UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:42 PM   #16  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Think I need to move I live in small town America..And we like to drink alot. I have to have a beer or two every night or I just don't relax. I switched to light beer. When I make drinks, I have vodka and diet coke now. I used to be big on whiskey but I just couldn't take it anymore.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:01 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I hate it, I've reduced my drinking to one night a week, but I'm following a low carb plan and now if I have 3 glasses of wine I'm absolutely locked!!! Good on the finances and weightloss but detrimental to my social life!!!
saoirse79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:26 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 225/207/140

Height: 5'5

One of my friends just called and asked if I wanted to go to the bar. I really do. I said no, though. I have an early appointment tomorrow. sigh I used to drink gin and tonic but I switched it to rum and diet coke because I didn't realize there were calories in tonic. My old roommates were a couple Russian girls and one of them told me to drink vodka to lose weight. If only that really worked. They were all very skinny though, and ate and drank a ton.
ohmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:46 AM   #19  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

as a student not drinking is hard, any socalizing friends want to do involves drink. And although i can be conteroled and have healthier options like rum and diet coke or just rum and ice (for a stronger effect) i know it will mess up my diet, it walways does, its all the food ou eat aftereards, and the enxt day to soak up te alcohole effects.
i have a big night out end of term glam rock dress up, go out get blotto type of night on the 3rdjune, dunno how i can get out of it :-(
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:32 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethetoys View Post
i have a big night out end of term glam rock dress up, go out get blotto type of night on the 3rdjune, dunno how i can get out of it :-(
Don't get out of it!!!! Are you mad? Everyone deserves a night out at the end of term!! Enjoy yourself, you've worked hard! Just try to avoid the chipper like the plague, and plan and prepare a delicious hangover recovery dinner for yourself the next day. A nice baked potato with low fat cheese and onions, yum!
saoirse79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:10 AM   #21  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

i used to drink loads. then i went to uni and drank even more, i put on over a stone in freshers week. apparaently i drank a 26 bottle crate of newcastle brown ale in one 15hr session. i only drank guinness or ale and it was not unheard of to spend 100 ona night out on cocktails and beers plus the odd kebab, my biggest alcohol problem was that when i get drunk, i always feel hungry, no matter how much or how often i eat i always get really really bad hunger pains and need to munch. so i put on lots of weight quickly.

anyway i went on the atkins diet end of last summer and gave up the booze. i had 1 pint of ale and curry at my mates stag do in september and that was my last drink i've been dry since sept 16th and i'm down well look at the ticker. the first month is hard but after that its easy i don't really miss it at all now occasionally i wish i could have one but i just make sure i drive everywhere.
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:14 AM   #22  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

why do people associate drinkign with a social life. surely its being with your friends and the banter taht happens is the social side. i just have water now and i have just as good a social life if not better than before
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:51 AM   #23  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

100% agree with Si

The big thing i have noticed is that all of you are attributing boozing to weight gain without thinking about the rest of the effects it has on you!!!

Ive never been a huge drinker, maybe once every 3 months or so i go out and actually have a drink, i used to have a glass of red wine once a week for the health benefits but i have cut that out entirely.

The damage to your liver, heart, blood pressure, skin, the acceleration of the aging process and to be honest the horrid drunken sights you get are enouogh to put anyone off surely?

i often go out as im a student, but i just drive. it doesnt bother me and im the same person before 4 G&Ts as i am after. I still have the same amount of fun as i do when i drink so why not save the cash and the taxi fare...?

not to mention your health, your weight and your dignity!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:52 AM   #24  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

and on another note, alcohol kills more people every year than every ILLEGAL drug combined.

now which do you think should be legal?
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:15 PM   #25  
I Use To Eat All The Pies

S/C/G: 196/Ticker/131

Height: 5" 6

I have had to cut out alcohol completely..its my downfall..I was a binge drinker to and wow could I sink them! It was getting to the point that I had to drink more and more to get drunk. We lost a family member due to alcohol and it scared the living **** out of me..I know this is an extreme case but when she died I questioned myself a lot and I really do believe over time I could have taken the same route as her... I am an all or nothing girl..so its no more wine for me!
GlitteringPink is offline   Reply With Quote