UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 05:28 AM   #106  

Hi,
I'm new to here... I'm 26, I'll be 27 in two weeks. After a horrid realisation that I've got hardly any clothes that fit me anymore, I've got to do something about my weight. I was on the Montignac method about 2 years ago, and got on really well with it, but had to stop having dairy and wheat because of a problem with my nose and it all went down hill, I did keep the weight off for quite some time, but had a bit of a stress related problem towards the end of last year and started comfort eating again.

I'm getting married at some point next year, and I really hate the state of my body, it's awful. So I've picked my montignac book back up and I've started doing yoga on a regular basis, but I've realised I need a diet buddy in order to shift this weight, I need people to share my successes and failures with, without being laughed at. This board looks like it's full of nice people who aren't judgemental about someone's size. I've seen your successes and I'm encouraged. Anyway it'd be good to talk to some of you.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:00 AM   #107  
Val A

Hello

I found this site on Sunday and signed up straight away.

I'm Val, aged 47 (48 in Nov) I live in County Cork Ireland. I married my 2nd husband Phil on Oct 30th 2001 in Las vegas. I had a bad time with hubby No 1 and had been on my own raising my Daughter (now aged 22) for 11 years. Phil and I met at work, in 1999 became good friends and after 2 years became a little more after a drunken night at a friends house. We married a year later and the rest is history......
I was born and bought up in London and moved here in Aug 2002 as Phil's job was relocating. We have a 4 bedroom house half way up a mountian surrounded by fields and trees, there are sheep and cows in the fields oppisite and horses in the one next door. Since moving here I have been diagnoised with depression mainly because after all that time alone I no longer have to shoulder everything by myself and part of me feels like i lost control, everything happend so quicky with the wedding and the move etc. As Phil and I gave up smoking in 2002 we both put on loads of weight and this was something that I could control so on Feb 29th Phil and I started using Slimming Worlds diet. I have done it before and know it works for me. There are no groups in Ireland so we are going it alone and so far I have lost 22 pounds and Phil has lost 17 pounds. My start weight was 14 stone Phil 16 stone 2 pounds we both wantto loose about 4 stone.

I know I m going to meet lots of likeminded people here and if any one wants to stop by for a chat I am on yahoo messenger all day at work.

----------------------
Val
---------------------
Old 04-20-2004, 07:06 AM   #108  
Val A

Oh yeah I forgot to say I love reading cooking and Phil and I are keen bikers. We have a suski Bandit 600 and a Harley Davidson FRXS. We only recelty got the Bandit but Phil has had the Harley 10 years as I am a bit os a poser you can guess which one you can find me on..........
Old 04-20-2004, 08:56 AM   #109  

Thumbs up

Hurrah we love new people
Old 04-24-2004, 05:04 AM   #110  
sassy*scots*gal

Amber from Aberdeen. Like you emchi I am 26 years old, 27 in September. My problem with losing weight is that I am not encouraged to do so. The doctor tells me I'm obese and need to do it for my health and sent me to see a dietician, I saw her for almost a year with no chnge-about half a stone!! She didn't tell me anything different and I already eat a healthy-ish diet. I'm quite active also, so I think that in order for me to lose weight, I nedd to be quite radical in approach.
I am a student midwife in my second year at uni and loving it. Delivered fourteen babies now and had two named after me which is fantastic. I also work part time as a care assistant for an agency.
I have two cats-Lecutus and Kira(star trek names, don't ask!!) who are little monsters and a fiance called Bret who's training to be a pharmacist. He's at work right now, so I can sit here on the pooter for ages!
We've set the date for 7th october 2006 and I hope to be my ideal weight by then which I think is about 8 stone-I'm only 5'2". Don't remember ever being less than 10 stone though and I was a sexy size twelve then. I am still happy with the way I look and get compliments which is not what you eed when you know you're overweight and need to lose it!! I'm 13 stone at the moment and size 14 bottom and 16 tops-it's huge boob syndrome!!! Have a size 14 strapless dress need to get into 26th June for best mates wedding-zip 3" from top.....help me, tell me I need to shape up!!
Thank you for listening
Old 04-24-2004, 08:36 AM   #111  

oh no not another trekkie ive got enough of that at home the only time i gave in we ended up with a dog called tasha
kirsty
Old 04-24-2004, 09:13 AM   #112  

Hi Amber
Old 04-24-2004, 12:33 PM   #113  
sassy*scots*gal

Hello all. First day not too bad. Need to drink more though, headache coming on!!
Star Trek, hmmm, quite like it, but my bloke has all the next generation and deep space nine box sets...about to start the voager collection....no wonder I eat through boredom!
Old 04-24-2004, 02:24 PM   #114  
Theres no stopping me now

Hi Amber. Why not pop into some of the threads below, we have loads, so we can find out all about you. We are a nosy but great bunch
Old 05-04-2004, 04:09 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Default kind of new here...

I've been lurking here for some time now. My name is Helen, I'm 42, married, no kids, work part time.

I've been struggling with my weight for at least 12 years, it all piled on when I got married.

I currently weigh 12st8lb, I'd like to be around 10st.

I plan to start on Slimmng World in a couple of weeks, we're going on holiday at the end of next week, so will join a local class when I return.

Kind of dreading the holiday, you know that first moment when you have to be seen in public in a swimsuit!

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all.As I said I've been lurking for a while and you all seem really friendly and a bit mad!

Helen
Old 05-04-2004, 08:34 AM   #116  

Welcome Artemis Helen glad you have de lurked
Old 05-05-2004, 04:39 PM   #117  

Heya!

I thought I might join this so I can stop boring all my thin friends about calories. I'm in week 3 of my diet which isn't very impressive I know but I have only ever made it to the end of week 2 before! I always give up and decide I'm not really that fat, which I'm not but even so I have been steadily putting on weight over the last four years and since it all goes on my waist I have draws and draws full of nice jeans that won't fit anymore!

Seeing all the people on forums like this and in magazines and on TV who loose large amounts of weight it makes me feel a bit pathetic that I've found it so hard to try and lose the 11lb I need to get back into the healthy BMI range (right at the top!) or the stone and a half to get back into my old jeans.

Dill
Old 05-05-2004, 06:47 PM   #118  

Hi Dill I have no idea what it's like to 'only' have to lose 11lbs but I want to find out sometime in the future
Old 05-06-2004, 04:18 PM   #119  

hey just think how good youll feel when you do lose it and just wait at some point your freinds will probably want to lose weight and youll be able to give them a hand and god yes i wish i only had 11llb to lose maybe ion one leg but im getting there
kirsty
Old 05-06-2004, 04:19 PM   #120  

hey helen not mad just slightly deranged in a nice sort of way and glad youve joined us and good luck
kirsty
Closed Thread