UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:14 AM   #1  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default newbie

just though I would pop in and say hello. I am new here and just wnated to introduce myself to the UK folks. The only ppl who truely understand the urge to have a kebab at 2am!

I am 25, 5'6", and for the last 10 years have been fooling myself that I am not overweight. A couple of wake up calls have made to decide to finally do something about this. I found this site today and fell better already. I have no real idea what I should and shouldn't be doing. I guess less food, more exercise is the way forward. I have started already. I have a friends wedding in April, and the boy is part of the wedding party. He is going to look amazing in his new Kilt and I would like to look at least a little be less self concious for the pictures. What is a realistic weight lose from now to mid April?
irishkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:09 PM   #2  
I can lose

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5

Welcome. As a target for Mid-April. I would say a stone. I tend to aim for a pound a week. Mind you some weeks I lose more and some weeks I maintain. As you will see from looking around the forum we all use varying methods for losing weight. With the help of an online food diary I count calories.
kn1ghtbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello and welcome, I'd say you could lose a stone by April, and you have the right idea good healthy food and exercise, and try and fight that deadly urge for the late night kebab. This is a great site.
Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:23 PM   #4  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome IrishKat, come and join in the Jan chat thread, it'll keep you on track and you'll get great support daily
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote