UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:08 AM   #1  

Default Good grief! No June thread yet?????

Ok - I will start here Bit late and all........
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i guess it got removed due to the backup?!....
June 12th....
months going pretty good for me....
motivations up....
how about you peeps?....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:02 AM   #3  

Well I am here to tell you that I did not have a doughnut this morning! We have them on Friday. Ok I am not a big fan but have been having one as a 'treat' . I am really hungry so that is a big effort. Mind you in our meeting at lunchtime we have a good M&S feed! Sandwiches, crisps and cake. Well it is Friday and I am week for M&S nibbles!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:46 AM   #4  

Ello all well done on the no doughnut, peacock! I'm getting addicted to those Frusli orange and cocoa nibs snack bars. VERY hard to stop at one!

Am off to my first re-enactment event of the season this weekend so frantically sewing today. Finishing my 17thC stays (makes a heavy duty sports bra look flimsy!) Oddly, it's not flattering - makes me look fatter! But your Tudor/17thC clothes over it just look brilliant. I was hand sewing channels for the boning all winter! And earlier put hooks and eyes on a bodice.

Had a lot of dental work done 2 weeks ago so have totally stopped eating between meals (not even 'healthy' snacks - eat it all in one go, at a meal now. Better for the teef, apparently than to be grazing all day or doing the little and often thing.

What's everyone else doing?
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:39 AM   #5  
Little Miss Random

wooooo my sheds gona be started today....
old ones coming down and foundations for new one is going in....
shouldnt really call it a shed....
its my home gym....
Old 06-15-2008, 06:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

I'm so so bad, Bad Rachael Bad!!! I had pizza for dinner. I have had a grumpy day and the weather has got all cold again.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:42 AM   #7  

Phat - tudor style clothing? reminded me of supersizers go Elizabethan - i watched it last night - those two are a scream! Did you really make the clothes yourself???? Gosh (said she who thinks she should have an award for sewing on the occasional button).
Old 06-18-2008, 06:57 PM   #8  

LOL Peacock it's not proper tailoring til you get to the 18thC so any bozo with a pattern can make Tudor and 17thC clothes - if I can, anyone can! I wish my stays made me look thinner (they don't). Am with you re. the buttons - can't stand that kind of sewing! But when it came to re-enactment clothes, we had to learn to do it ourselves years ago as we couldn't afford to buy off traders. Lucky my husband turned out to be brilliant with a needle... so he does the hard stuff like work out patterns, etc - and I just make my own up. His does his own and the kids'. He used to sell kit he made, years ago and he built up a very good rep - he could do it for a living, even now I bet! Was wearing a gown he made this weekend and the no' of folk that asked me who made it! He's now figuring out a pattern for another one, as I got a big length of green silk I want to use!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:18 PM   #9  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello. I'm not from the UK as you can see but I was browsing around in the recipe section and found a great recipe posted January 2007 by peacock 2. Here it is to refresh your memory. I tried it for dinner (lunch) today and everyone enjoyed it including my 91 year old mother. Thanks for posting this.

I found I had to use 500ml water and I didn't have enough Marmite so I used some beef bouillon to make it up. I used half cheddar cheese and half feta. So yummy.

Quote:
Lazy Lentils from Bean Feast by Rose Elliot

Serves 4 to 6, calories 200 to 300

Ingredients
4 large onions peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
I garlic clove, crushed
250 ml (half pint) water
2 teaspoons yeast extract
176 g (6 oz) split red lentils
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
125 g (4 oz) grated cheese
breadcrumbs

Method
Set oven to 150C, 300 F or gas mark 3.
If possible use a flameproof casserole that can go on hob and into oven.

Fry the onions in the oil for 5 to 7 minutes, browning lightly.
Then add the garlic, water and yeast extract and stir until yeast extract dissolved.
Take off the heat and add lentils, herbs, seasoning and most of the cheese.
Sprinkle the rest of cheese on top together with some crumbs.
Bake for 2 hours.
Serve with vegetables and gravy or a parsley sauce.
The protein in the lentils and the cheese is complimentary.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:57 PM   #10  
Little Miss Random

first day of summer and all its done here is rain, look miserable and dark, and rain some more....
i hope there is more summer to come yet....
Old 06-23-2008, 05:32 AM   #11  

Hi ya Isabella

I remember that recipe well! I never actually made it but a friend made it for our book club and it was lovely! I might make it for the book club one day.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:01 AM   #12  

Ah British summertime! don't you just love it! Gales (brilliant - I got lots of kindling for my fire!) Rain, cold.... You can tell it's summer! We went to an event - so camping last weekend and I nearly died of hypothermia at night - bluddy freezing!

Am doing the Race For Life on July 6th and am hoping not for rain but a nice, cool breezy day as it's much easier to run!
Old 06-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #13  

Default No more pick n mix

Not had a particularly good day today as feling a bit 'mis' so went to the shop for some pick n' mix. Why did I do it - after munching on pink pig sweetie things and fudge I now have a headache and feel a bit sick. Serves me right!!!