UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 02:50 PM   #76  

oh sisterly love you cant beat it........well no to hard or shell tell mummy veggie i love the new shirt what size does it go up to and where is it from!!!! i deserve a new something
Old 02-22-2002, 03:16 AM   #77  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Veggie - don't use the lift, use the stairs instead - good exercise (I don't like lifts either)!!!!!!!!!! What sort of course are you starting? Anything interesting??? Why is your sister starting a job she doesn't want??

At least those chair/desk combos aren't as close fitting as the table/chair combos in most fast food places - a few years ago I got wedged in one of those in a McDonalds on the (I think) M1 services - and I wasn't even at my heaviest weight. It took Kevin and another two people to get me out of it. Obviously they don't allow for the effect of their product on the human body when they are designing their seating.

Chris - your dogs must be older than mine. George is 11 months old and thinks the ONLY reason I might want to do an exercise video is because I want to find a new strange way to make a fuss of him. When he was younger I did attempt a yoga video in front of him but every time I lifted my hands in the air I got this bundle of fur leap up and hit me right in the middle of my (non existent) midriff and when I locked him out he just cried and cried - which was another reason I stopped doing the video.

Well... we've done all our homework and we are off to our foster carer training tomorrow and I can't tell you how nervous I am/we are - I am really fighting hard against comfort eating!!!! Thank goodness for the Rescue Remedy. I have got in touch with a email UK foster carers 'group' on Yahoo! in the hope of getting a bit of reassurance and, perhaps, inspiration - but I really dipped out doing this because they don't really seem to have a good word to say for it. I refuse to believe it can be all doom and gloom, but one thing's for sure now - after reading all their tales of woe, I am definitely NEVER going to foster teenagers - either male OR female!

I'm not looking forward to weigh in on Monday - I have noticed that if I am going to lose any weight I usually do it between Monday and Friday - but this week my weight seems to be going up and down like a yoyo from one day to the next. I suppose I shouldn't take any notice of it until weigh in day on Monday, but this hasn't happened to me before - I'm on HRT so my hormones are stable, so I really haven't got a clue why.
Old 02-22-2002, 08:28 AM   #78  

Flumper its from evans goes up to size 30 is £25 and has matching trousers and skirt!!

Sarah you may have heard the tale of the job my sister got last year and is still waiting to start...well that is still going on...so she went for another job and starts monday just not as good a job as the one she is supposed to be doing!

I had a trauma this morning went to the doctors felt ok before totally miserable afterwards! When I went in there was a woman talking to the receptionist obviously a bit of a pain kept going on and on...whilst a queue formed behind her...she then started shouting at a bloke in the queue for him daring to say people were waiting and then just went mad shouting and swearing bursting in on the doctor whilst he was seeing someone...the receptionist made everyone waiting go into a room and locked the door on us whilst the mad woman just carried on until the police came and then she pretended it was the bloke in the queues fault!
Old 02-22-2002, 08:44 AM   #79  
Pending Email Confirmation

All go where you are then veggie! I though I was having an exciting day because we missed the school bus and I had to get the car out!
I'm in a bad mood, and have just eaten two wagon wheels.
Was at the gym this morning having a shower (nightmare...communal showers, but I have to use them or I'd never get clean) and I had to listen to two x-ray bleached blonded talking about what they were going to wear out this evening, and then launch into a ***** about how fat/old some of their 'friends' were and how that was OK 'cos it made you look better if you stood next to them.
I WISH WISH WISH I'd had the confidence to tell the evil old slappers where to get off, but I didn't and now I'm suffering for it.
I hope they trip over their sling backs and fall into the gutter...no actually I hope THEY get pregnant and put on 4 stones.
AARGGGGGGHHHH!!!
Old 02-22-2002, 08:44 AM   #80  
Consistency + Balance

Your poor sister! Its outrageous that her checks are taking that long. Has she tried chasing it up again recently??? Kevin had to have the same check done when he started this job - they charge him £10 and it took 24 hours.

That poor woman - it must have been an awful experience for you and everyone else waiting to see the doctor (and how about the poor person in with the doctor??) - but you can't help but think to yourself that the woman obviously needs more medical/psychiatric help than she is getting.

