UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:43 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJayne View Post
So, I find Xenical helps rather than does the work.
I saw my GP yesterday to get my prescription for month 3 and she was amazed that I'd lost 5.5kg (12lb) in the 5 weeks since I'd last seen her. I told her that it was thanks to the Xenical but she told me that it was me that was doing the job (which I know) and the Xenical is only the tool to help me do the job.

I'm getting so many complements now I've dropped two dress sizes, plus I'm getting told I look taller

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:57 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 309/250/200 (for now)

Height: 5 foot 2

Yup, I think that is the way we have to look at it or it is just another short term loss. I know it feels different now..I have been eating 'differently' for a year which is much longer than I have ever lasted before. It also gets you used to accepting slower loss at times but looking at the bigger picture.
SarahJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:53 AM   #33  

I have managed to loose a Stone and a half in 8 weeks, I am now experiencing griping stomach pains, has anyone else had this or am I a freak LOL. Well done to all above, it's so good to have this support and know that their are tohers out there.

Last edited by Laineyt75; 10-02-2007 at 05:54 AM.
Laineyt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:22 AM   #34  

Lainey

My loss on Xenical is about the same as yours (21lb) in 9 weeks. Last couple of days I have had some tummy problems (constipation and wind). However I was away at the weekend so my normal eating pattern was altered (although still on plan) plus I had alcohol for the first time since taking the Xenical. Yesterday evening my constipation resolved itself in a fairly dramatic fashion but I'm still not that comfortable in the tummy department today. Hope this is just a 'blip' and things will settle back to normal.

Kitty
Old 10-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #35  

I had constipation a few weeks in too and there is a Xenical support board that I read where a lot of people have had the same thing. Nearly all of us have been given the advice to take a look at our fat grams and that we may need to up them a bit (since most of us go super strict right away). Sounds gross but sometimes you need things to stay a little bit 'lubed'. So, it you are very low under the 40 gram limit think about upping it. The Xenical people told me not to go bellow 20 grams.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:06 AM   #36  

My tummy is still not 100%, I was also bunged up, however, I had a slice of my daughters birthday cake and my god, i am no longer, I am constantly looking at amounts of fat, my hubbie says that i am becoming a bit obsessive about it all. I am sure if he was on xenical then he would understand.
Laineyt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:20 AM   #37  

We need to be a tad obsessive at first but soon enough you will just have a feel for it. The harder times are when things slow down a bit. Watch your calories too and it should stay moving in the right direction.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #38  
v

S/C/G: 94/87/55

Height: 5"1

Smile

hi all. sorry been away for a while, computer problem. its great every body is doing very well. well done. i went to see my GP last thursday and got weighed and so far i've lost 7kgs. yaye. am still watchin wat i eat. the problem i've had is that i can't do a weight tracker. i've tried so many times but i can't do it. can somebody tell me how to do it plz. keep going guys.
butterflykim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:43 AM   #39  
v

hi again. can someone plz tell me how many calories should i consume in a day to speed the weight loss. thanks.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #40  

That depends on your size at the moment and nobody actually told me but I am 261 pounds as of my last weigh in and I notice that I loose if I keep to under 2000 calories a day. Though most of the time I try to keep closer to 1500 and end up at about 1800.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:48 PM   #41  
v

hi sarahjayne. thanks for the advice.i'll try and count the calories i eat. its hard......... but i've got to try. i just want to get slimmer. want to surprise all my family that i can do it this time. fingers crossed.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:52 PM   #42  
v

does anyone think that weekly weighing is any good while on xenical?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #43  

Well, if you are already counting your fat grams it isn't that much more to count the calories. It is just a matter of getting into a habit.

I only have an official weigh in once a month so I don't take any results as official until then but I do tend to give myself a weigh at home once a week or so to see if I am on the right track. Plus, I do it right before I go to get weighed to see what the difference is between my scales and the ones at the nurse's office.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #44  

I do the same as Sarah Jayne, weight in officially once a month at my drs but check I'm going in the right direction myself, about once a week.

BTW, excellent start Butterflykim.

Kitty
Old 10-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #45  
v

hi all
well to start with i was jogging for about 20-30min a day 4 times a week. then i got a bad chest infection ended up on antibiotics. am asthmatic and now when i want to go back jogging i can't. am extremely wheezy and out of breath and cant do it anymore. i also developped bad shin splins on both my legs which are very sore . so my husband suggested steppers which i started today for 15 mins, got tired but not bad. and i also go for walks with my husband and our dog for about 1hr a day most days. do u guys think i should increase my exercises? and also can someone tell me how many litres of water should be consumed in a day?
thank u lots
kim