UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 09:45 AM   #16  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

I have just been out looking for a rebounder, Argos are out of stock no one else in Enfield has one and the JJB Superstore is closed for refurbishment, so I thought to myself go home and order one on the internet/telephone and I could be bouncing by the weekend. Just saw in Argos the maximum weight is 16stone so I still have more than a stone to lose before I can start to use it. Does anyone else have one that is suitable for a heavyweight like me and if so where did you get it?

Old 02-12-2002, 09:52 AM   #17  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default rebounder

Hi TQ

Hmm I think you will need to get one from a sports shop possibly, but then it's going to cost. There is one advertised in SW mag called Super Tramp but it is £79.oo which is along way off £15 for the bog standard one in Argos/Index. It doesn't mention weight but they do have a website, so maybe it will tell you there:

www.supertramp.co.uk

This price is delivered t o your door
I'll have a look too

Janet
Old 02-12-2002, 10:58 AM   #18  
diva of the diet

There is a body sculpture one in Index/littlewoods at £24.99 but no weight limit shown, anyone got any ideas? and the one in argos for people under 16 stone is £17.99, I havent found any others yet. the supertramp one is a bit more than I wanted to pay oh well decisions decisions do I wast until I lose weight . i know I can't use Harrys in the garden, my feet touch the floor...
Old 02-12-2002, 11:02 AM   #19  

TQ that could be a little treat for yourself when you reach the 16 stone mark.......when i get to 15st i want a decent exercise bike its amazing the things you think of when your torturing yourself metally as well as physically(im hungry)
Old 02-12-2002, 11:08 AM   #20  
Phat Chick

Default Paging TQ

I paid £50 for mine from Lillywhites. The reason why I purchased mine from there is that I read on another forum that some people were having trouble with the Argos ones.
Mine is made by Reebok and is very tough and strong. Also if anything goes wrong, Reebok will be hearing from me
The legs can be screwed off, so the trampoline can be stored flat under the bed or against the wall. Be aware though, it was heavy and cumbersome to transport home, so you need to park somewhere up the West End. I conned hubby into coming with me

They used to be in the catalogues, but I have noticed that it's not in my current Freemans catalogue.

Last edited by BigPhatBooty; 02-12-2002 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:17 AM   #21  

I had mine from Argos, 12months last November and mine is ok. Same, legs screw off etc, but I don't bother with that I just stamd it up in the garage.

I sent my husband for mine.......... I was injured at the time
Old 02-12-2002, 12:35 PM   #22  

Hi TQ - After readying your mail this morning I left a message for you on one of the threads about the 16 stone limit on the Argos rebounder but I don't know where I put it. I'm glad you saw it before you bought it though. I'm 17.7 at the moment and I tried the Reebok one out on Saturday in Lillywhites - the guy in the shop (although he wants a sale) assured me that it would be fine - to be honest it did look more sturdy than the Argos one but it was £50 - I'm going back to get it on Saturday. Let me know how you get on.

I've just written all that and then seen BPB has already said it all!! Are you happy with yours BPB?
Old 02-12-2002, 02:53 PM   #23  
Phat Chick

Default 2nd Attempt

Lights just flashed and the computer restarted mid post

Sorry if repeating, but I assumed that the Reebok one would be more suitable as it would have been made specifically for more strenuous activity. I think it would be more likely to use it in a professional/gym setting. It does come with a leaflet, with shows a few movements, but both Jano and I have ordered the Cardio Bounce video from Bol.com.

I am very pleased with my rebounder, it is very sturdy and even hubby has had a few bounces

OK, so it cost £50 but I think it was money well spent on a recognised brand. I have ordered a different video from an American site, so when this arrives if we are all still using our rebounders, I'll let you know how it is.

Old 02-12-2002, 05:41 PM   #24  
diva of the diet

thanks everyone for the advice on rebounders etc. i had a conversation with a friend today she has just dug hers out of the loft and says it squeaks quite a lot, she has been using it morning and evening and the neighbours think she is having the time of her life

You have to laugh don't you.
Old 02-13-2002, 03:49 AM   #25  

Ha Ha mine squeeks too....

That Cardio-bounce tape is very fast indeed, I still haven't managed to do all the arm and leg movements at the same time, but I think there is an easier section (I haven't looked at that yet) and there are toning exercises. It's very good, but so is my other, Cardio Bounce + (not made by the same people, no connection whatsoever).

Yep BOl. com, that's the place to shop - much cheaper then Amazon

BPB I had all my money back from Amazon for sending me the wrong tape, right label, just wrong tape (It could only happen to me)
Old 02-13-2002, 05:27 AM   #26  
Theres no stopping me now

Can see I’m going to have to think about getting one of these. Had to laugh at someone in an earlier post (BPB I think) with the thought about your boobs hitting of the ceiling??

Is a possibility for a later ‘reward’ for losing another 10lbs. Will need to ask for a non squeaky one, can't have it clashing with my the clicking my knees make.

Carol
Old 02-14-2002, 02:38 AM   #27  
diva of the diet

Reebok rebounder was ready for me when I got back from slimming club, i was a little enthusiastic and within 28 seconds something went ping! in my ankle
(Veggie- stop laughing- you did say it would end in tears!!)

I am still a little tender this morning but have managed a couple of minutes...hey I don't want to overdo it!!

Maybe I should have waited until I weighed under 16 stones!!

Please don't be put off ladies, I was a bit too bouncy for my own good and should have warmed up a bit instead ofgoing at it like a maniac
Old 02-14-2002, 03:48 AM   #28  

Hi TQ, well you are now set up for a happy bouncing time.....can't understand how you injured your ankle on it, physio told me it was totally safe and I was using it when I had a calf muscle which was torn 3/4 way across after going up for a high shot at badminton.

Just take it steady, as I say get you balance on it first, if you fall off you will injure yourself.

But did you enjoy it????

(It's like being a kid again and bouncing on the bed!!!! )

I have got a booklet, it is very useful, maybe you could give me your work address and I will send it on to you. Its only thin so the postage will be small. Then, whoever gets a tramp next, maybe you could do the same. Oh and of course I will need your full name. It tells you the advantages of rebounding (Its written by a woman who was crippled with arthritus (spelling) who was cured by re-bounding) . It also gives you some moves to do. Let me know if you are interested!!
Jano

Ps Don't forget that Bra!
Old 02-14-2002, 04:57 AM   #29  

Hi Jano I get my rebounder on Saturday - that leaflet would be great. When I'm set up I'll give you my address if that's ok?

Don't worry - I could never forget my bra - it's too big
Old 02-14-2002, 05:43 AM   #30  

Hi Delaney

That's fine by me - actually I'll dig it out and if its not too big I'll photocopy it and then I'll be able to send it to whoever wants it, without the binder it will probably be 1st class letter post!!

Hope I can find it now

It may not be a good ideas to put your address on the boards unless you feel happy with that. Alternatively send it to my E mail address ( I think its under my profile??)
Closed Thread