UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 06:03 PM   #46  
:(

S/C/G: 13st 2lbs/12st 7lbs/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally posted by Smiling Sal

I too think Geri Haliwell has over done it on the weight loss - if you are reading Geri - cos we know you like it here - go eat a couple of pies. Shoulder stands Chi Chi - at times I struggle to stand on my feet - now I'm worried . I am looking for a challenge & a different work out sounds like I may have found it.
Carol
Shoulder stands arent as painful as they sound! Its when you lie on you back, stick your legs up in the air, then push you bum and lower back up in the air as well and you are just leaning on you upper back and shoulders and holding you self up with your arms! Your supposed to have you legs sticking straight up in the air, I always tend to fall backwards so I have my feet on the floor and my knees by my head! Can you understand why I ache after this?! Lol!

The yoga teacher makes me laugh, she tried to create an atmosphere by lighting insence sticks but one woman ended up having a coughing fit so she moved the insece stick over the other sie of the room...right behin me! Cheers!
Old 02-25-2002, 03:22 AM   #47  
Theres no stopping me now

Couldn’t get out of bed this morning , then when I get to work, can’t create the reports I need done by 10 as the main system in Glasgow is down . Plus it’s raining.

Typical Monday morning

Carol
Old 02-25-2002, 03:34 AM   #48  
Phat Chick

Nothng to say, just had to use the new smiley!
Old 02-25-2002, 04:00 AM   #49  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Maybe its me still in a 'delicate' frame of mind - but I am with Carol here - the posts on this thread over the 24 hours or so make absolutely no sense.... come on girls.... share.... did we have a weirdo doing awful posts who got banned??? Who did you need to ignore? Has someone been through this thread editing out some nasty posts??

I hope its not my old stalker from a diet website I used to visit!!! At least they seem to have done something about him/her here, which is more than can be said for the other site.

I am over Saturday (I think). I was really shocked by the amount of 'damage' I had done when I got on the scales yesterday morning - it showed an increase of 3lbs, but that has gone today. I think I am going to give up alcohol altogether - I noticed that my fingers were puffy and Kevin, being the wonderful person he is (!) told me I was puffy all over. I still can't get my rings off so I can only assume that I am still retaining fluid... if it wasn't the booze then it must have been the fat in the fish & chips.

The second day of training is next Saturday and then it is every evening for the week after that - and I have GOT to devise some sort of a strategy for dealing with it. I really felt bad about myself all day yesterday, which didn't help me deal with the problems of Saturday (if you see what I mean). Apart from actually losing the weight, the secondary purpose of this diet is to try and teach myself not to use food as a comfort when times get rough.

The strange bit was that I didn't particularly enjoy the FOOD I was eating - it could have been anything - it was the actual act of EATING that I felt I needed to do.

Sorry to ramble on - but it sort of helps to write it down.
Old 02-25-2002, 05:13 AM   #50  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Sarah

BPF will tell you about the ignore thing
Old 02-25-2002, 06:40 AM   #51  

My day is getting slightly better. Reports are ran, tea is drunk, rain is off – for the moment. And a woman I used to walk with every day wants to come out with me at lunchtime today. Just hope the rain stays off. I’m wearing a knee length light grey skirt, which will show every raindrop.

Big problem though I have the munches and still 30 minutes until lunchtime – if I drink much more water I’ll make sloshing noises as I walk.

Off to try & fix a few other things

Carol
Old 02-25-2002, 07:01 AM   #52  

Curiosity is killing this Cat, can someone – anyone – please tell me what happened at the weekend before I go off my rocker thinking it is something I have done, which has upset people.

PLEASE

Carol
Old 02-25-2002, 07:07 AM   #53  
Consistency + Balance

Carol, aren't you a bit cold on the top half. Were you in a bit of a rush this morning????

I'm getting stir crazy - I am having to wait in for an Avon delivery so I can't take George out for our normal walk and I'm going NUTS! I really need some fresh (!) air.

