UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 02:51 AM   #1  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Default Weekly Weigh In - 3rd Thread

I think we all sound like we are getting a bit bored with our diets - I know I certainly am! I am still enjoying the exercise but I am trying to think of some kind of way to shake the food side of things up a bit, without increasing the calories! Any ideas??????
Old 02-07-2002, 10:29 AM   #2  
Theres no stopping me now

Thanks for suggesting it might be the scales Sarah, but the 3lbs are definately on me. When I'm unwell I eat for the UK, yet another habit I need to get out of.

Yes I too am getting fed up of watching every tiny little thing I eat.

Carol

Last edited by Smiling Sal; 02-07-2002 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-07-2002, 11:08 AM   #3  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

I get really fed up too!! especially when I watch what other people eat and they do not seem to have a problem.

the thing for me is I am more fed up of being fat, I really cannot bear to go through another year at this weight. I have lost weight and reached target before and I can do it again. This is really the easy part, it is staying at target that is the problem.

This is the last 'reducing' diet I ever do ,my life after this will be a maintenance plan. Times will get hard, social occasions happen, (not very often , for me) but I can get through this, I can do it, I know I can. My desire to eat is enormous I just have to make my desire to reach a healthy weight overcome it!!

Come on UKfc don't leave me alone in this lets get it done and enjoy our lives without being on a permanent diet, lets do it once and do it right.
Old 02-07-2002, 12:57 PM   #4  
Consistency + Balance

I promise you won't be alone on this journey, TQ - all I really meant in the first post was that I am bored with my food - I would love to think of some way to revolutionise it - I am not sure why, I try to cook at least two brand new recipes a week and not have the same meal twice in a month, but I am still BORED!

I keep threatening myself with a fruit and mineral water only day - just to give my system a good shake up. What do you think???
Old 02-07-2002, 01:04 PM   #5  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

I used to do a fruit and raw veg day every Monday when I was at target (except Bank Hols ) It really helped me eat whatever I wanted at the weekend. Give it a go, I really fancy a detox diet for a few days/ weeks, bought the Carol Vorderman book after christmas, doing without wheat at the moment as I have symptoms similar to IBS but dont think I could manage without dairy..........Muller lights are my saviour at the moment!!
Old 02-07-2002, 05:59 PM   #6  

It can get really tedious dieting especially when you get well into your second month like most people here and I should know this is my third year of trying again on January 1st!!!

As most of you know I've been going to the Rosemary Conley club but that's really only to get weighed. I've had enough of fad diets, sins, points etc so what I'm doing is just eating when I'm hungry and basically putting less food in my mouth (I'm roughly counting calories to about the 1,400 mark). I don't feel like I'm on a diet and I don't feel deprived of anything PLUS it's working. I know it's only 1lb a week and I have a very long way to go - today I weighed in at 17.8lb but the weight went on slowly and so I can live with it going slowly.

I am totally with you TQ, this is my last reducing diet after that it will be maintenance all the way
Old 02-08-2002, 02:03 AM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Next week si 1/2 term

Hi all

I am finished school today for 1/2 term. I wonder what kind of effect that will have on my SW diet.

On one hand I am more active, not sitting at a desk all day (I'll probably be sitting here instead LOL) but on the other, food is more readily to hand. When I take my food to school, if I aint got it, I can't eat it, not so at home.

I am going to try to do excatly the same things at the same time as I do at school.. but you never know.

I am looking to getting some new foods incorporated when I get my new SW Cook Books - looking forward to that!
Old 02-08-2002, 03:08 AM   #8  
Consistency + Balance

Good old hubby came to my rescue last night - I was sitting there pushing my food around on my plate like a sulky 15 year old saying 'I'm B-O-R-E-D'... and he suggested that its not actually the diet thats the problem, its actually that I am just bored in general with food.

So (at his suggestion) I have decided to try something different next week - instead of porridge for breakfast I will have (perhaps) a poached egg on toast and grapefruit (not together) - for lunch I will try having maybe beans on toast or a salad instead of a sandwich and then, for our evening meals, I am going to cook to a theme each week... next week will be Indian food, the week after I will try cooking Tex Mex food and the week after that perhaps Italian, then there is Oriental, American, North African........ I am looking forward to it - it will give me a cookery challenge because although I have got recipe books for all of these, they are nearly all full fat recipes and will need adjusting to low fat and it definitely WILL add a bit of interest to my diet.

