UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 07:06 PM   #76  
girly swot

I've decided, it starts NOW On that Fat Club prog last night; they tried on a jacket weighing 9 stone; if I could find one which weighed 3 stone I'm sure that would give me the incentive to stay focussed Anyone know where I could get one?

Weigh in tomorrow night; am NOT looking forward to it and even considered packing ww in. Got a right telling off from friends/colleagues who said I would be letting all that hard work go to waste. So, here's to getting back on plan

Going to try to go to bed a bit earlier tonight so night all

TC

Janey
Old 01-11-2002, 10:25 AM   #77  

Hello we are BACK

I feel I know how the fat suits feel as I was once 20st 7 and it was ****! Bad back out of breath all the time etc loosing three stone you really feel the health benefits even stuff like periods got better for me! I lost 3st 7 but then christmas came and one stone back on sulk.

I can only imagine how much better Ali feels oh well one day!!
Old 01-11-2002, 10:37 AM   #78  

Hi guys

Well done for getting back on track Janey. I stopped going to my fat club but after 4 months and a stone later!!!!! (even though I lost 4lbs last week) I start back on Monday night. Even if I have a bad week getting on the scales in front of people still gives me that incentive.

Come on Veggie - you and I are weighing the same at the mo arn't we? lets see if we can lose a lb or 2 this week - what do you say? Don't lose sight of the fact that you've already lost over 3 stone so you know you can do it and the fact that you have managed to keep most of it off is great

I have a new incentive to lose weight - some friends of ours from Canada have e-mailed and said they're coming for a visit this summer. The last time they saw us was 13 years ago and I was a size 14 - aaarrrggghhhhh!

It's our 10th wedding anniversary today and both kids are full of cold - so much for going out tonight The sitter's been booked for a fortnight!! He forgot to send me a card and I was just slagging him off on the phone to my best friend when a huge bouquet came to the door Now I feel rotten.

Better go and keep the kids amused and full of Calpol
Old 01-11-2002, 10:44 AM   #79  

Happy Anniversary Delaney!

I was last a size 14 when I was about 14! Then I was size 18 at 18 and funnily enough size 30 at 30!! Now there is a size 32 but I don't want to be it!!
Old 01-11-2002, 10:50 AM   #80  
7 of 9 wannabe

Thats good fighting talk, Delaney!!!!!!

I am sure we can all do it. Have you seen my new signature line thingy - forget last week Veggie - just look to the future - I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Congratulations on your anniversary, Delaney - I would have slagged Kevin off as well if I hadn't received a card - oh well it gives you an opportunity to be all soft and slushy when you apologise....

I've got the same incentive to lose weight - Kevin has invited some friends to visit in June the last time they saw me I was a size 10-12. I have also been asked to be a Matron of Honour (??) at my friend's wedding in July. I haven't said yes, yet, because I don't want to ruin the photos, but the deal with the bride is that if I manage to lose 30lbs by the end of March then I will do it AND wear the dodgy outfit she has got planned. If I haven't then heavens only knows what she will do because the reason she wants a matron of honour is because she is having 7 - yes - SEVEN - bridgesmaids all aged between 2 and 7. I don't think she so much wants a Matron of Honour, more like a sheepdog!

Have you noticed that all the posts for the last couple of days have disappeared??

Could you let me have your weights on the other thread by Monday, please.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:58 AM   #81  

BY Monday? I weigh in ON monday is that ok weigh in lady Sarah?????????? It will have to be
Old 01-11-2002, 11:01 AM   #82  
Pink Thingy

I weigh in on Tuesday (old WW weighing day) so I will always be late
Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread - think this should have been somewhere else - oopss!
Old 01-11-2002, 11:03 AM   #83  
Theres no stopping me now

Ate for Scotland last night. My youngest son was unwell so I had to come home from work early and once I had him settled in my bed with a video I ate all the remaining chocolate in the kitchen.