My anniversary on Wednesday and the Avon dodgy undies thing is scheduled to arrive today in the delivery I am waiting in for - I am quiety confident that I won't fit in to it... I think I will hang on to it though - perhaps it will fit me on my birthday in June.

Dreams.....

I love the new smilies - especially this sheep :sheep:

PLEASE someone let me and Carol know what has been going on - it must have been awful cos its VERY quiet round here today!

Last edited by Sarah Ann; 02-25-2002 at 07:10 AM.
Old 02-25-2002, 07:20 AM   #54  

Im on my lunch break will speak later but about yesterday...

Someone posted a pro anorexia message and posted it quite a few times all over the place its been removed now. Thats why the ignore and spam messages were there.
Old 02-25-2002, 07:25 AM   #55  
Pending Email Confirmation

Veggie is right
Old 02-25-2002, 07:29 AM   #56  

Thankyou Veggie & Jano. Can get on with some work now instead of jumping in here every few minutes.

:sheep:

Love the smiles

See you later
Carol

Last edited by Smiling Sal; 02-25-2002 at 07:31 AM.
Old 02-25-2002, 08:45 AM   #57  

How can anyone be pro-anorexia? Some people are very strange, glad the posts have been removed.

Well I've just been for my lunchtime walk (1 mile) in the pouring rain and blowing a gale. Everyone at work thinks I am mad to go out in this weather but I have got used to a little bit of exercise at lunchtime.

It sounds like you had a very stressful day on Saturday Sarah, I think its perfectly understandable that you had to comfort yourself a little. I had a spell of comfort eating this weekend myself as I fell on the stairs and have landed myself with a black eye. I decided that a bar of Fruit and Nut and half a pizza was just the comfort I needed. What I really wanted was my bf but he was 260 miles away

I love the new smilies too :sheep:
Old 02-25-2002, 08:51 AM   #58  

Phoebe you are not alone in being thought mad. I went out in the wind & rain at lunchtime as well for my stride around the Business Park. I changed my lunch hour to fit in with my walking buddy then she nearly cried off when she saw the weather. She came though and now feels better for it, although we are both definitely wind swept & mysterious.

Hope the eye isn’t too sore

Carol
Old 02-25-2002, 09:10 AM   #59  
:(

S/C/G: 13st 2lbs/12st 7lbs/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'2

I had a VERY bad Monday morning!

I was gonna walk to college, walk back, go to the gym, then go to work, but when I was eating breakfast my neck clicked and I have been in a lot of pain all morning! I could hardly move at first, its getting a bit better now though, but I havent been to college or the gym and Im not going to work either! I usually go to the gym on Mondays and Tuesdays cos those are the days I have the most time, looks like I wont be this week!

Im weighing myself tommorow and Ive been good all week, I went to te gym 3 times and the only slip Ive had 1 ONE packet of crisps which isnt bad for a whole week! So hopefully I'll still have a loss tommorow in spite of today! Lol!
Old 02-25-2002, 09:23 AM   #60  
Consistency + Balance

So Carol - did you find anything to put on the top half? (This will make no sense at all unless you read your post earlier this morning!!!!)

I have been for my walk as well - and its so bad we couldn't go off of roads so we haven't had much of a walk. I have never seen so much rain - and its coming down sideways!!!!

I can't understand how anyone can be pro-anorexia either. I can understand how someone can develop anorexia or bulimia and I feel deeply sorry for them but to be PRO-anorexia seems more than a little weird!

Kevin has left a message while I was out - this morning I mentioned to him that its adult evening at a swimming pool about 12 miles away on Mondays and he has spread the word at work - now there is a group of about 8 (possibly 10) of us going and I am the ONLY one who needs to lose weight. I love him dearly - but I cannot figure out why he does this sort of thing to me!!!!!!!! Men!!!
Closed Thread