UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:29 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 223/203/167

Height: 5"5

hi. ive recently joined slimming world a few weeks ago, but been having trouble getting my head into it. im really determind now though so im getting serious lol. im determind to loose a stone + in 4 weeks, i no i can do it cause iv done it before. im ment to get weighed tues mornings at half 9 but son is off school poorly so it'll be the pm class tonight. iv probably put on mind you lol. next week i want 6lbs off
nicolae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:50 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 266/242/168

Height: 5ft7

Welcome Nicolae....I'm sure you will be fine. You just have to get your head around it and be in the right state of mind. I was last year and lost 2 stone, but then fell off the wagon. After having a rather bad summer with my thyroids I am now back on the wagon. Joined last week, but due to my housewarming party on Saturday I only started to follow the plan on Monday.

WI was yesterday and it wasn't really a surprise for me that I have not lost anything. But I didn't gain eiter (even after 2 bottles of wine and to much snackfood)...so I'm quiet pleased. Seems like my body is realising that I'm back on the diet, cause I'm weeing like a crazy person lol......
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:37 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 298/289/192

Height: 5"8"

I haven't been on this website for a while but quick update. I got my 3 stone award at class last night. Had't been for 2 weeks and my last weigh in I had put 4 on. Happy to tell you those 4 are now off and then some. I had lost half a stone!!!

They did this miss slinky competition thing last night where we all had to wear a dress and I worn a little black dress I hadn't got into for a whole year. It was such a nice feeling.

Nicolae, well done for coming back. Its the hardest thing. I hope you do as well as you want tonight.

Moonchild, well done to you too getting back on the wagon.
debsarooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:58 AM   #64  

Well done Debs, wtg!!!!! I have wonderful news as well....went to my WI last night and.....*drumroll* I have lost 8lb!!!!! I couldn't believe it......I'm still on a high, it's so great. Finally my weight is heading in the other direction......it seems that the combination of Reductil and SW is working well.....I know I won't loose that much again, but hey, it's a good start.....
Old 11-24-2008, 01:34 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 298/289/192

Height: 5"8"

Moonchild, that is an amazing start. You should be so proud of yourself. Im dreading class tonight as have been alittle bad this weekend. But saying that yesterday I bought a pair of trousers a size smaller. I am so happy.

I also got fitted and bought new bras and Im about to go to work in a new top. I look so much slimmer just for wearing the right bra. Its amazing.

Whats Reductil ?
debsarooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:46 AM   #66  

Hey Debs......I know the feeling, wearing something that you haven't fit in in ages, or buying something a size smaller is the best feeling in the world. Sometimes even better than a weightloss on the scale. I hope I have another good loss this week, but we went for an indian last night. I've been good and only had chicken pakora and chicken tikka and a tiny piece of naan. Had quiet a few sins left, so I should be ok.
Reductil is a diet drug, that is prescribed by your GP if your BMI is waaaaaaayyy too high. It reduces your appetite.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:49 AM   #67  

Hi all, well WI last night, and I lost 1 1/2lb.....quiet pleased with that, wanted it to be more, but its the time of the month, so I guess water retention will have a part of it....but hey, a loss is a loss......I'm toying with the idea to set myself a challenge......33kilos off by my 33 birthday, which is in September.....hmmmmmmm it's a big challenge, but it would definetely get my weight where i want it to be.....so if I count it from when I started SW again, I have a total of 43 weeks to loose it.....so if I loose about a kilo a week, I should make it, considering holidays etc included......
Old 12-04-2008, 02:09 AM   #68  

Hi all....seems like I'm the only one checking in regularly *sniff*, but oh well, it's pre xmas, so it's hard to stay focused. However, I had my WI last night and lost 3 1/2lb.....1lb to go and thats my 1st stone off....I'm soooo pleased!
Old 12-04-2008, 05:27 AM   #69  

I must admit I have not weighed myself for yonks! I must surely have lost some when I had a cold cos I was definately off my food. Mind you, I am making up for it now!

Just received my stuff for my OU Latin course starting in Feb. Very excited about this (yes I am weird!) as the 10 week course I have done so far means I am not completely ignorant and I can actually answer some of the questions from the booklet already. However, of course not good to rest on one's laurels, is it???

Looking forward to my Christmas do tomorrow. Sorry no dieting allowed! It is a Caribbean theme so rum punch and a caribbean style buffett. Woooo!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:51 AM   #70  

Hey Peacock how did your xmas do go? caribbean style buffet....mmmmhhhhhh makes my mouth water lol....TGIF, I cant wait for the weekend!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #71  

It is this evening!

I came into work wearing a black body underneath my top and jeans - but now realise i would be faffing about in the loo all evening so have removed it (feels like I can breathe now!!! so more room for the food!). Will let you know how it goes on Monday!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 02:10 AM   #72  

Hey all....well, another WI another loss.......1lb down and I now have received my 1st award...hoooraaaaaaaayyyyy! Definetely want another couple of pounds off before x-mas so I can enjoy the german goodies when I'm back home without watching my syns too much......and then go for my next WI and still be at my 1st loss.....yeh, I know thats wishful thinking lol....
Old 12-11-2008, 05:29 AM   #73  

My Caribbean do was great! Loads of food - loads of meat and fish but plenty for a veggie too - I really stuffed but you will all be pleased to hear that although I really wanted a HUUUUGE slice of chocolate cake - I settled for a few crumbs instead just as a taster. I did indulge in icecream though (it just slips down so no calories, right???!!!) and loads of rum punch. On the veggie side there was macaroni cheese, roasted vegs, rice, couscous, potato salad , salad stuff and coleslaw. I really wished I had taken a piece of chocolate cake and wrapped it in a napkin but I reckon by the time I got home it would be just crumbs in my handbag!!

At work tonight we are having winter pimms, port and mince pies - well it would be rude not to indulge wouldn't it??

I then have my block party on Friday - no idea what sort of food there will be. Then the Departmental party next week - then that is it until the big day. Just as well , really.

I must weigh myself soon. Mind you I met someone I had not seen since the summer and she reckons I have lost weight - I doubt it though!
Old 12-15-2008, 02:43 AM   #74  

Oh peacock that sounds lovely.....mouthwaterin in fact....we went for an indian on saturday, which I've enjoyed soooo much. I've been saving my syns all week so I actually should be ok.....took a chapati instead of a naan, which only has a bout a quarter of the syns.....

I made some Ferrero Rochers last night, the SW way...mmmmhhhhh they are so nice and only 1 syn each....will definetely enjoy them this week before the 'real' christmas goodies start next week......

I've finally managed my to update my SW journal as well....only took me 10 months lol.....
Old 12-16-2008, 06:44 AM   #75  

Oooh Moonchild - do you have a recipe??? I hate them myself but my dad loves them!