UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:25 AM   #31  

I'm off to Cornwall for 3 nites then onto Devon for another 3. I'm taking in 2 gigs whilst I'm down there at the St Ives Festival
sarahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #32  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

OOOOOOOOo, lovely jubbly, I think Cornwall is one of my most favourite places on the earth. Have a wonderful time and enjoy the festival, see you when you get back, have a cream tea and some cornish ice cream for me please
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:36 PM   #33  

will do
Old 09-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #34  
Gym'll fix it!!

Ooops fell off the page again

Have'nt been to Cornwall for decades from what I remember it was lovely Hope you had (are having) a really nice time sarahgrace

Did you have a Rum and Coke Chris My mate is currently working for me so the party is over for the time being it does'nt taste the same when you're on your own

Not up to much today "thinking" about doing some decorating but know that I should'nt really will probably regret it if I do alternative is going to the mall and spending more money (that I have'nt got) oh dear
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:33 PM   #35  
Slow and steady

I didn't have the rum and coke, but I did indulge in a few BIG glasses of wine with a friend.

I am getting ready to decorate my kitchen, have chosen the colours and tomorrow I get my fridge back, that went kaput after two weeks of moving in the house! We've been without it now for nine weeks and it's boinic, has had three different parts replaced now...apparently it takes three weeks each to get the part and then have some clever bugger figure out where it goes and put it in! Might make a difference to my healthy eating plan now too, it's difficult having fresh veg and fruit without a fridge, I don't know how they managed in the early years.. not that they knew any different, maybe that's how they coped, We're so spoiled with modern tecnology, aren't we?

I'm off out in a mo, to meet some Brits I've found on line in Utah... downtown SLC, should be a fun day

How's the ribs darling?
Old 09-19-2008, 07:44 AM   #36  

Nice to hear from Frus!!

Hey ladies!!! Sorry I have not been on for a while (again) but have been studying my a*se off (well one way of getting rid of it I suppose!). Just finished my humanities course and I have to wait for the results of the last last assignment (a sort of exam) and the one before that, too. I start up again in October with Beginners Latin, a short 10 week course and then a bigger one in February.

I had a look on our college's website for the evening classes and they do a film one and an opera one which I would love to do but with already doing one night school, there would probably be problems at work cos I sometimes have to stay behind if we have receptions. Best not risk the wrath, eh?

So how is everyone? Had a good holiday? My colleague is off to Siciliy. She has been before and enjoyed it.

I am off to Mum's to cram up on Latin which I meant to do in the summer (what summer) but it raced by when I was still waist deep in assignments!!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:42 PM   #37  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Wow Peacock you are waist deep in it Good Luck with your exam

Chris, How did the meet go? there are tons of Brits in Victoria but I never think of trying to actually meet some the ribs are S-L-O-W-L-Y getting better My friends daughter is due to have her second child next month so my friend is off to Calgary for that so she won't be able to cover for me past wednesday looks like i'll be going back to work next week I'm quite looking forward to it need to make some money anyway Have a Nice Weekend Girls
Old 09-19-2008, 04:27 PM   #38  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I see Frus beat me back here, I also thought I should pop in after seeing Frus and Kylie at Kylie's wedding, but haven't been at home much to get round to it.

Yes, I'm still running. At the weekend I did my first fell race (!) - 15 miles over the moors round Haworth. My next marathon is Snowdonia in six weeks time, after that I'm doing London in April and Windermere in May. I've done 6 marathons so far, my fastest was Edinburgh in 3:44 - the Good for Age time for London is 3:45 so I just about managed it. My next target is the Boston qualifying time (3:40). That won't be at Snowdonia (too hilly), but is the aim for either London or Windermere.

I'm a bit heavier than my lowest weight, but generally stable and maintaining relatively well.

Non weight related I'm also going to be an auntie! And there *may* be a bloke on the horizon. It hasn't progressed much further than harmless flirting at the moment, but there does seem to be flirting in both directions, so you never know what will happen. And you'll never guess what hobby I met him through...
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:29 PM   #39  

nice to see you Helen

i'm back from Cornwall, gigs were ace !!

I'm feeling very fat though- too much
Old 09-23-2008, 12:48 PM   #40  
Slow and steady

Hi Helen

I think we should change your name to Forest Gump with all those runs that you're doing Boston marathon hey? Shame I'm not still up there, I would have cheered you on and held your water bottle. And a bloke......flirting eh? That's always fun.

Well I'm back at Curves after my little break and not getting there with the move, doing the 'smart' workout and it's great, you get to see how well you do after your workout as it's computer related, yesterday I burned 567 cals in 30 minutes which is the workout time. I'm very happy about that, it'll make me feel ok when I go out to lunch shortly with a Brit friend, we've found a fish & chip shop that we're going to check out.

Glad that you hada good time Sarah Grace, don't worry about the food intake, now that you're back, you can get back on track.

Cat, glad to hear that the ribs are feeling a bit better, I'm sure it'll take some time to heal completely.

Peacock, Latin? I had enough trouble with german, so good luck with all the classes...good on yer I say

Ok, must go and get ready for lunch....yum! It'd better be good.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:58 PM   #41  
Gym'll fix it!!

LOL is there any "plaice" that does'nt have a fish n' chip shop? hmmmm I sure do miss my chippie they just don't compare over here

Well, I haven't made it back to work yet should have gone in last thursday but had to phone in and cry off i'm off the painkillers now and boy can I feel it will try again for next week I guess. I've been sat around for nearly five weeks now feeding my face and watching soaps I look need to get well and start a plan
Old 10-01-2008, 05:02 AM   #42  

Nice to hear from you Helen!

Poor Cat90! Now you are off the pills have you tried using one of those sprays/creams aimed at aches and pains - the one I am thinking of smells of wintergreen - nice but can clash with your perfume!

Brit- let's hope the fish n' chips are good - but not THAT good if you see what I mean!

I have just had to walk up to the 8th floor at work as both lifts I normally use are out of action! That's my exercise for the day!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #43  
Slow and steady

Cat, hope the pain is subsiding now, dose yourself up with some Advil darling

Peacock, the fish was delish, chips, not like Brit one's precut and cooked a wee bit too much, found that right next door was British goods....not good at all, cos I want to buy everything! Did buy some suet though, can't get it over here, so I'll be making Christmas puds in the next few weeks...oh yum.

I've been busy this week, signing up to sub in the local school district. Told them I won't sub for the HS though, don't like the big kids...too mouthy for my liking Hopefully it will work out, that I get the autistic preschool which I went and observed this week, the kids are absolutely darling.

Well it's time to get outside and plant my daff bulbs, must go buy some tulips as well....it would be nice to have a nice show after the winter that is forecast, LOADS of snow! Starting Saturday in the mountain areas, we'll just get rain, and that's ok, cos we need it

have a good one all
Old 10-03-2008, 05:33 AM   #44  

Brit, you mentioned the C word Badgirl!

Actually I have made a sort of start on the pressies, but luckily most people want money this year (so do I!!!!). I don't have to wrry about the food- I just turn up with my big tummy!
Old 10-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #45  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Still feel like i'm being stabbed but i'm determined to go back to work on Monday can't stand to watch many more soaps on top of this I got malware on my computer on thursday it happened in a matter of seconds sirens were going and warnings were coming up on my screen then what I thought was my antivirus software screen appeared and I pressed a button that said 'activate now' and boom that was it could not log in or anything I had to use my recovery disc yesterday and i've lost everything pictures, favourites, programs oh well, at least i'm back online

Chris, what you doin'? mentioning christmas already ugh don't mention snow I hate it. Thank god we don't get much over here