UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:12 AM   #16  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Day 4

Weight 160.5 (Total loss - 1.1 lbs)

Result! I haven't managed to get below 160.9 in four weeks!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:27 AM   #17  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Would you recommend this to anyone?
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #18  
MasterHarper

Day 4

Weight - 160.5 (total loss so far 1.1 lb)

9.30am - put new patch on. Interesting point - the first two days i put them on my buttocks (sorry!), but yesterday I put it on my upper abdomen. When I took the third one off this morning there was a red mark and a slight sprinkling of a rash when with the previous two there had been no mark. So if anyone was considering using this, it is better to put it somewhere where the skin is less sensitive, or experiment with different places. It didn't hurt and it wasn't itchy. I've put today's on my lower back.

10.45am - tummy rumbling again - had 1 oz of dry cheerios. About to go out for a walk in this nice sunshine. Am half way through my cheerios and I feel like I'm forcing myself to finish them! Interesting.

1.15pm - we had a lovely walk in the sunshine for an hour and a half. Best way of getting exercise! Who wants to jig about in front of the TV doing workouts when you can just go out and walk in the sunshine? And I got some summer dresses for Bebe. Had lunch - ham sandwiches and sugar free jelly. That little rash is still there on my tummy but it is fading.

Going to do my piano practice now and annoy the neighbours!

7pm - I had tea at 6pm. I didn't have an afternoon snack this afternoon so I was hungry. But I am quite full now. Because I had no snack, I had half an oz more rice than I had planned - 1.5 oz instead of 1 oz so I am nice and full.

9pm - this is interesting. I've just been rooting around in the kitchen for something to eat. not because I'm hungry, because I'm not, but because i need to eat something to make my calories up to 1300. But I'm not actually hungry. At all. Hmmm! I had some grapes.

ETA: Cals logged today 1307

Last edited by Robsia; 05-02-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #19  
MasterHarper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
Would you recommend this to anyone?
I don't know yet.

When I've finished the 6 day trial, limiting myself to 1300 calories day, I'm going to log another 6 days, again limiting myself to the same calories seeing a) if I lose the same amount of weight and b) if I start to get cravings again.

I think it works (if it works) not by letting you eat what you like and lose weight, but by making it easier for you to eat less. So in theory someone using this patch eating 1300 cals a day would lose the same whether they wore the patch or not, but it makes it easier to eat that amount by supposedly eliminating the cravings. So you still have to eat less.

Whether or not it has any actual effect or whether it's just a placebo I don;t know.

To find that out we'd have to have a proper study with a group wearing the genuine article and a group wearing fake ones, but none knowing what they were wearing. Then have them all keep a diary and compare the results. As far as I know no such study has been done.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:31 AM   #20  
MasterHarper

Day 5

Weight 160 (lost so far 1.6 lbs)

Well, it's still coming off! My pre-Easter chocolate lowest weight was 159.6 so I'd love to be below that tomorrow. Then I'd be my lowest weight since Bebe arrived. Then I can finally change my ticker too!
Old 05-03-2008, 04:03 PM   #21  
MasterHarper

Day 5

Weight - 160 (lost 1.6 lb)

9.00am - put patch on. There was a slight mark with this one I took off too, but not as bad as the day before. I put the new one on my bum today - it seems to be the safest place.

9pm - well I haven't been keeping notes today as it's been a busy day but I have been good. Unlike yesterday when I was rooting around for calories, today I ate more in the day and didn't have any left.

I have been hungry though this evening so I've had to make myself not snack. Well, I say hungry, but the tummy hasnt rumbled - it's the kind of hunger that's in the mind!! The kind that this patch is supposed to stop.

So I've had to find my iron willpower. I have just enough calories left for a cup of coffee, which I am now enjoying.

Cals logged today - 1306
Old 05-04-2008, 03:50 AM   #22  
MasterHarper

Day 6

Weight 159.2!! (total loss 2.4 lb)

YES! I finally beat my previous low. I can change my ticker now!

Today will be tricky as we always have Sunday lunch at my mum's which involves roast chicken, roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding and gravy. And I LOVE chicken skin, even though (or probably because( it's the fattiest part of the bird.

So if I have one potato and one yorkshire, and not too much gravy, and be good for the rest of the day, I should be OK. But I do like my Sunday dinners.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:02 AM   #23  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

looks like it is having some affect then....
i was tempted to try this a lil while ago....
but while i am steadily loosing atm i dont think there is any point for me to.,...
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #24  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

well done, this is great to see it working for you. are u exercising aswell as the ridgid plan and patch??
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #25  
MasterHarper

When the weather allows I go out for nice long walks. I've just got myself a cool new jogger stroller, so I might invest in a good sports bra and start jogging a bit.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #26  
MasterHarper

Day 6

Weight - 159.2 (lost 2.4 lbs)

1.45pm - whoops I took my old patch off this morning before my shower and I only just remembered to put the new one on just now!!

Anyway, nothing to report. Had breakfast at about 9-ish, lunch at 12.30-ish. Was hungry for it, but didn't have a morning snack. We are going to mum and dad's for Sunday dinner, so I won't be able to have an afternoon snack. The danger there is that I get very hungry for my tea and want to eat more. Also she is forever pushing sausages on me. She KNOWS I'm trying to lose weight but each week she asks me if I want a sausage and I have to refuse, which hurts beause I loved sausages roasted with the chicken. I wish she just didn't ask me then I wouldn't have to say no.

And sometimes she produces ice cream for afters! So I don't know if I'll have lost weight tomorrow. It's easy to not eat fattening food when you don't have it in the house, but when people put things in front of your nose, it's harder to refuse.

10.00pm - well it was OK, I didn't have a sausage and I only had one potato. Yay me! And no ice cream. And I had enough calories left over when we got home for a big mug of coffee and an oz of cheerios for a snack.

Total cals logged today: 1334

So today is the last patch, so tomorrow I'll sum up the 6 days and start a new 6 day period without the patch where I match my average cals for the last six days then compare the weight loss and note any change in snacky cravings along the way.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:21 AM   #27  
MasterHarper

End of 6 day trial period.

Start weight: 161.6
End weight: 158.9

Weight lost 2.7 lb

Average cals per day: 1367

-------------------------------

So now this is Day 1 of the control period, where I try to match my calories, but don't wear the Pink Patch and see if the weight loss is comparable.

Day 1

Starting weight - 158.9 lb (11 stone 4.9)
Old 05-05-2008, 05:49 AM   #28  
The Last 10lbs!

I'm really glad you're doing this! I keep seeing the ads for the pink patch and wondering if it is worth getting the free trial or not. I am very interested to see what your results are over the next 6 days!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:48 PM   #29  
MasterHarper

Day 1 of not wearing Pink Patch

Weight 158.9

5.45pm - Well, I'd been Ok up till now. Had breakfast, morning snack, lunch and we've been out most of the afternoon. Was hungry when we came home so had tea at 5.00pm. I've just been making my daughter's tea as she's been playing at a friend's and I'm still ravenous! I feel like I could have eaten all her tea up too!

I only have 200 calories left and 5 hours till bedtime.

8.30pm - well that ravenousness went away. I just had my oz of cheerios snack and I have enough cals for a nice big mug of coffee to have while I do my ironing in a while.

Cals logged today - 1354
Old 05-06-2008, 03:13 AM   #30  
MasterHarper

Day 2 of not wearing Pink Patch

Weight: 159.2

Well, it's actually gone up a touch! That doesn't necessarily mean anything as weight can fluctuate, and I have been weighing myself a bit later in the morning over the weekend, which does make a difference. You can weigh half a pound less if you get up an hour later!