UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 03:57 AM   #46  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Anyone else watch last nights?????? Urghhh!!!!!!! Those big blobs of pseudo human fat.... TOTALLY DISGUSTING!!! I had some fruit and a bag of potato snax (75 cals) planned for my supper and I couldn't eat it. Nor could DH eat his supper...... (makes a nice change!)

I need to find out if I can buy myself some of that fake fat and keep it on the counter in the kitchen ... if I did I doubt I would EVER eat again!

Apart from that - the rest of the programme was just a waste of time.
Old 01-30-2002, 12:30 PM   #47  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

It made me think as I have lost around 30 lb (give or take?? ) I thought it would give me something to think about!!

I would love to be given one of those weight jackets to wear I am sure that would keep me going, DH said he would fill a rucksack with bricks!!!
Old 01-30-2002, 12:53 PM   #48  
Consistency + Balance

How about a couple of carrier bags filled up with 30lbs of tins - or even my old trick, pile 30lbs lard or cooking fat in the supermarket into a pyramid - now THAT'S an eye opener!

I read somewhere about a woman who keeps a pile of tins equivalent to the weight she has lost stacked in the corner of her kitchen and adds to it each time she loses a pound. Don't think I could be bothered to do that - it would drive me mad moving it each day to wash the floor. (No, I'm not weird about housework - I have got a large dog that loves muddy puddles).
Old 01-30-2002, 01:50 PM   #49  
diva of the diet

Good ideas!! bet they love you at the supermarket!!

I must admit I have done it too!
Old 01-30-2002, 03:12 PM   #50  
:(

S/C/G: 13st 2lbs/12st 7lbs/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'2

As Im a poor student I save a £ for every lb! Only £6 so far but hopefully by the time I go on holiday (less than 5 months to go!) I will be slimmer AND have more spending money!
Old 01-31-2002, 02:51 AM   #51  
Consistency + Balance

I do a money thing as well.... because I don't go to a diet class I keep the £4 I would have spent on going to one. Then I spend it on something totally unnecessary that I wouldn't normally buy - like a nice shower gel, an expensive magazine, trial bottles of body lotion - this last week I spent it on some types of fruit that I have never eaten before - a sharon fruit, a star fruit and another one... (can't remember which).

I haven't had a week without a loss yet (so far!!) but when I do the £4 for that week will get rolled over to the next week I do have a loss. If that makes sense.

I know £4 isn't much, but its actually really nice having a little bit of 'mad' money which I don't feel guilty spending on something totally unnecessary. I think if it went up to a whole NOTE (£5) then I might re-think it - but at £4 it is 'only' a bit of loose change.... (or thats what I tell DH).
Old 01-31-2002, 03:11 AM   #52  
diva of the diet

Thats a great idea Sarah! my diet class costs £3 per week, I am going to treat myself every stone! I am going to buy one item of clothing that 'fits' instead of slobbing around in elasticated waist trousers and big jumpers!!

I am also having my photo taken every stone with the digital camera (In swimming costume ) so I can see the fat melting away, I hope
Old 01-31-2002, 11:34 AM   #53  
Phat Chick

Default Just thought you might be interested.....

Spent the afternoon in Waterstones in the West End.

Flicked through the Fat Club book, which appears to have a chapter dedicated to each member.

So I had to skim the chapter on Jaycee. Well she is 4ft 11 and weighs about 18st. She mentioned that she had started to put weight on after her mum died of breast cancer (I think - was trying to skim quickly).

She wanted to lose weight to be able to conceive, but said that she knew of larger women who had had no problems.

Anyway as she said on the programme, the timing wasn't right for her and her husband would have "gone" for Harvey, but because she was so calm about the whole issue, he left it.

But, according to the book when she left Fat Club, she was already pregnant, but didn't know it. The chapter finished by wishing her well for the future.
Old 01-31-2002, 03:02 PM   #54  
:(

S/C/G: 13st 2lbs/12st 7lbs/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'2

I've never tried a star fruit or sharon fruit either!
What were they like Sarah?
Old 02-01-2002, 02:57 AM   #55  
Consistency + Balance

A star fruit tasted pretty much like an underripe Golden Delicious apple and the sharon fruit has got a taste all on its own - it was actually quite nice, but VERY sweet. The other one I had was a passion fruit - and it wasn't at all nice, but I have since found out that it isn't really an 'eating' fruit, it is better used in cooking. Apparently Delia Smith is very fond of using them in recipes.

Talking about Delia.... I am thinking about locking up my Delia cookbooks... that woman is VERY heavy handed with oil and butter, same as the rest of the celebrity chefs - especially Antony W-T. I use a lot of his recipes and I was going to cook his pork in guinness and prunes for Sunday dinner this week - until I saw the amount of oil in it. No wonder I am fat!

I think it would have been quite entertaining to see Jaycee's husband 'go' for Harvey..... I doubt there is any question who would have come off best in a fair fight! I am happy that she has achieved what she set out to achieve, but it is a shame that she didn't decline the invitation to participate and let someone else take her place.

My husband says that a girl where he works has applied to take part in Fat Club 2. I am not taking this as gospel because I know the girl in question and she is a bit 'flutter headed' as they say up here. After all the complaints that have been sent (mind amongst them) it's hard to believe that they would have a second series.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:37 AM   #56  

Discussion over at real slimmers about fat club...Tracy and Stuart talk! http://forums.prospero.com/rs-lotsto...es/?tid=194.11
Old 02-05-2002, 08:03 AM   #57  
Theres no stopping me now

had the misfortune to catch the repeat on Friday evening - there I was eating my tea and on it came. I enjoyed it more as they concentrated on a few people only.

Anybody know who they are looking at tonight or is back to harvey the horrible.

Carol
Old 02-05-2002, 09:57 AM   #58  

Thanks for the link Veggie, it was interesting to see Tracy and Stuart's comments on Fat Club. Reading their comments has slightly changed my opinion on the programme, they seem supportive of the ideals behind the programming so I guess its just bad editing to blame!
Old 02-05-2002, 04:26 PM   #59  

I could go on all night about tonights episode
One thing that is obvious is why dont they measure people? Someone should tell those so called experts that muscle DOES weigh more than fat!!!!
Topmonkey
Old 02-05-2002, 04:29 PM   #60  

Almost forgot - Delia will be doing diet food next week. I think I will watch that instead of Fat Club
Topmonkey
Closed Thread