UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 06:28 PM   #1  
Theres no stopping me now

Default Starting Over uh uh uh uh (you gotta sing it)

Well Tuesday 26th march is my D-Day. Not sure what the D stands for - sure ain't diet. But I am going to kick my butt all day and stick to program and even work out and walk. Have walked during my lapse but not done any other type of exercise.

So today I have ate, drank (I wish) and been merry for tomorrow I eat healthily.

I remember previously posting all the reasons I wanted to lose weight. Tomorrow I need to look for that thread and print it off. I need to stick it some where I will see it and also have a copy in my bag so when I'm tempted I can take it out and read it.

Was going to post a photo of me so you could see where I was starting from but it is too big and my computer is playing silly games and won't allow me to resize it. So I will send it to work tomorrow and post it tomorrow night. Don't think I can post it from work, the permissions on the PCs are all wrong.

I am determind no more slipping

Until tommorrow
Old 03-26-2002, 02:18 AM   #2  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Well done, Carol!

I'm sure the lads won't need to come road and kick butt! We're with you every calorie of the way.
Old 03-26-2002, 02:53 AM   #3  

well after friday and saturdays disasters i stuck to plan all day sunday and monday but i think tom must be due because all i can think of is goodies.......just a quick q before work has anyone elses TOM gone erratic since losing a bit of weight, mine has well im putting it down to losing weight cant think of anything else ive changed
Old 03-26-2002, 03:59 AM   #4  

I have noticed that I get PMS at a different time in the month now. I now get that horrible irritable and depressed feeling about 2 weeks before TOM as opposed to a few days before it (as I used to).

Weird huh??
Old 03-26-2002, 04:12 AM   #5  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Carol- Well done lass you can do it!!
I think March is a bad time for all of us who began changing our lives in January (any January !!) because it has been a long old haul and for many of us our journey ahead is a long one,and it won't be a joy ride for most of the time.
The only difference for me this time (and believe me I have BAD days) is that I just get back to it the next day, or even the next hour depending what time of day it is.
I have the day to myself today and I was going to go shopping to Bluewater (big shopping centre in kent), I have decided not to do this and instead I am going to go through my wardrobe and get rid of everything that is too big/shabby. I was going to do this a few weeks ago but didn't have the courage, but I am doing it because I am determined not to fit into these clothes again.
So come on lasses and clear out your closets and think of the fun we can have filling em up again.
Talking of filling em up, i got a couple of tops from bhs for £9 each and one from ASDA for £5. ASDA go up to size 24 now and have some really nice items.
The sun is shining and it is a reminder that summer really is just around the corner, just think about how slim we will be next march, we will remember 2002 as the year we all lost it BIG.
Old 03-26-2002, 05:23 AM   #6  
Theres no stopping me now

Just a very quick post - am work and am busy but never too busy to pop in here.

Managed to resize the piccie. Here I am in all my glory - not. In case you hadn't worked it out I'm the one in the red t-shirt. Steve is next to me with no top on & Sean is next to him. If I had known my brother was taken pictures I would of at least brushed my hair and probably of pulled in my stomach, but at least this picture is me - warts and all.

So now I know where I am starting (yet again) who knows where I will end up but I will be fitter, lighter and more healthy.

Last edited by Smiling Sal; 03-26-2002 at 05:27 AM.
Old 03-26-2002, 05:37 AM   #7  

Nice photo I love to see photos
Old 03-26-2002, 05:39 AM   #8  
Consistency + Balance

Hi Carol - nice to have a face to put to a name - don't know if you remember but this is me.....

Crikey - they look a lively bunch!
Old 03-26-2002, 11:29 AM   #9  
diva of the diet

Thanks for the photo Carol ! (and Sarah) I like to be able to put a face to a name. I would send one but I don't know how to put them on here I can email them though if anyone wants to put it on for me!!

Handsome family Carol!!
Old 03-27-2002, 02:00 AM   #10  

when im off at the weekend ill try uploading a picture.....what a grim thought but it may be just the way to make me stay on trackthen every stone i lose ill just put nice new slim picture beside it...i am saying this of course assuming i can work out how to do it but hey its a long weekend so i got plenty of time
Old 03-27-2002, 02:24 AM   #11  
Consistency + Balance

TQ and Flumper..... basically you either upload your digital pix or scan and save your pix as jpgs - then you upload them with your post in the usual way that you would upload any image using the attach file big at the bottom of the 'reply' screen. You just need to check that your picture is less than 25600 bytes.

I am really looking forward to seeing your pictures!
Old 03-27-2002, 02:35 AM   #12  

ok the scan and save i know how to do .....but how do you know if there saved as jpgs
Old 03-27-2002, 02:43 AM   #13  
diva of the diet

I will try when i get back, i have a digital camera and a scanner but am absolutely US with both. I will set myself a challenge to keep my hands busy, wish me luck.
Old 03-27-2002, 02:52 AM   #14  

hmm i get paid tomorrow maybe a digital camera could be on the cards but it would end up like all my other techy things and be used as an ornament
Old 03-27-2002, 03:32 AM   #15  
Consistency + Balance

To save as a jpg..... when you have scanned your photo and have got it up on your screen then select 'save as' and then at the bottom of the wizzard you should have a little downwards arrow by the side of the type of file you want it to be - click on the arrow and jpg should be one of the selections. Click on it and then follow the prompts. I hope!

I haven't got a digital camera yet... I usually just scan my pictures.
Closed Thread