UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 07:21 AM   #1  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Default When you've got there what will you do to celebrate?

We are all so positive nowadays that I am sure we will all get to our target weights... so what will you all do to celebrate??

I've got a few things lined up - the first is that I have got this pretty amazing dark grey soft leather mid calf trenchcoat which is a size 14 and I bought when I was a size 22-24 (some of you might remember me buying it). So I want to wear that to somewhere very special.

The second is that Kevin has promised me a shopping expedition to somewhere nice like Holland or France, just for a day or two - going across on a ferry so I can really load up the car!!!!!

But the very first thing I am going to do is to order an ENORMOUS Indian takeaway to be delivered!
Old 04-03-2002, 08:19 AM   #2  

Good thread. I remember you buying that coat Sarah, you are not so far off wearing it now I bet.

I have an amazing treat lined up for when I reach my goal, 11 days in Las Vegas in September. I would feel so very disappointed in myself if I fail to reach my goal by then.

Another reward would be shopping in the West End, in Karen Millen, East, trendy Convent Garden shops etc.

Another thing I want to do (this may sound silly), I want to sit on my boyfriend's lap without squashing him. We were at the station on Monday and it was very crowded, he sat down and told me to sit on his knee but I was too embarrassed as I thought he would never cope with the weight. Not so much of a reward but it would feel like a reward to me.
Old 04-03-2002, 08:37 AM   #3  
Consistency + Balance

Oh no - I think you have picked some great incentives there!! I think sitting on your boyfriend's lap would be a fantastic reward - both to you and to him.

I love the idea of Las Vegas! Have you actually got it all booked up??

The coat is still to small - its a smallish size 14 and I am right now a slightly large 16 - so hopefully I might look ok in it by about July-August - just when it is too hot to wear silk lined leather!
Old 04-03-2002, 09:13 AM   #4  

We are booking it up the next time we are together (not until 19 April ) but it is all planned. We are flying on 1 September for 11 nights at the Stratosphere Hotel in LV, flying back on 12 September. I can't wait!

Last edited by Phoebe; 04-03-2002 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-03-2002, 10:27 AM   #5  

Great thread Sarah...

Mine is borning, no jet setting off to Las Vegas (lucky you Phoebe) but my Mum has promised to take me to a fantastic shop (posh frock shop, I call it) which sells all desinger clothes and kit me out!!!! We discussed it this w/end actually (again)......
Old 04-03-2002, 11:55 AM   #6  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

I just want to get out of bed and immediately pull on a pair of jeans and a little top, not sit around in my dressing gown for ages. I think I am going to book a family weekend somewhere like Center Parcs or Oasis and wear all those slides out.....along with a new smaller sized swimsuit!!

I think I ought to capture the moment with some photos too cos my son is 6 now and I bet there isn't one of the pair of us where I am not trying to hide behind him or the pushchair (unsuccessfully!!)
Old 04-03-2002, 12:18 PM   #7  

oh what are we going to do to celebrate, well i reckon by xmas i should look quite decent and be able to wear a nice slinky party dress, ive never wore a skirt since school let alone a dress so thats what im going to do ........going to buy a nice glitzy dress and arrange to meet DH in pub somewhere ....very julia roberts and pretty womanish but to see the look on his face will be great
Old 04-03-2002, 12:23 PM   #8  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Some great ideas on here !What a great thread, I don't think i will get there this year but I know I will in 2003, it is the one thing I am sure of.I just need to keep on keeping on and I will get there eventually.....we all will.

You get whatever you settle for!!
Old 04-03-2002, 12:28 PM   #9  

exactly TQ if we want it we will have it we are woman after all
i know i wont be at target by xmas but i will look a whole lot better than i do now..........im not one of these people that looka t myself and think oh so what your fat big deal i really hate it and feel disgusted, so yes this is my year to get my BIG PHAT BOOTY in gear ........hope she doesnt sue me now
Old 04-03-2002, 02:32 PM   #10  
Theres no stopping me now

I'm going away for a long weekend with Ray and no kids. I fancy a hotel nestled in the hills, with a river or a loch near by. Haven't found it yet but I will. Long romantic walks off an evening, dinner in front of the open fire - I will get there - I will
Old 04-03-2002, 02:40 PM   #11  
Phat Chick

I am going to the shop where I bought my wedding dress and will have a corset made in my favourite colour (hubby wore it for his cravat and my best friend's made of honour dress was this colour too ) so my cups can runneth over (well they do that now already )
Old 04-04-2002, 02:00 AM   #12  
Consistency + Balance

These are some brilliant ideas - I especially like the idea of BPB's corset - - what is your favourite colour, BPB - and do they do them in lavender?? Ohhhhh - I forgot - I bought that one from Avon, I'll just go and try it on to see if I am anywhere nearer fitting it.

I'm back..... no..... it doesn't fit yet - maybe by my birthday in June....... I suppose I WAS a bit optimistic buying a size 14/16!

Anyone else got any celebration plans???
Old 04-04-2002, 02:39 AM   #13  
Phat Chick

The colour is damson - very deep bluey/purple/black if that makes sense.
Old 04-04-2002, 02:47 AM   #14  
Pending Email Confirmation

I just want to be able to wear all the clothes that I have that no longer fit (and lie on a beach it the skimpiest bikini) LOL in ya dreams!!
Old 04-18-2002, 04:05 AM   #15  
Consistency + Balance

I have seen a beautiful fine gold chain which you wear round your waist.... when you've got one, that is! You sort of have it put on by a jeweller and it stays on all the time.

I have decided that I really, REALLY want one of those for Christmas... the only problem is that they are supposed to be loose which, looking at a tape measure means that it needs to be at least four inches larger than my waist and the chain I have seen is only 36 inches long - so I've got a lot of hard work to do before it'll fit!
Closed Thread