UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 04:10 AM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default May madness chat!

Happy May!

Happy birthday and marathon month for YP

Happy 5k month for me... *cough*

Old 05-01-2007, 04:40 AM   #2  

Hi Frus! 5K month? Whew!

Happy Birthday indeed to YP!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:15 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

I know - it'll take me the WHOLE MONTH to recover from my 5K race tomorrow!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:25 AM   #4  

This always reminds me to pay my mortgage

Veggie take care of yourself, that sounds scary.

Having one of those weeks full of things I need to take care of which are annoying. Fridge wasn't working Sunday into Monday, now it seems fine. The guy was supposed to come today, I guess I'll cancel him.

Today I just realized my car was supposed to be inspected in April...um it's now May so I have to get it done today. I will take it to creepy man on the corner who always asks if I'm married. Hopefully he can do it!!!

I have a million forms to fill out for some reimbursements from tuition for school and my gym membership. I'm always lazy doing stuff like that. But I get money so best to do it.

I have a new tenant for my parking space and forgot to send her a copy of the lease so I have to do that today.

Hopefully I'll get the majority of these done today.

Planning to run later, had a great 10k on Sunday.....hilly like I've never done before and I had a personal best. I'm thinking that the downhills saved me, I felt like I was flying down them. Then I went with friends to the bar to watch the Sox beat the Yanks...great day overall. It was chilly so I had hot chocolate with a splash of Baileys (only 1) but enough to make me feel like a nice nap when I got home.

Ok I'm rambling time to get ready to go see creepy car guy..have a great day all.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:55 AM   #5  

I've been for my 2nd ECG I no like it! I don't like having to wear a gown.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #6  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Veggie Aren't those gowns horrid? You take it easy my woman and feel better soon.

Helen? is it today? Your walk sounded long but interesting... bit scary walking at night on those moors though I reckon, I'd have been a right wet willy, imagining the werewolf coming out :scared:

Frus, keep an eye on the knee, your picnic sounded fun. Good luck with the flat hunting

RSG...I was telling my hubs about you renting out your parking space, that's a good idea. Where we are here, everywhere you look there's a boat in someone's front garden, some of the boats are huge, must cost hundreds of thousands, and the houses they're parked in front of are liitle shacks... hubs found out, people rent their driveways out for the boats, cheaper than the marina's around here...so that's why they don't go together...too funny. We actually now have a small-ish boat in our front garden, a chap at work gave it to J. It needs fixing up, so that's his new project.

Peacock... hope you got the fridges sorted, sounds like a lot of galivanting about you did

Hannah and I went shopping on Saturday, we were out for over five hours and had a really good time buying loads of stuff, mainly for her, although I picked up a few tee shirts and a pair of summery pajama's in the hope that one day it will be warm enough to wear them.

She did really well, no panic attacks or anything, I believe we're on the mend there.

Sarah, the orchard allotment sounds nice. Hope it works out for you and hubs. You'll be selling all your produce before long and living off the land, you could star in the "Good Life" and be like Felicity Kendell

I've been busy at work, have another extra shift now as one of our girls has moved on to another job. Hannah and I did a CPR class on Sunday, it was fun although I couldn't get the dummy's chest to rise when I did mouth to mouth, his trach had come apart...no wonder I was turning blue myself....the air was going nowhere. We learnt how to use a defib machine too, they're quite scary, but it does talk you through everything, and they have saved so many lives.

Well I must go and wash my floors, they're disgusting AGAIN! See you all tomorrow... Happy May Day.... anyone do a maypole dance? Anyone do a bit of Morris dancing?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:34 AM   #7  
aka Superwoman!