This wind is strong today - I've just come back from my walk and there were a couple of times I am sure I left the ground and I know for sure that George did. I tried to double up my usual walk because I don't think I'm going to get one tomorrow, but didn't really manage it because my legs started to go all wobbly.
Old 02-22-2002, 08:48 AM   #81  

The woman kept shouting that she'd just got out of prison and they were trying to put her back in I felt a bit foolish as I was very close to tears and no one else was but then I am there about anxiety!!!!
Old 02-22-2002, 08:50 AM   #82  

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THE POOR BEAR????
Old 02-22-2002, 08:57 AM   #83  
Consistency + Balance

HE'S BEING CUDDLED!!!!

Veggie - you and I must be the same then, because I get upset for other people when they are distressed like that.

As for you, Geneve, WOW - I wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of you..... falling over their sling backs, pregnant AND 4 stone - ooohhhhhhh - nasty!!!

The one plus is that they are stuck with their personalities - but you are doing something about your weight (but just stay off the wagonwheels!!!).

I know what you both mean though - I eat when I am upset as well... which is why I have got a huge attack of the munchies today. So far I have kept it to just fruit - but I have eaten seven apples so far.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:08 AM   #84  

Good job theres a park next to the docs so I can wander round after appointment pull myself together!

Looks cruel Garfield being cruel I think.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:18 AM   #85  
Consistency + Balance

He's NOT being cruel - the picture is called 'Loving' I put a larger version on the Off Topic thread - but here's another one.

Surely your trips to the doctor are supposed to help you feel less anxious. OK - I can understand that this morning's visit might have made you feel anxious (I think it would have had that effect on anyone) but if you are being made to feel more anxious by visiting the doctor than you did before, then perhaps you need to mention it and perhaps he can come up with an alternative - maybe going to see him/her when the surgery is less busy - first/last appointment or Saturday mornings are usually the best for that. I know that years and years ago when I was depressed and had a sort of 'thing' about being in rooms with lots of people I used to report to my doctor's reception and then go out and wait in the car park - he used to let me come in and out of the french windows in his surgery. I think both he and I knew I was better when I was able to sit in the waiting room.

I still don't particularly like it though - I always feel you come out with more than you went in with ever since I got chicken pox once after going to the doctor's for a repeat prescription of the pill.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:25 AM   #86  

Im fine in the surgery it was just the mad woman upset me today and any time I have to say out loud a particular problem Ive got that makes me upset so I try not to mention it thats a bit stupid I know as thats why Im there in the first place DOH!
Old 02-22-2002, 09:33 AM   #87  
Consistency + Balance

Maybe you need to see another doctor. Is there another one in your surgery? Perhaps if you are seeing a man doctor then you might be better with a woman or the other way around.

Its a shame that it is still upsetting you so much though because like you said you are there to discuss your problems and if you feel that you can't talk about it easily then its going to be a long slow journey to feeling better.

Maybe its because you are having quite long gaps between your doctor's visits - couldn't you ask to be referred to a counsellor to see in between doctor's appointments?
Old 02-22-2002, 09:36 AM   #88  

Quote:
[Maybe its because you are having quite long gaps between your doctor's visits - couldn't you ask to be referred to a counsellor to see in between doctor's appointments? [/B]
I have been and soon I will be!!!!
Old 02-22-2002, 12:31 PM   #89  

Feeling much better today although I was up all night with a terrible tummy.

I'm trying to read all this mail (you have been busy today) whilst Sprog #1 is trying to pull her front tooth out - she's driving me mad with it, it's hanging by a thread and keeps having half hearted attemps at pulling it out, then screams and then asks me to have a go and as I'm getting hold of the damn thing she screams and runs away!!!! KIDS - aaarrrggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Geneve - falling over their sling backs and falling pregnant and gaining 4 stones, that has put a smile on my face - thank you

It's funny but you saying you eat when your upset (Geneve and Sarah) but I don't. I've realised I eat when I'm bored that's why I've took up the dancing and started getting out in the day more too. Even if it's just up to the shops - anything to get me out of the house.

Veggie, I hope you're feeling better soon, you never know this course might be just what you needed, a change of scenery, meeting new people.... What happened in the surgery sounded terrible - did you say you were locked in a room???? That's definitely wierd.

BritNJ, well done on getting back into the Taebo (don't know if I've spelt that right) I've never liked exercise until recently when I discovered what I liked. It's all about finding something you enjoy isn't it? MY CARDIO BOUNCE VIDEO HAS STILL NOT ARRIVED

Sarah - love Garfield and Pooky.
Old 02-22-2002, 12:36 PM   #90  

Duh whos Pooky?

When I say locked it was open one side just locked the other so the woman couldn't get in!
Closed Thread