you caused fluid retention...I swear I don't know how I kept my face straight at that one
about the only thing I try to do to keep the risk of fluid retention down...which I really only seem to suffer with is when TOM is due and that is to cut down my coffee and drink a lot more water the week before it is due and until it starts...I would like to be able to say that works fine for me, but the last couple of weeks, not including this past week of course have proved that theory doesn't always work.
If it is an allergy to wheat and you cut that out, you should notice a diffence in a few days.
Let us know how you get on

Ali
Old 04-26-2002, 08:11 PM   #19  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

ooops hit the post message button beore I had finished there

just wanted to say well done to
Tacey, TQ and Chris for the losses this week

and to you Sarah...I know you must be getting really fed up with only losing a pound each week...but at least it is a loss...the past two weeks when I have stayed exactly the same...I would have given anything just to see a 1 pound loss...actually I'd have given anything to see a 1/2 pound loss...anything would have done, other than nothing.
Just hang in there..your doing great, it may be taking a while, but we all know the best things are worth waiting for and a new slim fit healthy bosy is definitely worth the effort and the wait

Ali
Old 04-27-2002, 03:04 AM   #20  
Consistency + Balance

Well... this is Day 2 of not eating wheat and about the only difference I have noticed so far is that (polite cough) I am having to pop to the bathroom a bit more....

I have decided NOT to get on the scales until Monday - just to give the change in diet a bit of a chance to make a difference. Its got to be a really bad habit, its the first thing I do after I get up and I know I shouldn't be getting on them every day.

Isn't it amazing the foods that have got wheat it? Bread, pasta, breakfast cereal, in fact most of the foods I like best! (Yes... I'm feeling deprived already!!!)
Old 04-27-2002, 03:27 AM   #21  
diva of the diet

Sarah, I find it really hard too! Though i must admit I found caffeine harder to crack. I do eat wheat occasionally now, weetabix, bread, pasta etc.If I have it every day though my weight goes up by about 7lb in 3 days. With all the walking you do , you are going to need your complex carbs, cant think of a better reason for piling the taties (potatoes) on your plate!!

I can identify with the loo problem too!!
Old 04-27-2002, 03:44 AM   #22  
Consistency + Balance

Thank goodness its not just me... I have just been on IM with the friend who suggested I try cutting wheat out for a while and she says that having these cravings indicates that I might have an intolerance to it! (Is this gibberish?????) Apparently she got something similar with wine.

Oh boy - I REALLY suffered when I gave up caffeine - I had migraine headaches almost every day for a fortnight. I only drink decaff now and if I occasionally have a cup of normal coffee/glass of coke (like when visiting a friend) I feel all 'buzzy'.

What do you use as a substitute for bread? I tried Ryvita yesterday (yuck) and there's a limit to the amount of spuds I can eat?????
Old 04-28-2002, 04:50 AM   #23  

minus 2 lbs this week and thats with TOM .....i so love when this body does what i want it to do......now if only it would look like i want it too
Old 04-28-2002, 05:08 AM   #24  
Consistency + Balance

It will, Kim, it will - just be patient!

WELL DONE ON THAT 2LBS!!!

TQ - how soon do you think it will be before I see/feel a difference in me on this wheat free diet?? Day 3.... and counting.... I like spuds, but not THIS much!
Old 04-28-2002, 05:14 AM   #25  
Consistency + Balance

Anyone else climbed on those scales???? Its been a bit quiet on this thread this week!
Old 04-28-2002, 05:53 AM   #26  

patience not one of my strong points im afraid..........I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW (FEET STAMPING)
Old 04-28-2002, 06:07 AM   #27  
diva of the diet

It took me a couple of weeks to notice the difference, though the running to the loo was immediate

I eat a lot of rice as potatoes are not that exciting for me, rice cakes , crackerbread. I like the ryvita sesame seed crispbreads and i like the ryvita sesame seed rice cakes

They do have some wheat in though so be careful if you are trying to abstain.

Gluten free is really hard !!
Old 04-28-2002, 07:11 AM   #28  
Consistency + Balance

I have a friend who has coeliac's disease (probably not spelled right) - anyway if she eats gluten she is in total agony and it actually could be life threatening - and now she has just been diagnosed as suffering with insulin dependant diabetes! I am keeping her firmly in mind during this wheat-free experiment of mine, I might be moaning, but there is ALWAYS someone worse off than me! Poor thing - just thought - she never gets invited anywhere nowadays... will definitely give her a ring and invite her for a meal as soon as I have finished posting here.

TQ - the loo - will it settle down?? PLEASE say it will! Am stuck in house - can't even walk the dog today!

I don't think I got properly geared up for this experiment - I only bought ryvita and loads of potato wedges (bored already with them - although discovered they are nice with tomato chilli chutney!) If I do notice there is a difference and that wheat isn't good for me, then I will have to do some serious shopping!
Old 04-29-2002, 03:52 AM   #29  

I have lost half a pound this week. Not a lot I know but a loss is a loss.
Old 04-29-2002, 04:01 AM   #30  

well done phoebe every half pound counts you know and its still grt
Closed Thread