Oh darn - I knew I forgot the may pole! Does dancing round the dojo count? I didn't wear any bells though, or wave any hankies in the air, or clash sticks. I used to like morris dancing

Since we're moving house we're not planting the grow bags and we're going to put the strawberry plants in bigger pots and I'm going to bring them to work and grow them in the little atrium that's like a greenhouse! Free strawberries at work Better than the £2.99 I've just paid for a punnet, but I do them

I'm getting a handle back on my eating after a horrid bingey weekend and Monday and some of Tuesday was a little wobbly, but I think I'm getting there again!
Old 05-02-2007, 03:49 AM   #8  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Chris - No, it's not today (or yesterday) - it's right at the end of the month, but that still makes May birthday month with something to look forward to

I had another early night last night, and I'm feeling a lot better. Hopefully I'll be up for 12 miles after work tonight.

I'm currently getting stressed about the weekend. I'm going down to Cardiff via Bristol. First of all I found out that there aren't any direct trains from Bristol Temple Meads to Cardiff over the weekend presumably because of engineering work (sorted that out by booking on the coach rather than faffing around getting to the station where the trains do run from), then I found out that the last bus back to town from the airport on Monday is at 7.25 and my flight lands at 7.35. Gah. I thought they were meant to be encouraging people to use public transport?
Old 05-02-2007, 04:35 AM   #9  

Oh YP1 - I hope you get your transport sorted out!

I always forget about weekend engineering (sometimes they trick me and do it on a weekday). I hate any kind of change so when I have to go via another route even if it means getting a bus instead/different train, I take it personally!!! Although it is sometimes nice to take a different route ( I say this after I have 'steamed').

Departmental Frenchy came back from a visit to Frogland with a nice choccie for me - well, ok it was a beautifully packaged chocolate tortoise/turtle thing with choccies inside it's shell. Yum yum slurp slurp. Sorry girls these are not for sharing!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:37 AM   #10  

BritNJ - Morris dancing??!!! One thing not to be proud of being British for.

I remember about 10 years ago when I lived in East Dulwich - some appeared at a pub. THey were blacked up (apparently this is a tradition) . I dunno what multi cultural East Dulwich made of that........If they had come to Peckham they would have been run out of town - or worse!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:05 AM   #11  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

G'morning, everyone! I am exhausted. I must have a super immune system or something because I'm the only one who hasn't got/had the awful cold going around. (Now I've said that I'll probably get it just in time for the long weekend!!!)

VEGGIE..... You take care of yourself otherwise I'll come over there to make sure that you do! Seriously, though, if you need anything please let me know and please, please, PLEASE let us/me know how you are getting along cos I'm worried about you!!!!! Have they given you any reason why it might have shot up so quickly?

Peacock..... ooooohhhhhh yummy Frogland choccies.... its all down to yours for a chocie party, then????

Helen - good luck with getting your transported sorted out. Have you managed to figure out how you're going to do it yet?

Frus, I know what you mean about eating not being so good.... maybe its the boredom at work but I got attacked by a couple of Fingers of Fudge over the last couple of days.... not great cos my blood sugar level came crashing down about an hour later and I felt absolutely awful.

Chris... Hannah really does sound like she's getting better.
I love the idea of all those shacks with really flash boats moored up outside.

I love Morris dancing... all those slightly tiddly men prancing around with bells attached to their knees and all that fertility symbolism. Makes you wonder what kind of bloke signs up to do that sort of thing in the first place.... Peacock... I don't even want to begin thinking about Morris dancers in Peckham....

Arrrghhhhhhh - our allotment has been attacked by rampaging pigeons who have eaten all my lovely seedlings - then some idiot let the horse in the next allotment loose and it ate all my fruit bushes. Luckily the owner of the horse has offered to pay for the damage, even though it wasn't her fault - some (big) kids literally lifted the locked gate and gate posts up out of the ground to let the horse loose on purpose. Idiots. Probably the same ones that ride around the village on illegal motorbikes with no crash helmets or other kind of protective clothing.

