UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2002, 02:50 AM   #1  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Default Hello from One Fat Chick in England # 7

Don't the weeks go fast - I can't believe that its Friday again! For those that remember, Kevin and I are finally over our financial crisis (for those that don't.... he changed jobs and we had to manage for 5 weeks on 2 weeks money!!) So hopefully I will be able to go and buy myself something new to go on the bottom half this weekend. Yesterday I had the interesting experience of sneezing and loosing my jogging bottoms..... I bought them when I was 16st 3lbs and I am now 2 and a half stones lighter so I suppose it was only to be expected.

Apart from that it is going to be a very quiet weekend... visiting friends, re-stocking the cupboards and freezer with sensible foods and taking the dog for some nice holding hands type walks (me and Kevin - not me and the dog)!!!!

Anyone else got anything planned??

Oh - by the way - it looks like the line dancing (yuck) is back on and planned for this coming Monday.... Did I mention that my internet diet buddy actually turned up on my doorstep the other day completely unexpectedly??????
Old 02-08-2002, 05:15 AM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hoe she is not reading this
Old 02-08-2002, 06:02 AM   #3  
Consistency + Balance

Don't worry, Jano, she won't be - she runs her own website for people who have got massively huge weight problems, but who don't seem to be able to do anything about it. I have visited there and it is really strange - all about the MOST personal stuff you can imagine... personal hygiene, etc - not like here at all.

I mentioned a while ago that I was being pressurised in to meeting up to a) go for a meal and b) go line dancing with her and her husband and that neither DH or I thought it was a particularly brilliant idea, but anyway - it looks like we are being forced in to the line dancing.... next Monday.... sob! It clashes with the adults only evening at the local swimming pool as well....

Just a thought though, even if she did read this, perhaps it might teach her not to just drop in on people totally unannounced, especially considering the fact that we have never met. I still think it would have been purely good manners to at least have phoned or emailed first! Surely I am right about that...?
Old 02-08-2002, 06:33 AM   #4  

Mornin' all

Straight after the school run this morning I nipped to Fosse Park - it's an out of town retail park - got a great mother & child parking space right outside Boots feeling motivated to shop and thinking I'm being really clever getting there for 9am only to find it doesn't open until 9.30. I'd forgotten the buggy so sprog #2 had to be literally dragged into the food centre and I had a huge baguette filled with chicken, bacon, lettuce and mayo!!! I have absolutely no idea as to how many calories it had but I reckon about 600 Well I had to kill half an hour somehow!! Sprog #2 then threw a tantrum in Evans because she wanted to go on the escalator AGAIN we'd already done it twice for heaven's sake BUT the great thing is I tried on some size 26 jeans and they were to big and the size 24 were loose too YIPPEE - a year ago I was a 28 so I'm really pleased Anyway I'm back now and think I had better skip lunch

Sarah did your "new friend" know you were a little surprised by her visit? Is there any chance she may just turn up again? Give the line dancing a go - you never know, you might like it. Although I must say it's not my cup of tea.

Sarah since you asked .... This w/end we're going to visit a nursery which sprog #2 may join in September (can't wait) and then were off into town to my borther's salon where all 4 of us are getting our hair cut! I think we may be there all w/end as sprog #2 will not sit still and my borther's not known for his patience - I'm sure it will all end in tears, probably his

Saturday MIL/FIL are babysitting and dh is making me go and see Lord of the Rings AGAIN!!!!

I'm not surprised your jogging bottoms fell down Sarah - they must have been huge!!

See you later.
Old 02-08-2002, 07:26 AM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Sarah

Why on earth did you give her your address???? I did line dancing, nagged DH into going with me. Turned out, I hated it and he loved it!!

What's this site she is on then? I wouldn't mind taking a look.

Maybe you could post something on her site along the lines of how you hate it when people turn up unannounced as you don't feel that they then get the welcome they deserve....???? Maybe she will get the message
Old 02-08-2002, 07:47 AM   #6  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Well done on the jeans Delaney, must be a great feeling!!

Sarah I bet you didn't know what to say!!

This wekend I am off to see Chicago with a friend. We go every year instead of buying each other birthday presents. Then we are off to a Morrocan restaurant, I have never eaten morrocan food before, anyone have any ideas what will be on the menu??

On Sunday I am going to go clothes shopping (I think!!) I have to build myself up to these things, time to get myself out of these slobby clothes!!
Old 02-08-2002, 07:55 AM   #7  

Some people think just turning up without warning is ok...thats bad enough but someone you met on the net...

vote will
Old 02-08-2002, 08:13 AM   #8  
Consistency + Balance

Who are these strange men?????? I didn't know who the wobbly head one was, and I have never seen this one either... ??

