UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Default Anyone else think...

That the closer you are to your goal the harder it is to lose weight? Discuss.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:28 PM   #2  
I Use To Eat All The Pies

S/C/G: 196/Ticker/131

Height: 5" 6

I wouldn't know yet! LOL

But I have heard that when you have less to lose it does get harder... I keep thinking that wont bother me as I will be "slim" and will just be patient. But I know when I get there I will be sooo frustrated!
GlitteringPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #3  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I've actually been losing weight at the same rate, or roughly the same rate, since I started trying. It has of course been affected by the fact that in the beginning I had crazy amounts of motivation + the opportunity for four hours of exercise a day. In fact, at first I ate far too little. Actually, though, I almost think it's gotten easier to lose weight as I've gotten more in shape- it's easier to exercise longer and harder, and the benefit is more than just that gained by not having to lug around extra weight.
ImpalaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:20 AM   #4  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i hope the loss doesnt slow down....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:30 AM   #5  

Yes I think you reach a plateau - I seem to remember that from years ago.....
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:03 AM   #6  

Took me about 6 months to lose 30lb. Took me another YEAR to lose some of the last 10lb.

And even then it never all came off. And when some came off - it would go back on again, then come off again - permanently see-sawing even though I continued doing what I was doing, absolutely unwavering dedication!

So yes it is a lot harder to lose the last bit. And yes I tried all the usual tricks - weighing my food to check the portions were still bang on (they can creep up over time), upping the exercise - and I was already doing 10,000 steps a day and one hour's HARD exercise at that point! Your body knows what it wants to do, is the conclusion I came to.

Last edited by PhatPhoenix; 06-23-2008 at 06:05 AM.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote