UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 03:27 AM   #16  

700 cals !!!!!!!!omg i could never survive on that , but then ive porabably tried because ive tried all the fads going , and its never stayed off this time will be different though, because im doing it sensibly and if it comes of in high lbs for a few weeks im not going to stress because i know it will slow down , if it doesnt ill have to go back and make a few finer adjustments that sounds very techniccal just for a diet but this is hardest and most technical thing ive ever done
Old 03-07-2002, 03:50 AM   #17  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Yes - I agree with that, I think it is for me too. I've tried all the faddy diets as well. I reckon I have been on approximately one diet a year for the last 26 years. I think the worst was possibly a weird powder stuff that came in individual meal replacement sachets that were made up in to drinks - it was horrendously expensive and worked out to about 500 cals a day. (Can't remember what it was called.) I made myself VERY ill on that one - kidney problems. You couldn't buy the stuff in shops, you had to find yourself a 'Counsellor'.

I just know that this time it has got to be the last - all the yoyo-ing in the past has (according to my doctor) stressed my body to the point where I am not really going to recover from it. So, like you, I am happy for it to take a while to lose it this time so long as I do it right and it stays off.
Old 03-07-2002, 05:21 AM   #18  
Theres no stopping me now

Losing this weight slowly does make it more likely to stay off. It also means we are losing fat. They say if you lose more than 2lbs a week then, you are losing precious muscle tissue as well as fat. I need to watch out as I lost 3 this week.

I’ve done all the faddy diets too. They don’t work as we can all testify. But this time we are going to do it. I have a dream of losing 2.5 stones by the end of June & another 2.5 by the end of December. 5 stones is a lot to lose in a year, but it is very doable at 2lbs or less a week.(26 weeks to lose 35lbs) – so I just have to do it.

Carol
Old 03-07-2002, 07:41 AM   #19  

carol now you got me worried because ive had a couple of weeks with 4-6lbs loss,is this no use? i have a feeling this week will be very good loss too , i thought it was because my body now realises ok so she isnt going to fill me with all the goodies she did before after a couple of weeks, i know it wont stay this way though i know the losses will get smaller but they will still be losses , after my earlier post i worte down on bit of paper what would be a normal boring day for me in the house , that is what i did what i ate the lot and i was brutally honest and im telling you im so shocked and disgusted at myself , its really no wonder i have such a lot of weight to lose.weigh in day tomorrow and im looking forward to it in one way but now if the loss is high im going to be in a blind panic , maybe ill go have nice wee binge so it doesnt come off
Old 03-07-2002, 08:01 AM   #20  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

I am trying to adjust to the fact that I am only losing very slowly but at least I am keeping at it, I would love to lose more too, I think the main thing is not to compare yourself with others but just keep at it and as long as you get up every time you fall down you will eventually get there....I keep telling myself this but I know you will need to remind me of this in the coming weeks.
I am having my next swimsuit photo taken tonight, I hope I can see an improvement from the last one!!
Old 03-07-2002, 08:30 AM   #21  
Theres no stopping me now

Kim don’t panic I am no expert. I only repeated what I have read in several other places. Doesn’t mean to say that it’s true though.

Carol
Old 03-07-2002, 08:52 AM   #22  

too late panic has set in ..well and truly it was ven kind enough to bring along a packet of spicy mcoys mmmmmmmmmmm
Closed Thread