UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:01 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I too have not had any concerning side effects. Was a little 'loose' and more 'frequent' on a few occasions but nothing nearly as bad as the IBS symptoms I'd suffered with my pre-diet eating.

My doctor also suggested the Xenical to me when I went to her in tears about my weight. She did not prescribe it for 2 months as she wanted me to show I could lose weight without the medication (I lost 8lb in that time). I've not looked back since and have lost or stayed the same every week since starting.

When I saw my Dr before Christmas she almost gave me permission not to lose over Christmas as I had met my 5.5kg three month target in two months. However, although I eased off a little I don't want to lose momentum so basically still intend to be a couple of kilos down when I see her next.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 235/221/147

Height: 5'7"

Smile First week done

Really excited because I have lost 4lbs my first week on xenical
That also makes it my first stone lost. I will never be 16 something ever again
Just going to keep plugging away no disastrous side effects yet just a bit of flatulence
Hope everybody else is doing OK
DoubleDoubleTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #93  
v

S/C/G: 94/87/55

Height: 5"1

hi mandy
yaye. well done girl.

so pleased for u. u've doen so well. keep goin.

i bet u feel on top of the world. have u noticed any difference in your clothes yet? if u have, isn't if just fantastic!

as for me, i did put a few pounds on holiday period n i checked my weight today and i seem to have lost it coz am back to my pre x-mas weight. n thats good for me.

keep going n u will soon meet your goal.

take care
kim
butterflykim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 309/250/200 (for now)

Height: 5 foot 2

Howdy again folks. I haven't been around for a while. I lost 4lbs in my December weigh in but I didn't want to count it as an official loss until my January weigh in due to the holidays. I had my January weigh in today and lost 3 lbs over the holiday period which is good because I bet I had to re-lose a few pounds that I gained Christmas week..lol.

So, 7lbs lost since the last time I checked in.
SarahJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:44 PM   #95  

Hi, Not been around much recently, I have now lost just over 3 stone on xenical, i got a telling off today as i have slowed right down as TBH at xmas i enjoyed myself. I did feel crap as i didn't expect that from my Gp, i guess that she's just doing her job. All we can do is keep fighting for that little black dress. x
Laineyt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:05 PM   #96  
v

hi laineyt75
well done on your weight loss.
if u don't mind me asking, how long did it take u to lose 3stones on xenical?
thanks
kim
Old 01-21-2008, 05:29 PM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laineyt75 View Post
Hi, Not been around much recently, I have now lost just over 3 stone on xenical, i got a telling off today as i have slowed right down as TBH at xmas i enjoyed myself. I did feel crap as i didn't expect that from my Gp, i guess that she's just doing her job. All we can do is keep fighting for that little black dress. x
I saw my GP today too. I didn't get a telling off but it was noted that I'd have to lose quicker in the next 3 months if I'm to reach my next target (5kg)to continue with the Xenical prescription. I only lost 1.5kg this month. But christmas, new year and my birthday are behind me so onwards and downwards!

Kitty
Old 01-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #98  
v

hi kitty
how long hav u been on xenical now?
i don't no why i feel very demotivated nowadays. i want to lose weight but its becoming hard. not feel that i,ve lost any weight in 4 weeks n i feel hungry all the time! i keep eating crap! whats wrong! someone plz help me. i want to continue losing weight! what can i do to keep me motivated?
HELP PLZ.
kim
xxx
Old 01-22-2008, 01:49 PM   #99  

We would not be on Xenical it we were able to lose weight as quickly as other people. Kim, do you count calories? I found I needed to start doing that in addition to my fat grams to keep things moving. That and the thing most of us hate...exercise.

I guess I am lucky with my nurse because she said she had expected me to gain over the holidays and was just glad I lost anything. Mainly because if this is going to be the way we eat for the rest of our lives we can't expect not to have a Christmas ever again. It is just a matter of eating well the rest of the year and having one treat period and then getting right back on the wagon.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:32 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflykim View Post
hi kitty
how long hav u been on xenical now?
i don't no why i feel very demotivated nowadays. i want to lose weight but its becoming hard. not feel that i,ve lost any weight in 4 weeks n i feel hungry all the time! i keep eating crap! whats wrong! someone plz help me. i want to continue losing weight! what can i do to keep me motivated?
HELP PLZ.
kim
xxx
I've been on Xenical exactly 6 months. Yesterday was my second 3 month review with a new goal set. 42lb of my weightloss has been whilst taking the Xenical. Its difficult to stay motivated and sometimes it is a struggle but I so don't want to waste this opportunity my doctor has given me so I intend to keep on trucking. I'm not too tempted by crap now but I do find I can overeat even with healthy stuff (natural yogurt is my current vice).

I think I will struggle with the next 5kg target in 3 months especially as I go on holiday in 2 months time where we are all inclusive (yikes!). So I really feel like its only a 2 month target and hopefully maintenance over the holiday.

Kitty
Old 01-23-2008, 09:02 AM   #101  
v

hi kitty
i've been on xenical for 4 months now n have lost only 25lbs! its not even 2 stones! i should have at least lost a lot more than 2 stones. i am so discouraged now n i think i'll not reach my goal by this summer! i want to lose at least 3 stones by 1st july! thats only 5 months from now! its my 2nd wedding anniversary n my 29th birthday!
what shall i do? PLZ HELP ME. give me some tips!
thanks for listening.
kim
xx
Old 01-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #102  

I've been on xenical for 6 months, looking at the fat content in all the food that i have is a bit daunting, I've had to change what i eat and i always now look at the fat content in all foods, I've been known to also ask when out, what the food has been cooked in. it's hard but you've to keep going.
i'm renewing my wedding vows this year so i want to get a nice outfit so i'm determined to loose the weight that I need to.
my Gp reffered me for exercise and I'm loving it! I can go in the day when my daughter is at school and there is no lyrca lovelies to make me feel intimidated.
Laineyt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:34 PM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflykim View Post
hi kitty
i've been on xenical for 4 months now n have lost only 25lbs! its not even 2 stones! i should have at least lost a lot more than 2 stones. i am so discouraged now n i think i'll not reach my goal by this summer! i want to lose at least 3 stones by 1st july! thats only 5 months from now! its my 2nd wedding anniversary n my 29th birthday!
what shall i do? PLZ HELP ME. give me some tips!
thanks for listening.
kim
xx
Kim

You've got to be realistic about your weightloss goals. 25 lb is more than 10% weightloss in 4 months. That's a great achievement. You should be celebrating not comparing yourself to others. I've lost a bit faster but I've more to lose.

Focus on the benefits of your weightloss - I'm sure there's many. Would you really want the 25lb back, I'd be surprised if you do.

First thing I'd do is set a realistic target for July say 20lb which is doable instead of thinking about the end target.

Hope this helps

Kitty
Old 01-24-2008, 02:06 PM   #104  
v

hi kitty
u r right i don't want that 25lbs back. i've set myself a gaol of 2 stones weight loss for my birthday in july. n am going to do it.
thanks fro encouragement.
keep up the good work.
kim
xx
Old 01-29-2008, 04:11 PM   #105  

I have stopped setting myself timed targets. I have mini goals in mind, of course, but it felt like saying I will lose so many pounds by such a date was setting me up to be upset when instead I should be happy to say goodbye to each pound regardless of how long it takes. In the end, no matter how well I eat and how often I exercise my body is only going to drop that pound when it is ready.