UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 264/250/140

Height: 5ft 9"

Thanks for letting me know groovy.
Bonjul
Bonjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Thank you for the advice everyone, I really appreciate it!! I have an appointment with my doctor this afternoon so wish me luck, I am going to take Kforkittys advice and go in with an open mind and just see what they say!
Thought I should add, that I have lost nothing AGAIN this week, in fact I have gained a pound. Something is not right as my calorie deficit at the end of the week was 2,500 which means I should have at least maintained if I didnt lose!! Im really hoping that the doctor can do something to help me. This is really getting to me now, espeically considering I have lost quite a bit of weight already, so I know how to lose weight and have in the past!!

Last edited by pigginpodgey; 08-25-2008 at 11:07 AM.
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 21st 1 1/2 ib start weight

Height: 5.5

Hi there I have just started taking Xenical last week and haven't suffered any side effects as such only looser movements in the bathroom department. I was worried initially as I kept reading that you get an oily substance etc but it hasn't happened to me which I'm relieved about. I was just reading your messages and I wanted to let people know that I have been prescribed Reductil twice over the last 3 years and both times it didn't work for me. After a month or two it just stopped working cos your body adjusts to the fact that you are taking it and my blood pressure rose to a rather high level.

My weight and goal is set wrong on my profile as I was doing it in a hurry sorry.
Neenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:18 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 180/169/133

Height: 5feet 2inches

DH was put on Xenical a while ago and they really upset him from the first week with orange oily movements very unpleasant.
He lost weight with them but only for a while then ground to a halt and nothing happened. It either works for you or not apparently you can get the side effects after a month of taking them.
Some can take them without the side effects whilst others cannot.
It is great stuff if it suits you and I know peole who have lost weight with Xenical and have done really well on it.
I was put on them last year but lost very little weight so the Dr took me off them.Eating a very low fat diet is the key as well as exercise of course.
paula953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:56 PM   #20  

i think its gd in helping ppl avoid fats in not-so-oily food. You know the food is high in fats from passing out oil (due to xenical), and you will learn to aviod it the next time.
myst is offline   Reply With Quote