I've done a little research (i.e. had a conversation with someone who keeps chickens) and the best type of chook for me is called a Black Rock - apparently it is a good layer, no record of salmonella and doesn't get broody! Anyway.... I'd prefer to buy chicks rather than eggs - so I just Googled 'Black Rock Chicks' .... and didn't get quite the results I was expecting. I forgot that there are two ways of looking at that phrase... there's the way I thought of it 'Black-Rock Chicks' or theres 'Black Rock-Chicks'. Its amazing what you find on the internet.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Gpod morning to you all

My day off so of course I've just had my usual fried egg on toast.

Mind you I wasn't supposed to be off today, I got my days confused I was off tomorrow but in my head it was today so my boss rang me this morning. She said not to worry and to take today off confusing eh.

I have loads of stuff to do in the house as usual but I feel tired this morning due to my dreaming again last night. I don't have nightmares or anything particularly scary just situations really that I find myself in all very weird, but it leaves me exhausted the next day. I am for the sleep clinic me thinks oh but I would hate anyone to see me snoring and dribbing oh the absolute shame of it all.

Didn't gym last night Mandy, Ken and I had a long walk. Ken was going bonkers he loves rolling in the dust and grass he is such a cutie.

Veggie how are you feeling today?

Chris great news about Hannah. Panic attacks are just the scariest thing I suffered from them in my early 20's. Your day sounded lovely.

Helen hope you can sort out the trains what a nightmare though. Nearly your birthday again and mine too how time flies.

Frus I'm like you just about sorting my eating out.

Sarah what a downer about the seedlings. Bit like that scene out of the Yearling oh dear god how sad is that film.

Hello Redsoxgirl I havent had a Baileys in ages you have put the thought in my head now.

Peacock you big tease that choccy sounds yummy.

Right I must go and do some stuff around the house.

Have a good day

Michele
Old 05-02-2007, 08:16 AM   #13  

My mistake - the choccie was a beetle (with very obvious 8 legs!) not a tortoise/turtle who don't have that many legs! even in Frogland!

Sarah Ann - those blasted pigeons! Can you get netting or something - CD's tied onto something are meant to scare them or those little foil things from 'Aunt Bessie's 'little yorkshire puds? xThose flying rats love purple sprouting broccoli you know.

Mind you after seeing a programme about locusts in West Africa I am grateful we don't live there. Imagine your livelihood being munched in one hour by those pests.

I am looking forward to the Bank Holiday - I will try to sort my room out - I really have to deal with my clothes.

Hi Miche! I know what you mean about sleep clinic - the thought of a bunch of people giggling over me slobbering and snoring - ugh! When I am really tired I sleep with my arse in the air (like I did as a child) and my face in the pillow - and wake up to a drool ridden pillow. Sexy huh? I have to fight 'em off with sticks you know!!
Old 05-02-2007, 08:39 AM   #14  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Yes, we're going to invest in some netting - going to have to replace the cauliflower seedlings as well. The woman with the horse is replacing/giving us the money for the stuff ruined by the horse but its spurred us on (like the pun???) to get the track end properly secured with fencing and a gate. I feel sorry for the woman with the horse, she thinks its some sort of vendetta thing because this apparently happens on a regular basis - she just doesn't know who she's upset. Must be horrible.

I woke myself up on a train once ... I had my head wedged in the corner between the backrest and the window with my mouth wide open, snoring and drooling (lovely!) I actually got back in to my head sort of mid-snore so I kept my eyes closed, shut my mouth and decided to stay on the train right everyone else got off at Holborn Viaduct (I was supposed to get off the stop before) when they'd all gone I sneaked off the train with a very red face.

A chocolate beetle.... mmmmmmmmm .... there is some country somewhere or other where they sell chocolate covered beetles as a delicacy (or is it delicasy?) ... eeeewwwwwwwwwwww
Old 05-02-2007, 05:38 PM   #15  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Yay! I really didn't want to run tonight, but went out and did 12.7 miles with running club. It was actually a really nice route, and I guess it means I'm officially recovered from Sunday.

I got the written job offer through too, but I think I'm too tired to read it properly tonight.
Closed Thread