The only downside is that although my husband loves spicy food it does definitely react with him.... phew!!
Old 02-08-2002, 03:54 AM   #9  

That sounds like a great plan Sarah and it sounds as if your hubby is really supportive.

I tried the frozen grapes, yummmmmy! I don't like fruit all that much but I can definitely manage these and an apple or two a day.

Slightly disheartened this week as I have stayed the same again but my trousers feel a little looser (they have probably stretched!).

Here's to a good OP weekend for us all.
Old 02-08-2002, 06:19 PM   #10  
girly swot

another 1lb loss this week; felt like I'd been more than just 1lb good though - perhaps it'll show as a good loss next week instead

those theme nights sound like a great idea Sarah - think I may give them a whirl myself

keep going everyone; we CAN do it

Janey
Old 02-09-2002, 08:48 AM   #11  
Theres no stopping me now

Well done Janey on losing a pound and Pheobe don't worry about staying the same, it'll come off next week & it is much better than gaining.

Sarah I love the idea of theme weeks. During the week, food has to be, preferably something you can chuck in the oven all at the same time. But at the weekend I like to be a bit more adventous. Tonight we're trying Jerk Chicken with Pineapple Salsa. Have to say Ray isn't very keen, but tough he's going to try it.

Carol
Old 02-09-2002, 12:33 PM   #12  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hello ladies. I have just joined WW...went to my first, oh how horrible, you are SO fat, weigh in last Weds. However, they told us about this web site, which I have been perusing since Thursday, the UK bit caught my eye first, seeing as I am from there, and I have really loved reading all of your daily bits and bobs. You all sound like fantastic people, so I have now joined the forum thingy so as I can put a little word in now and then. I have been doing very well since Thursday with my points. I did have a glass of wine with friends last night, but I had the points, so thought, 'why not'? But I am very proud of myself so far. I have tried various weight loss plans over the years, but this time, I AM determined, I WILL get some of this weight shifted, it's TIME it left the building! I hope to hear from you all soon, once again, you sound like a really great bunch. Have a happy healthy day.
Old 02-09-2002, 02:13 PM   #13  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default WELCOME

You are right... this time you will do it... I can tell

Janet
Old 02-09-2002, 02:31 PM   #14  

Default hi britin

hi britin youve taken the hardest step and gone back to ww and i know it sounds daft but the girls on this board will really keep you going ,they have humour knowledge and sympathy and we are all going through the same thing
Old 02-09-2002, 07:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hi,
Like Britin, I've been watching your progress for quite some time and enjoying all your stories. You all seem to be doing very well. Congratulations - not just for the lost weight but for the tremendous effort that goes into losing it. That is a worse battle than the actual loss of weight.
I should introduce myself, and not just barge into your computers.
My name is Joy. I'm over here in Australia. I'm actually a Kiwi now resident for at least the next few years in Aus. I'm self employed and move around a fair bit. At the moment I live in Townsville - in tropical Far North Queensland. That sounds idyllic, but the reality is hot, hot, humid summers with lots of bugs (both the real thing and the sickness bugs) and delightful winters. At the moment (10-00am Sunday morning) I'm sweltering in 35 (90) degree heat and 75% humidity. It will get worse. Which is why so many up here have a weight problem. Even if we drink and eat well it is mostly too hot to exercise to the necessary level and I have put back all the weight I lost when I went to Melbourne to work 2 years ago.
What I need is a swimming pool in the back yard, where I can set up a drinks trolley and computer table at poolside. I could live in that.
The one suggestion I could make as far as boring food and meals goes is this:
Plan the meals for the week, shop accordingly, then try to forget about food except as a necessary part of life. I find if the mind is active - or somewhere else - I don't think about eating. Not easy when you have littlies who can eat anything going - forturnately my boys are grown up and gone which means my fridge is free for the things I like.
Good luck to all of you. Keep losing those trousers and jeans.
Joy
Closed Thread