I then walked upto the Co-op for my exercise a mile there and a mile back. Following that I sat and watched telly and devoured 3 cans of cider, a philly & cucumber sandwich and several packets of square salt & vinegar crisps.

That was all yesterday though - today I have been like an angel -still got the evening to get through. I am hoping to 'escape' for a swim and have a wee bit time on my own, will need to wait & see what happens. Bet I end up taking the boys and end up just splashing around.

Carol

Last edited by Smiling Sal; 01-11-2002 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:05 AM   #84  
7 of 9 wannabe

BFB - highjack away - everyone's welcome here. I put it on the weigh in thread as well, but maybe the email notification thing isn't working right.

Not to worry Veggie - I will do the maths around about lunch time on Monday. (Not my strong point!!!)
Old 01-11-2002, 04:34 PM   #85  

Just a quickie

How many calories in a chicken bhuna, pilau rice, and 2 popadums????

AAARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Old 01-12-2002, 02:14 AM   #86  
7 of 9 wannabe

Oh dear.......! I haven't got a clue.

Start again tomorrow!
Old 01-12-2002, 03:59 AM   #87  
Pending Email Confirmation

I'm really glad (not in a nasty kind a way) that lots of people are struggling... cuz its make me feel quite human. My friend asked me to E mail to her what I eat daily to try to help. I tell you, what I ate the other day, there's not a piece of paper big enough in the world to list it on. I really have got to get on with this.

Each morning I am filled with enthusiasm but I am really hungry.. I expect its because I've been eating just what I want over Christmas and when I want it also. I am sure that once I have educated by stomach to expect less I'll be OK but I JUST CAN'T DO THAT AT THE MOMENT. (sorry to shout) Anybody got any ideas.... I know it's not what is preached but I could do with getting out of the habit of having breakfast again. I know, I know, its the most important meal of the day etc etc. but for me, the earlier I eat in a day, the more meals I can pack in? It just starts me off! I am much better just to have an early lunch!! but I'm so hungry I get to about 9.30 and if it isn't nailed down, I eat it!!

I am seriously thinking of trying these Guarana and Ephedra tablets from the Health shop - any thoughts!

Last edited by Jano; 01-12-2002 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01-12-2002, 05:10 AM   #88  
7 of 9 wannabe

I think everyone is struggling a bit after Christmas.

I find it helps to work out EXACTLY what I am going to eat immediately after dinner the day before. So my calories/menu for today was worked out yesterday evening so I know I haven't got any calories spare for treats.

Yes - you are SUPPOSED to eat breakfast, but if you aren't happy with how it makes you feel then why not have brunch and an evening meal - or have 7 tiny meals a day - or whatever - just so long as the total of calories you eat add up to under whatever limit you have set yourself.

The other thing is don't try and cut back too much. If you try and exist on too little calories then you will get so hungry that it overpowers your rational thought and you will just binge.

What diet/eating plan are you on?

Last edited by Sarah-Ann; 01-12-2002 at 05:16 AM.
Old 01-12-2002, 05:59 AM   #89  
Pink Thingy

As Delaney is in confession mode........I will too, but only in the interest of ensuring that she is not alone
I ate 12 points worth ( ) of sizzling stawberry strings yesterday. Was it worth it - NO - especially as I calculated the points after eating them I have journalled it though

Just goes to show how you can waste valuable points on cr@p.
Old 01-12-2002, 06:50 AM   #90  

Delaney dunno how many cals but don't stress about it its only one meal after all! Popadums can not be as bad as naan bread anyway and rice is good for you!

BFB What are strawberry strings??

Jano you don't have to eat breakfast if you don't want to I have never heard of those tablets sorry! But if you are hungry in the morning then eat something what about toast then hour later a banana!

I'm just eating when I'm hungry...and turning down cakes and stuff that is offered!

Sarah o.k i will do my best to get up before the afternoon on monday and weigh myself!!
Closed Thread