UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 01:15 PM   #76  

Hey greedy demons leave TQ alone!
Old 02-15-2002, 02:05 PM   #77  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Flumper - glad i am not alone and I am trying to think positiveand keep up the good work, i am on the rescue remedy and I am going for full dosage today I think.

I also have one extra 6 year old for a sleepover tonight....I may need the gin bottle

Veggie- Thanks! One word from you and they are going to do as they are told, make sure they don't come back wont ya!!
Old 02-15-2002, 02:51 PM   #78  

hope the gin bottle is for smashing skulls ........remember the earlier threads about alcohol
Old 02-15-2002, 04:31 PM   #79  
Phat Chick

Exclamation Exorcism Alert - Help Needed URGENTLY

Think there needs to be an exorcism here - the greedy demons have found a new body to possess!
Old 02-16-2002, 02:57 AM   #80  

get ye behing us greedy demons
Old 02-16-2002, 03:24 AM   #81  
diva of the diet

They are still here but I am fighting the good fight!!
Old 02-17-2002, 09:43 AM   #82  
:(

S/C/G: 13st 2lbs/12st 7lbs/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Ann
you can be attractive no whatever size you are and blokes are more likely to be attracted to a HAPPY person who is confident with their body no matter what size it is, rather than someone who is slim and miserable and forever worrying that they aren't as 'good' as the next person.!
How I wish this was true.
Old 02-17-2002, 10:07 AM   #83  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

ChiChi - it IS true! Ask any bloke - they will all answer the same, they would much prefer to be with a happy person rather than someone who is miserable about themselves all the time.

If it wasn't true a whole lot of us posting here wouldn't be married at all.

The other thing is that I have got a daughter age 23. Right up until this last year she was about a size 10-12 and completely obsessed with herself and the way she looked - and she rarely had a boyfriend and when she did they were quite awful because they were only interested in how she looked rather than the person she is inside. Then she decided to go to college and her life got too busy and interesting to be fixated about the way she looks all the time - and she has put on about 2 and a half stones so nowadays she is about a size 14-16 - and she looks amazing - she radiates confidence in herself and her abilities and she has turned in to a much nicer and more relaxed person who is a pleasure to be with. She still loves going clubbing most nights of the week and says she has more energy now than she has ever had in her life and is NEVER short of a boyfriend or five.
Old 02-17-2002, 12:34 PM   #84  

sarah i think youve forgotten being 17 overweight and desperate to look goodas your slim friends
thats complete garbage that ask any guy stuff. if theres you and your friend who is super slim on the beach he will pay attention to the thin one no matter how happy you appear..........guys are fickle creatures they will always go for looks 9 times out of 10 i can sympathise completley with chi chi i remember being in that position myself ....i had stick insects as friends and id dread a night out on the town never mind a holiday , having high self confidence is good but if the weight is really an issue it will stay that way until like chi chi you do something
Old 02-17-2002, 12:39 PM   #85  
girly swot

another 1lb this week - little and often ??

37 gone now

Janey
Old 02-17-2002, 01:04 PM   #86  

Hi everyone, managed to get on the site today! I lost another 1/2 lb this week, now 13st 10 lb
Topmonkey
Old 02-17-2002, 03:45 PM   #87  
Theres no stopping me now

Default GUYS

I'm with Sarah - what guy wants to be with a stick insect - none I've ever known.

If the guys on the beach, club, where ever are only interested in the thin girls, then they're the guys that are not worth knowing. All they want is a trophy girlfriend on their arm or in their bed. If a guy can't see past a few curves then he ain't worth bothering about. It's being happy and enjoying ourselves that is important and OK it is flattering to be chatted up & flirted with, but at the end of the day if it doesn't happen surely we can still have a good time.

Chi Chi - theres more to your holiday than wearing bikins all day and attracting the creeps on the beach. Men that really like you will chat you up & want to be with you regardless of everything else. You have a few months before you go & you can achive so much in that time - just don't set your self unrealitic golas. You will be lighter if you watch what you eat & exercise - you may not be as light as you dreamed - but you don't want your weight to ruin your whole holiday.

When I was your age I had an opposite problem, I didn't eat. I used to get up before anyone else and make a slice of toast in the grill - had to make it so there was the smell & crumbs etc. But then I would put it in my pocket & throw it away on the way to school or work. For lunch I would have an apple and a little water. And then for dinner I would eat only half of what mum put on the table. Eating like this I kept my weight at around 8 stone 10lbs for nearly a year. But it was a nightmare - as soon as I started eating again I piled the pounds on & there was no stopping them. By the time I was in my 20's I was weighing in at a healthy 10 stone 7lbs, and fighting my weight constantly to get back to that 8 stone 10lbs - it wasn't worth it. At the heavier weight I met my husband and I did manage to starve myself down to 8 stone 10lbs again, but yet again couldn't keep it there. So I gained it back plus some more, then started my years of yo yo dieting. I am 35 now and I have been losing a little & gaining it all back plus some more since I was 20 - 15 years !!!.

That was how I've managed to get myself up to 16stone 8lbs. Chi Chi Chi you do not want to get yourself into the state I have about my weight. I used to set myself goals & say by my brothers wedding I will weigh 11 stone 7lbs & I did by using laxatives - don't even think about it. But when I look at the pictures of my brothers wedding I am enormous even though at the time I thought I looked great.

Please Chi Chi take a sensible look at losing weight I know you feel you have a lot to lose. Be realistic about your plans for your holiday. Exercise can drastically change the shape of your body - maybe you need to think about losing 2 stone before your holiday - can't remember when you go - and exercise to tone up those flabby muscles, which will make you look much better & feel great.

Sorry to go on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on.
Carol
Old 02-17-2002, 04:24 PM   #88  
diva of the diet

chi chi try to look for progression not perfection and you will get there, so this year you may not be as slim a s your friends but what about next year and the rest of your life, do it now, do it right and only do it once! keep smiling love you will get there and have a great holiday, a lot can be done in these coming weeks.
Old 02-18-2002, 01:49 AM   #89  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi TQ

Now some of us have to go to school today, and some of us don't. Hmmm, wonder which way around it is. - You lucky thing.
Hope the weather is better for you than it was for me - ENJOY!!

Janet
Old 02-18-2002, 03:00 AM   #90  

Angry 10lbs!!!!!!!!!gone

well hello everyone, i just had to come on before work and tell you about my new loss i weighed in this morning and thats another 2lbs............that makes 4 altogether since last week i think the mobility at work has helped there but im so happy had to share it with you all .......as no point telling my DH hes just not interested but who cares i know youse all are and thats obviously been a great help to me ,i now think i may reach the mini target i set for march it will be the first time ever that ive reached a target ive set for myself and you guys are responsible for that

this will be my expression all day now .....people will think ive lost my marbles(maybe they weighed 10lbs)
Closed Thread