UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 04:45 PM   #46  
A Work In PROGRESS

S/C/G: 128/see ticker/116

Height: 5'3"

hi girls just decided to join in with your lil chat and wud love to add that i stopped doing exercise vids and instead i started going round my mates house nearly everyday after school to do street dancing as we are doing a charity show at xmas and need to be the best and thankfully ive lost more weight than i have ever with those damn exercise vids that i hated so veerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrvy much! and i am feeling very happy!
oh but its my birthday tomorrow and i am dreading eating that cake! its choclate and i have decided to let myself have a thin slice
oh and we are going out for our dinner and having a 3 course meal so i will try to have a light lunch that day and a light breakfast so i can eat decent food ... not salads! (well hopefully not since this meals costing alot!)
Old 09-14-2007, 03:40 AM   #47  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello Harry! Street dance eh? Sounds brill!

Oh my legs hurt! I think it was super-setting at the gym and being a Trojan at kickboxing. I ended up teaching the ladies again They have no respect, it's a PITA. We are thinking of closing/merging the ladies class. They do not deserve us

Not sure how much weight I've lost recently, but my arms are getting dents again and my new jeans are a bit loose, which is mildly annoying, but there you go! Nothing a belt can't handle! Hopefully I'll be back in my skinny jeans and will be able to wear vests without looking laughable, just in time for winter and cosy cardigans!

I've got a tournament on November 11th and I'm hoping to look a little more ripped for that... We shall see, I ain't busting guts over it, the training is more important. In fact it might be more fun to look like a whale but to sting like a bee...
Old 09-14-2007, 04:40 AM   #48  

Hi Harry and Welcome!

Street dancing sounds good! At least you have fun whilst exercising!

Enjoy your birthday - just go easy the next day!!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 04:55 AM   #49  
I can lose

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5

Welcome Harry and have a good birthday.

Does anyone have a lateral thigh trainer? I decided to purchase one. I already have the original stepper. I looked a right mess on the lateral thigh trainer. Realised how little co-ordination I have. I can't manage the bungee cords and do the steps at the same time. Hope it gets easier. I just ended up laughing at myself yesterday.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:07 PM   #50  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls

LOL Frus you make me laugh whats the deal with these so called ladies that you have so much respect for? hehe

Happy Birthday Harry enjoy yourself

I'm so glad i'm back posting here you girls are such a good influence on me I did a 20 min Pilates workout this morning (first time in years ) and then I walked for 40 mins on my doing the weightloss program which consists of 2 mins aT 0 incline then 2 mins at 10 incline and you know what I ENJOYED it whats up wi' me? I've got to get my weight down because NOTHING fits me and I REFUSE to buy bigger size clothes that AIN'T an option!

Ok i'm off for a shower then I might apply for a couple of jobs i'm getting sick of being a housewife

Last edited by cat90; 09-14-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:49 PM   #51  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

Hello ladies,

Hiya Michellemissed ya!!So sad to hear about your dad hopefully he'll be on the mend soon. He's definately a strong Irish man.

How come every here is so poorly? Mind you i was reading in the newspaper that people are the most sick on September 6th, or maybe it's just this month.

I also had a terrible cold and even got a coldsore too, but now thats all cleared
up. I've only been managing 2 meals a day i havent been snacking at all. My baby still didn't come back yet. I miss him like mad now. Just anticipating his come back. Missed his birthday and everything. I haven't been a happy bunny recently as i also found out that the man i was going to marry 2 months ago is now getting married but im getting over it. I'm just trying not take my old insercurities into this new relationship now.

Sorry to hear bout your tooth clydegirl hope everything goes well at weigh in.

Hello Harry!!

Peacock, 2frus and veggie all aof u ladies get well soon.

Cat - you make me laugh

Last edited by SlimmingWorldChick; 09-14-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:07 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 78/78/63

Height: 181

Smile

well done on the running, its the one thing I've never been able to stick with. i have just started using the concept 2 rower at the gym, its not so bad with an mp3 which I have to stick into my bra so that it doesnt fall out. At least my boobs are big enough to hold it there! Im taking the kids to pitch and putt tomorrow, I was going to drop them off then find somewhere to have a coffee but I think id be too tempted to have some cake or chips instead.. Im trying to have a cheat day on Friday, and then be good for the rest of the week. I had all of my cheats tonight - chocolate and wine.. will see if I can hold out until Monday..
Old 09-15-2007, 06:58 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Thank you for your kind words and a very big hello to the newbies lovely to see you and I look forward to reading your posts.

Dixiechick do be careful putting that MP3 player in your bra I used to the very same thing with my son's Ipod oh he would have had a stroke if he'd known where I kept it. Then last Christmas I got my own Ipod I continued putting it down my sports bra but I must have sweated so much that the bloody thing conked out. How nice it must have been for the blokes at Apple opening it up finding my sweat and Palmers Cocoa Butter no wonder they sent me a new one.

My life seems to have resumed some normality. I'm feeling less tired. I've yet to return to the gym but I have been walking.

Providing my father is ok I go to Ireland on Thursday for the weekend on my own. I will stay with relatives and no doubt hit the pubs and back horses since there will be a big race festival on. The Listowel Races.

I'm going to be a healthy girl today.

Have a good Saturday

Michele
Old 09-15-2007, 02:48 PM   #54  
Gym'll fix it!!

