UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #1  

Wink hello there!

hi everyone!

i'm starting a diet on saturday so i'm looking for things on the internet to keep me going...

i'm 28 and a teacher, which can be very stressful. last year i was in a terrible school and basically was depressed/stressed/signed off work, which led to mass overeating of rubbish!

i've never been thin as such but generally i weigh between 10 and 11 stone (i'm 5 foot 4) and i currently weigh almost 14 stone so its really time i got started on my makeover!

i have bought a joanna hall book which i may not follow to the letter but i will certainly adhere to the no carbs after 5 rule, it sounds easy enough! has anyone had great success with joanna hall? i may calorie count also to be on the safe side. i am a yoyo dieter and have tried rosemary conley and judith wills too...

exercise wise, i am a great fan of exercise dvds but i also like walking (when the weather is better!). i had a new years resolution to start jogging but it hasnt come about! i love watching athletics and would love to be able to actually run a race at some point!

i am vegetarian and although not specifically interested in organic things, i think they are better (expecially beauty and household products) and i like homemade cooking and that sort of thing so i'm going to need some veggie recipes...

i have cellulite (ok so who doesn't) and want to get rid of it at the same time. i have some creams to use but wondered if anyone knew of anything else that might work? i have got a body brush too which i will use in the morning before showering. i read somewhere that drinking green tea is great for it... any views on that?

anyway, thanks for reading!
rainbowsparkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #2  

Default Welcome... Hello There

Welcome aboard...
After reading your posting... I felt like I was hearing myself. I recently left working in a school... great place, kids were fantastic, families were familes, but I truly enjoyed their being. I had to leave due to personal reasons.

After leaving I mourned the kids, the "what's happening" with all of them. I have put on weight in my middle area... I attempt to work out and loose the motivation to other things which need to get done.

But, as young as you are, and free in your mind... my best advise is not to dwell on a thought "new years resolution". You tend to feel badly because you broke it.

Things that worked for me...
using a calendar in the kitchen - marking Mon., Wed, & thurs. as workout days...
Lots of motivational music...
Once you get in a habit your mind breaks that course it has been on for so long... you begin to correct bad habits all by yourself w/o "changing a thing". You see a difference, so you curb your appetite alone. You feel better mentally so you continue to workout.

Before you know it your life cycle is giving back!!!
Good Luck and welcome aboard!
Alioh is offline   Reply With Quote