UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 12:08 PM   #16  
Phat Chick

Is it really possible to be anti-shopping
Old 02-23-2002, 12:10 PM   #17  

YES even though I have been doing a lot of it lately!!
Old 02-23-2002, 12:15 PM   #18  
Phat Chick

So really you're a closet retail therapist

Old 02-23-2002, 12:16 PM   #19  

OMG Im in the closet!
Old 02-23-2002, 12:24 PM   #20  
Pending Email Confirmation

Yes Veggie, I visited the one in Worcester and it was heaving - you could just go in, ask and go out again or if you don't mind paying the pp do it on line easy peasy!!!!
Old 02-26-2002, 05:44 PM   #21  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

DH went shopping in M&S yesterday and brought the most delish things from the count on us range.
Pot au chocolat.....about 150 cals absolutely wonderful and it comes in alovely terracotta glazed pot!!

Chocolate muffin dessert.........again about 150 cals, absolute heaven!!

Shape fruit juice mousse available in strawberry orange and lemon, 116 calories and wonderful.

I will go to bed and dream of them now mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:41 PM   #22  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Wink

WW Chocolat fudge cake dessert. Four points and worth every one of them, especially yummy with a nice cuppa.
I tried the choc el=clairs dessert yesterday, not like our proper eclairs from the baker's of course.oh how I miss the baker's! Full of custardy looking stuff here, but actually wasn't too keen on it as a dessert, I'll keep to the chocolate fudge cake
TQ, those desserts from M&S sound right scrummy. I wonder if there's a M&S web page....I'll go and have a look now...maybe they'll send me some over here? LOL!
Old 02-27-2002, 02:56 AM   #23  
diva of the diet

They do have web site
www.marksandspencer.com
not sure if their groceries are featured though
take a look.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:17 AM   #24  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

This is off topic but I would like to recommend the new face cream from Avon called Beautiful Morning - yes, I'm an Avon lady but you can't buy it from me so this is only a recommendation as a user of the product.

I know its bad for an Avon lady to say this but I don't wear foundation, powder or blusher (cos it feels funny on my skin) and because I usually use a face cream with a fairly high SPF in it I don't catch the sun so I usually look a bit pale.

This Beautiful Morning cream has got something in it that gives you a 'healthy glow' or so the blurb in the advert says. It is not a make up item, its a moisturising cream. This is my seventh day of using it and I look a bit like I have got a very light tan. Nice! And its hypoallergenic too!!!
Old 03-01-2002, 08:20 AM   #25  

Wink

Should I report this post?? Crazee avon lady trying to sell us her stuff??
Old 03-01-2002, 09:19 AM   #26  

Veggie, you are so funny I might have to try that cream Sarah, I never catch the sun ever, my ex used to say I looked like a corpse (charming)!
Old 03-01-2002, 09:25 AM   #27  
Consistency + Balance

I think saying you look like a corpse is a good enough reason for him to be an 'ex'!!!!! Bloomin' cheek - some blokes open their mouths before they put their minds in to gear!
Old 03-01-2002, 11:06 AM   #28  
diva of the diet

Sounds good sarah, I have an Avon lady but she doesn't call that often.
I use something similar from Body Shop called a glow enhancer (it comes in a tinted formula too) it is a lovely moisturiser. I ought to wear it more often I look really grubby in winter!!(I getv washed daily honest )
Old 03-01-2002, 02:11 PM   #29  
Consistency + Balance

If you get the opportunity do try some. It doesn't come off - its more like a very pale instant tan!

I have just 'done my rounds' to all my Avon customers dishing out their current orders - and a lot of people have asked if I have been on holiday - I think its a combination of losing a bit of weight and this very light tan - well, they can't buy the weight loss, but quite a few are going to giving this stuff a try.

Out of interest do any of you people assuming that it is harder for them to lose weight than it is for you to lose it???? I have had at least a dozen people today tell me that it would be 'impossible' for them to lose as much weight as I have and that I don't have the worries/illnesses/faddy husbands or kids/appetite that they do.... they ask about what I eat and when I tell them they each and every single last one of them tells me that they have a mystery medical condition ('glands' is favourite) that prevents them from losing weight.... big coincidence...!

Sorry to vent.... I have had the same conversation time after time today and my patience has worn a bit thin!
Old 03-01-2002, 03:32 PM   #30  

sarah do avon do online?
Closed Thread