UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:59 AM   #16  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Paul McKenna always gave me a great nights' sleep! But I don't think I was consistent enough with the book/CD to actually know if it worked or not.

Wouldn't be a bad idea though to dust it off again - I'll dig it out at home and start listening tomorrow and let you know if I feel or see any changes
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:21 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 266/242/168

Height: 5ft7

Good plan Velvet....always good to have fellow dieters (eventho PMK is NOT a diet lol)......Groetjes!
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:01 AM   #18  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

OMG, are you dutch???

I'm following WW pretty much anyway, but I don't see the harm in anything that can contribute to a positive attitude and a smaller number on the scale
Old 02-11-2008, 08:02 AM   #19  

Lol, no I'm German, but I lived in Holland for a while and speak it fluently lol.....
Old 02-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #20  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

how funny! and I'm from the States, live in Holland (speak Dutch fluently) and am studying German!
Old 02-12-2008, 05:07 AM   #21  

Wow, now thats definetely weird......

Anyhow, just a wee heads up about my progress....been to the gym again yesterday, did cardio for nearly an hour...needless to say that I wasn't looking very attractive afterwards lol.....did another hour on the machines when Mr. B arrived and then went home. Made a nice stirfry, but didn't eat as much, wasn't really hungry. Going to the gym tonight, want to register myself for Pilates and Salsacise tonight....1 1/2 hours in total...that should get my heartrate up and running lol....

Still feeling great, have lots of energy....the last couple of times I've listened to the CD tho I think I fell asleep...or I was just relaxing veeerrryyyy deeply lol.....but hey, as long as the weight keeps coming off....
Old 02-12-2008, 05:37 AM   #22  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

I looked for my CD briefly this morning, but couldn't find it. Will check again tonight when I'm at home. Think it would be good to listen to on the train to and from work

Great that you got to the gym and seems like your food was good too! Keep up the good work!!
Old 02-18-2008, 05:53 AM   #23  

On the train? You might miss your station lol.......

Anyhow, been to the gym again saturday after a 2 day break..which was well needed. Yesterday I weight myself and tadaaaaaaa another 2lb down. Well impressed about that. Did'nt expect it, as I had quiet a few cookies throughout the week, but then again, I didn't overeat like I usually would have.....absolutely pleased with that......Been listening to PMK regularly, but lately it seems that I'm falling asleep....or am I just really relaxed? Dunno....but as long as it works......Gym again tonight.........
Old 02-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #24  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls! I'm in the US, but when I saw Paul's name, I just had to read the thread. I rec'd the book and cd last week and I have to say it's really weird, but my hunger is greatly diminshed and I only want to drink water now. I was addicted to drinking artifically sweetened tea, and the first day after listening to the cd, I only wanted to drink water. I don't think there's anything in the cd about water, is there? I haven't "heard" it with my ears anyway. Maybe it's subconscious. I've only lost a pound this week, but I'm very impressed with how my appetite has decreased. I'm not wanting to snack at all! I tend to fall asleep about half way through the cd, but then I wake up at the end. I just think it's great so far. I've listened to the cd about 3 times so far.

Best wishes,
Donna
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:31 AM   #25  

Hey DDC welcome to our very litte thread lol.....I've been drinking loads of water now as well, but have always done that....I'm not sure he says something about water on the cd, but it's in the book. Basically you body doesn't know the difference between hunger and thirst, so if your feeling hungry, it just might be thirst. So drinking a glass of water might quench that 'hunger' feeling. Also being dehydrated lowers your metabolism and has an effect on may different things in your body.

Went to gym again last night, was absolutely knackered afterwards....pheew....going again tonight, there was only one spot left in the xbiking, so I let my other half do it and I just do my normal gym workout....
Old 02-20-2008, 05:41 AM   #26  

Anyone see 'Supersize versus Superskinny' last night?

The method of weight loss the journalist woman tried this week was hypnotism - and she lost 3lb in a week. She's tried the babyfood diet, diet pills, liposuction, other stuff each week and has always concluded it was a waste of time. But she was really sold on the hypnosis and said she'll continue with it!
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:53 AM   #27  

I can't believe I've missed it!!!!!!!!!!!