Jano - I haven't got a clue why I gave her the address... I think it was when my computer went a bit wonky and she was going through a bad patch so she needed to keep in touch.... something like that.

I will try and see if I can get her website thingy address again. Its an EZboard message site and she only usually gives the address out to people she meets on the internet who are 20+ stones - its not so much about dieting as about the physical problems with being large. Not particularly pleasant reading. I only went there once. I actually do feel sorry for her which is why I stay in touch with her - its just my misfortune that I have moved house and now only live 10 mins drive up the motorway from her. I never thought she would just arrive on my doorstep one day.

Well done on the jeans, Delaney!!!! That is so excellent!!!!!! Not so well done on the baguette.............. !

TQ - the only Morrocan (sp?) food I have ever had has been homemade by me following a recipe. It is all a bit sweet and fruity - not usually very spicy hot. I love it. I make a nice lamb and apricot tagine which we have with cous cous. I also do a vegetable one. I haven't got a clue what the calories would be like though - I make all mine low fat nowadays.
Old 02-08-2002, 08:31 AM   #9  
Theres no stopping me now

Sarah I’m still laughing about your trousers. I look forward to the days when these things will happen to me, although hopefully not in public.

Delaney well done on the jeans. Baguettes happen to all of us. Don’t skip lunch, will mess up your metabolism. Have something very light later on, fruit & a yogurt or something. I’m not brave enough (or rich enough) to go clothes shopping yet, I want to see a big drop like yours when I go.

This weekend we are not up to very much. Ray fancies going to see Lord Of the Rings, we haven’t been yet, too be honest I’m not to keen. But as a true man Ray hasn’t even organised the babysitter yet & he announced last night that he needs brakes for his car, so my night out may have gone out of the window. I’m hoping to go for a walk tomorrow, the boys enjoy exploring, but if they are all busy doing ‘male’ things then I’ll just go myself. Besides that I have no plans, not even the washing as for once in my life I am up to date with that.

Best get back to work, Fridays are slow days in here.

Carol

Last edited by Smiling Sal; 02-08-2002 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-08-2002, 08:49 AM   #10  

[QUOTE. Baguettes happen to all of us.[/QUOTE]

Why does that make me laugh so much?? I think it should replace the phrase sh!t happens!

Sarah there is only one strange man in pics round here and his initials are RW

Gawd they were even talking about pop idol on newsnight and you dont know who he is????

I dont think you should give out the address Sarah if its 20 st+ only except to me as I have been there If it has a site meter will trace back to here anyway.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:03 AM   #11  
Theres no stopping me now

Need to do this in the face of fair competition

Vote Gareth

Steve (my 4 year old) has voted for Gareth since the beginning - cheap entertainment for the boys on a Saturday night. Sean always voted for Zoe, the week she went home I thought there was going to be a murder in my house.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:15 AM   #12  

Eh, I have to confess I have never watched Pop Idol although I do know who the two guys are (who couldn't, given the media coverage).

Hope you don't mind me asking TQ, but whereabouts in London are you based? Also I would love to know what Chicago was like as I am trying to find a good show to take bf too.

I am not doing much this weekend apart from hairdressers tomorrow and a trip to the gym. I am saving myself until next weekend when I take the train up to London to visit bf. Yippee!

I liked that too, baguettes happen to all of us. Unfortunately too often for me. Our staff coffee shop does lovely baguettes which are oh so tempting when I get up too late to make my own lunch.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:20 AM   #13  

Vote Will you know it makes sense...I'd like to apologise to RW he is on Wills side I just read...
Old 02-08-2002, 09:26 AM   #14  
Consistency + Balance

Sorry Veggie - never watched Pop Idol and don't usually watch News Night either....

Can they trace back one website to another like that??? Anyway - its not a problem cos I can't find the address and I doubt she will give it to me now she has seen me and knows exactly what I weigh. In any event, who wants to read about the difficulties someone who weighs 30 odd stone has in wiping their rear end! I think if I had those kind of difficulties I would definitely have my tummy stapled or something.

Sob!! You would have to travel at least 15 mins by car to find the nearest baguette to my house.....

Just ordered RW's video of Live at the Albert Hall from Amazon - if it all goes wrong I will blame Delaney because I got the idea about internet shopping from her. Its for Kevin for Valentine's day. Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2002, 09:31 AM   #15  

Doh! I meant question time not news night!

Nothing will go wrong with amazon Sarah dont you worry Im still confused about my wish list at christmas though someone got me a book off it then I never received it at christmas! Maybe it will turn up for my birthday I know my sister sent her order to london instead of cumbria maybe that was it!
Closed Thread