UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:24 PM   #1  
Fighting to be free

Default Hello I'm new, on Xenical, I have a lot to lose

Hi everyone

I've changed my life forever. No more the person that sits around moaning about my weight, for the last week I have been eating a low fat diet, exercising on my treadmill and reading up, I weight 23 stone 5 lbs, I lost 3 lbs in my first week, I havent had any bad side effects just a little wind!!! I have a blog, its herweightlossjourney at blogspot dot com

I'm so pleased to find people that are also losing weight, I've found a few to do with Xenical but it would be great to find people to chat to as I take this forward. My first goal is to get under 23 stone so I need to lose another 6 lbs. Then after that, I will think of my next goal. If I think of all the stones I have to lose then I will fail so I'm not going to do it at all.
lillypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:30 AM   #2  

Hi i just wanted to say good luck with your weightloss. Like you i have a lot to loose - around 10 stone.I have tried xenical before but it didnt agree with me. Now i am seriously thinking of starting the cambridge diet to give me a kick start. Anyway goodluck with your weight loss and if you want to chat send me a pm

Emma xx
emma237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #3  

Hi Lillypop. Well done on your loss, that's fab! I have been prescribed Xen. three times now, most I ever lost on it was about 14lbs. That was in Feb 06 then in the April of that year I lost 3.5st the most ever lost on a diet called Lighterlife. I am now back to my heaviest weight ever 20st 8lbs.

I was given Xen. again just before xmas and came off it because I was having a consultation for WLS. Still have some left over and I am going to give them my best shot before making a final decision on surgery.
Sparklegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Sparklegal

I have lost nearly 50lb on Xenical in 7 months (plus another 23 before I took the Xenical). I have simply stuck to the low fat diet, have had only minor side-effects and feel great.

I too have lost and gain large amounts of weight in the past but never got as far as I have now. If you want any help just let me know.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:32 AM   #5  
Fighting to be free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklegal View Post
Hi Lillypop. Well done on your loss, that's fab! I have been prescribed Xen. three times now, most I ever lost on it was about 14lbs. That was in Feb 06 then in the April of that year I lost 3.5st the most ever lost on a diet called Lighterlife. I am now back to my heaviest weight ever 20st 8lbs.

I was given Xen. again just before xmas and came off it because I was having a consultation for WLS. Still have some left over and I am going to give them my best shot before making a final decision on surgery.

Hi Sparkle! What did you think of lighterlife? This is something that I have been considering, my friend is on it and has lost 6 stone and loves it but I wonder what happens when you go back on foods? I mean, you cant live on lighterlife forever???? Then I thought, because I am 23 stone, what if I lose the bulk of my weight on lighter life and then carried on with a healthy diet. But knowing me, if I didnt eat for months, I would just crazy and put it all back on and more!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 05:33 AM   #6  
Fighting to be free

Quote:
Originally Posted by KforKitty View Post
Sparklegal

I have lost nearly 50lb on Xenical in 7 months (plus another 23 before I took the Xenical). I have simply stuck to the low fat diet, have had only minor side-effects and feel great.

I too have lost and gain large amounts of weight in the past but never got as far as I have now. If you want any help just let me know.

Kitty
Hi Kitty you have done so well, I've been off Xen for 2 weeks now and my weight is at a stand still, I am reconsidering going back on it and trying again. But I just dont know
Old 03-01-2008, 08:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I would advise only going on the Xenical if you think a low fat diet is something you can sustain for the rest of your life. Otherwise its like the Lighterlife, what happens when you come off it. BTW my SIL lost 3.5 stone in 3 months on Ligherlife but in only two weeks over Christmas she'd already put 10lb back on.

If you do try again with it be very careful with your fat grams, and the percentage of calories from fat. I write it all down in a little journal which keeps me accountable and stops any 'diet amnesia'

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #8  

LL is great if you have never used it before in my opinion. After a couple days I did not feel hungry at all. As I didn't 'refeed' properly i.e. re-introducing foods in a certain order, I just went straight back into old habits and piled it all back on. I was fine til I changed my contraception to Implanon implant and got bad side effects one of which was awful hunger.

Some people can restart as many times as they need to but I can't, I had one shot at it and that's it. It works by keeping your carbs below about 40-50g a day, this induces ketosis which stops hunger. You have to drink at least 6 pints a day and LL recommends 8 pints.

You get counselling with LL which is why it's so expensive. Never done anything for me though and our counsellor was useless generally. Cambridge diet is cheaper, more flavours.
Sparklegal is offline   Reply With Quote