UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:27 AM   #16  

Oops! ALzheimers alert!! I meant BritNJ has moved to Utah. DOh!!!

Cat90 - did you really not understand what I said about reaching my goal - cos at the beginning of the thread you asked how we were all doing and had we reached our goals. Don't tell me you are getting as forgetful as i AM!!!!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:32 PM   #17  

hi I'm still here lurking . Not in good place at the moment though haven't lost any weight since Feb!!! Have only put on 4lbs though.

Been off work with stress, am back now but I'm having trouble sleeping still
sarahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #18  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone,

Cat, what on earth have you done to break your ribs my woman? OUCH! It's nice to see some of the oldies back again, I was pretty lax myself about checking in, but have managed to lose a few more pounds, not as many as I'd like, but slow and steady, wins the race.

It's lovely to see all these new young'uns' on here as well... hello everyone You all sound remarkable and have joined a great site

SG, four pounds since Feb isn't bad at all darling, I can gain that by looking at a chocolate cake! Have you asked your Dr about any sleeping tablets to help you relax and at least get a good nights sleep, that would certainly help your stress level reduce some.

Peacock, yes, it's me, not Cat who is in Utah, relocation again, but this should keep us here a while now. We knew Cape Cod was only for two years, this is a bit more permanent, hence buying a house again.

I was out early this morning, weeding, we have a very large garden and the previous owners planted loads of lillies and roses, but they're very overgrown and there's lots of weeds hiding underneath, so I donned my gardening gloves and set to it, it's quite a wrokout you know.

Right, well I think it's time for a cuppa and a sit down in front of the telly. I do wonder what is happening with Helen and Frus as well. Hello, if you've popped in for a read, you skinny minnies you

More tomorrow.........
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #19  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies Chris, I slipped on some metal pipes down at the workshop, fell backwards and hit my back on the corner of a sheet of 1" metal plate it hurts like ****!! I've told everyone i'd sooner go through childbirth than this any day Wow, you get about don't you so what do you think of Utah? Happy there?

Peacock, that was my feeble attempt at humour you know, what do ya mean you've not reached your goal?? I think i'm currently the heaviest i've ever been in my life and sitting around like a slug is'nt helping one bit have vowed to do something about this when i'm mobile and painfree again well, relatively painfree don't think i've been painfree since I was a kid

sarahgrace, Hope you feel better soon

Just watching "the view" but intend to move soon. Its an absolutely beautiful day would love to go on a bike ride but don't think the old bones are up to it might try a slow walk instead
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #20  
Slow and steady

Cat,

You poor thing, I think I'd rather go through childbirth as well, or visit the dentist and have holes drilled without injections....ouch, I feel for you.

Yes, we get about, Utah is nice, not as nice as AZ, but at least it's closer than MA. I'm just glad to have left the island.

I need a job though, I'm awfully bored and empty nest syndrome is setting in fast. I talk to Pen and Lew all day and I'm sure that they're fed up with me rabbiting on about nothing.

I've just been out in the front garden tackling the weeds, they're terrible, and a pain to pull, I've had to be digging down to remove all the roots, so my arms and back have had a good workout.

Time, for a cuppa now I think, oh bugger, have left my cup on the front steps, better go and retrieve that, don't want the paper knocking it over tomorrow morning as it's thrown towards the front door.

Take it easy Cat, enjoy the slow walks, I think bike riding is out for the mo
Old 09-07-2008, 03:12 PM   #21  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies
Chris, Went to the quacks yesterday for more painkillers and he's signed me off for 4-6 weeks NO WAY!! I'm bored out of my tree already funny how when you're at work you wish you were at home and vise versa there's just no suiting us I think i'll take next week off then maybe do a 3 day week until I feel better Its the local fair today think i'll go sit in the beer garden this afternoon its bloody gorgeous again I went to the pub with friends yesterday but did'nt have such a good time as I was in pain hopefully it won't be as bad today I don't like taking the T3's as they make me drowsy but I might take one. Boss was'nt impressed when I gave him my sick note but I told him i'd be back in a week or two. He said they did'nt realise how much I did until I was gone!! maybe they'll appreciate me more now Ok i'm off.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:03 PM   #22  
Slow and steady

Cat, good to know that your boss has realised how much you do, now you're off with your sick note, maybe you will be appreciated more, but don't hold your breath lovey.

I know how you mean being bored out of your tree, I am SO BORED! I've been filling in applications for work today, so hopefully I'll get something offered soon and meet new people.

I am doing ok with my eating, and walking each evening with Pen and Lew, this evening as we were walking along a main road bit, I heard voices behind me, so reined the dogs in, turned around to see who was behind me, and it was two ladies on horses....Pen didn't know what to make of them as they passed us as she's never seen a horse before, they were beautiful though and this is such a lovely area for a ride. If I wasn't such a hefalump, I might take horse riding up again, it's very good for the bum and thighs.

Hope everyone else is doing good....see ya tomorrow.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #23  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Yoooo hooooo!

I kinda reached my goal - I am no longer too chubby and I no longer feel like I should be watching what I eat every day or exercising like a mad woman!

I am a black belt now - going for my 2nd Dan soon.

I was thinking about this site because I went to Kylie's (kykaree) wedding at the weekend.

look at that big bouquet!!!!!

Last edited by 2frustrated; 09-09-2008 at 10:26 AM.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #24  

#good to see you Frus. Thanks for the pics.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #25  
Slow and steady

HI Frus, so glad to know that you're doing great Well done on the black belt you ninja you....I bet all the lads are scared of you..

Please tell Kylie Congrats on her wedding, looks like it was a good day, seems ages since she was here too.... she looks lovely and happy.

Where's Helen as well? Still running around the British Isles?
Old 09-10-2008, 03:41 PM   #26  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone
Hiya Frus WOW a blackbelt good on ya love the pics is it me or do they kinda lookalike they say that you grow to look like your partner hope I don't look like mine!!!

Chris, good luck with the job applications its another beautiful day in Victoria I should really go out instead of keep sitting indoors watching soaps and surfing think its the first year that I have'nt had a good tan

Hi sarahgrace
Old 09-11-2008, 03:50 AM   #27  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Yes they do look alike, don't they Cat? I think they are a perfect match!

Yes Helen is still running around the British Isles! She ran the London Marathon this year - then a few weeks later (maybe 3 or 4 weeks) she ran Edinburgh and got a Good For Age time, now she automatically gets a place in London next year! I'm so jealous! Heee heee!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #28  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Morning Ladies

Ended up going to my friends yesterday we sat in the sun and drank rum and coke supposed to be doing it again this afternoon think her hubby is a bit miffed though because the night before she was at her sister-in-laws drinking until 9pm and he did'nt get dinner not my fault is it he got dinner last night though because she prepared it first thing so all she had to do was cook it when he arrived and I made a quick exit I'm currently doing laundry then i'm off grocery shopping then will be relaxing on the deck soaking up some sun Have a good one
Old 09-11-2008, 02:37 PM   #29  

Hi all. Still feeling a bit crap however i'm off on holiday on Saturday so that helps
Old 09-12-2008, 12:32 AM   #30  
Slow and steady

Ooooooooooo rum and coke, my fav....maybe I'll do that tomorrow too It's supposed to be lovely out again, can't complain about Utah weather so far I must say.

SarahGrace, where are you off to luv? Have a wonderful time, destress and come back and tell us all about it...

Time for bed for me I think, although a rum and coke sounds like a right night cap