That will be a nice break Michele I've never been to the races the nearest I get is backing something in the Grand National and I have'nt done that for years. My Dad was always at the bookies on a Saturday afternoon. I could never understand the terms to be honest Palmers Cocoa butter?? jeez its a wonder the bloody thing did'nt shoot across the room like a bullet LOL

I went to the pub last night it was'nt planned but I ended up having a good night drank far too many Stella's and Buds and i've got the headache to show for it oh well i'll live I can tell I did the Pilates I can feel it in my legs today but its not too bad. I should try something different, don't know if i'm up for trying taebo though
Old 09-15-2007, 04:02 PM   #55  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I am so p*ssed off at the moment. Family stuff has been mental all week (will try to explain when I have the time), and I just got into the house with the intention of opening a bottle of wine, collapsing in front of the tv and not doing anything for the rest of the evening or tomorrow other than hitting the supermarket for supplies and doing some washing (I've barely been in the house since Tuesday and really need some clean clothes!), when my dad calls. The idiot went to the airport on the wrong day, so is coming back over here tonight. That's not so bad, but I know he'll want to go over to his mother's again tomorrow, and I really can't face leaving the house. Let alone staying awake for another hour without wine for him to get back to Leeds to pick him up. I just want some space to get my thougts straight and make some attempt to regain my sanity, not him being around on the first free day I've had in what seems like ages.

(On the plus side, I was staying with my other grandparents last night - not one family crisis but two, he was dealing with his parents while I dealt with mum's - and managed to drag myself out for 17 miles this morning. Not as long as I had planned for this weekend, but a good effort in the circumstances).
Old 09-16-2007, 04:07 AM   #56  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Oh and a word of warning about Tesco value scales.

I'm not obsessive about weighing myself at the moment, I don't have scales at home, and I just weigh in when I go to the gym. Because I'm making the most of the last remnants of summer and exercising outside that's not very often at the moment, but on Thursday when I went up there I was roughly 10.5 stone, which is where I've been for a while.

My dad, meanwhile, saw some scales for £3 in Tesco and thought he'd get them as a present. That man's mind works in strange ways. I think he wanted to weigh his case to go back home, and decided to dump the useless tat on me when he'd used it.

Anyway, out of interest I stepped on them. 12.5 stone. There is no way on earth I've gained 2 stone in 3 days. As soon as he leaves those things are going in the bin.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:54 AM   #57  

Good morning to you all

Cat hope your feeling a little better after your night out. It's so good at the time isn't it.

Helen families they'd drive you up the absolute pole. Hope your feeling a little less stressed today.

Well I've just had poached egg on toast and afterwards I had this almond cakey thing. That was my treat for the day. Had great intentions of going to the gym but I just feel too tired. Probably go out for a walk later I may even put on my sports bra and try a bit of running outside.

My little brother Patrick says he will take me to the airport on Thursday our car is up the creek and we are currently looking for a new one. He is a sweetheart I emailed him asking him and I said "Patrick being your older sister and having always looked after you I wonder if there is any chance you could take me to the airport" I then swiftly added he would need to call for me at 3.00am!!! Didn't the little dote say yes. I always say it is great being the eldest and the only girl in the family.

I just rang my father I said how are you, he said fecking terrible girl, he then went on to tell me about his bowels and stuff he holds nothing back these days!! Anyway I says I will call round later and I will watch the All Ireland Final with you it's Kerry v Cork so he says that will be great but I'm having a few pints first oh I absolutley give up. I don't mind him having a pint at all but tomorrow he will be having a camera stuck up his backside so I think he should be resting himself.

Peacock I meant to ask how is the job hunting going?

Have a restful Sunday

Michele xxxxxx
Old 09-16-2007, 08:19 AM   #58  

I love Michelle's father. Of course the little package I have to send him is still sitting here, I'm such a spastic person I always forget about errands and things. I still have the address just need to get my sorry self to the post office, I will say that they are open really stupid hours. Like they are closed today on Sunday, why when everyone else is off and could actually make it there?????

I'm mad at myself, I should be doing a long run today but of course I went to the sox game last night so I'm a bit hungover. We won 10-1 though, so I had a few extra beers in celebration!!!!

I'll just switch my running days this week and today I'll take a long walk, it's beautiful out.

Helen hilarious about the scales, you sound stressed, I hope all is as well as it can be right now.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #59  
A Work In PROGRESS

S/C/G: 128/see ticker/116

Height: 5'3"

thanks guys for the birthday wishes

oh and kn1ghtbabe how is the lateral thigh trainer coming along seen any changes yet? i have seen it on the telly lots of times thinking wether to buy it or not and i found out my gran had bought one but she now needs a hip replacement so she aint using it and asked if i wanted hers i said no but if its got good results i might re consider her offer?
lol have fun with it
Old 09-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #60  

Hello everyone

Belated birthday greetings Harry.

Redsox girl you are so like myself.

Well this evening myself and two friends cycled 13 miles oh I feel almost size 0 like!! It's weird because I still do the same thing I used to do as 11 year old riding my bike I always used to wonder why I always had a sore throat after cycling to school I then I sussed that it was because I would ride three miles with my mouth wide open, and strangely enough I still do that to this day. Oh how attractive I must look when I pass people on the track we follow on our bikes.

I'm just about to bid for a velvet Gap jacket on Ebay so I must bid you all adieu.

Goodnight godbless
Michele

Last edited by micheleherts; 09-16-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Closed Thread