UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 04:30 AM   #76  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Just a quick post... due to my eBay selling I get a HUGE number of spoof, spam and other unpleasant emails... this morning I have received a couple of what I personally consider to be the sickest yet - emails purporting to be from family members of Maddy, the little English girl who has disappeared in Portugal. These emails ask for financial assistance to help find her but I did some checking and they are not from her family or anyone else authorised to collect funds in this way on their behalf. If you get any of these don't send a donation, instead you can report them using the information at: http://www.met.police.uk/fraudalert/...et_headers.htm

Anyway... time to go.... its lovely having guests but I'm not used to children living in the house - or accompanying me on my early morning walks. Shame about the weather, we'd planned to go to the seaside today but we're going shopping instead.

Last edited by Sarah Ann; 05-12-2007 at 05:12 AM.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:32 AM   #77  

SarahAnn - that was well sick. We had one come round that claimed someone had ordered hitmen to come round and murder your entire family unless you paid a substantial amount. However I know you are all sensible ladies (most of the time, he he) so I didn't bother passing it on.

Miche - send those hair things back right now woman! Maybe get them from somewhere else? I got my ister in Law's from Argos - cannot rmeember the make - one of the 'hair' cutter people. That was years ago and she is still using it.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:39 PM   #78  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

That's really nasty about that email. People who do that sort of stuff really wind me up.

I've had a really nice day so far. I went to the Proper Bike Shop and put a deposit on a bike. It's within my budget, and comes with mudguards and a panier rack and all sorts of useful commuting type stuff. I get to pick it up next Saturday, but I don't know whether I'll be able to ride it for a few weeks because the last thing I want to do the week before the marathon is do anything different and fatigue muscles I don't normally use. I might just have a couple of short rides round the local area to get used to it but not commute on it, then get into that when I get home.

Then I went to my favourite restaurant for lunch. I had their two course lunch special and managed to leave some of the olives, pitta bread and rice. Even though there was only one of me, the sides seemed to come out in two person servings, so I just ate as much as I felt I needed without feeling the need to finish it all. Lovely.

Then to the rugby, my team were playing away at leeds which is more like a home game for me. Even better, we knocked them out of the cup so I'm a happy bunny.

Now back home, cooking myself a baked potato and hopefully having an early and sober night before my half in the morning. I'll leave my celebration of a fantastic win for after the race I think.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:13 AM   #79  
Consistency + Balance

Heavens, its quiet around here!!!

Helen... congratulations on your bike. The biggest problem I found was getting cramp in my rear end - all to do with the seat - which resolved after getting one more suited to my needs. Those narrow ones are agony.

So funny... George is on a veg diet - he gets half his normal dog food mixed in with a huge bowl of plain green veg with some carrot - anyway, yesterday at dinner one of my little guests who'd earlier helped me feed the dogs then declared to the whole table that we were eating dog food because we were having carrots, cauliflower and greens with our roast chicken.

We're going to the seaside today - hopefully the weather will hold good until at least mid afternoon The dogs are getting very edgy without their normal long morning walk but the littlies insist on coming with me and they just can't manage the distance. Oh... SWEEEEETTTTT.... I found Ellie and the littlest littlie cuddled up and fast asleep together on Ellie's bed this morning. I'm going to have to see if I can get my camera going again.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:02 PM   #80  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

1:45 in my half today. Not a PB but pretty much what I'd targetted (it is a harder route than my PB of 1:43). I've heard a rumour that we might have won the women's team prize, but I can't find the results to check (a) whether it's true and (b) whether I was a scorer. Fingers crossed I've actually won something!!!!

I drank a little too much in the pub after the race though...
Old 05-14-2007, 03:51 AM   #81  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello!

We've found a place - it's a hovel with a mezzanine bed aka bunk. It's pretty nice actually but it's tiny. I am getting stressed about clearing out all my junk. However I have been doing some junk clearing on Saturday and most of the cwap in the house we don't even use so I'm not too bothered.

Yesterday DH had to go to Shrewsbury for work. He wanted me to come with, but I didn't really want to. I told him on Sat that I'd rather not but he got all pouty so I said I'd go. I thought I might be in for a nice meal out and a bit of shopping. 4 hours on the train later and it's p'ing rain, it's Sunday and obviously Shrewsbury doesn't open on Sunday. All the high-streety chains were open but the little interesting shops were all closed. I went to Waterstones and bought myself 3 books on DH's credit card, then sat in Costa for an hour with a luke warm "hot" chocolate and marshmallows. Then they close and DH still wasn't finished, so I went to McD's because it was the ONLY place in the town open. I had a McTea and read my book some more. Then we sulked off home. Waste of a day, apart from my new books

I bought strawberry tarts in M&S to cheer us up on the way home - Dh and I were both soaked through from walking around in the rain. At least he is getting paid for his Sunday

I've got my penultimate kiddies class tonight and at lunch I am aiming for a 4 mile run. Unfortunately it's raining so my new pink shoes will get wet. Huff! At least I took a picture before I need to wear them in the rain!

Old 05-14-2007, 04:52 AM   #82  

Frus - Ooooh pink shoes! They are definately pink!!!!
Sorry you didn't enjoy your day out. I was supposed to meet my book club at a local park in the cafe but my friend rang (while I was watching Eurovision or Eastern European block voting as I like to call it now- mind you I don't feel too guilty cos she was listening to it on the radio!!!) and said most of them aren't coming as ill/overworked so it'll be just me coming to her's instead.

Fine by me. We didn't discuss the book was had read (1,00 years of prayers) as we had already read it ages before the others and had already discussed it with each other. We discusssed the one we are reading at the moment which is not called Anatomy of a murder by Jeb something but I cannot remember the title!!!!! It is about Freud and Jung going to America and there are murders happening around them. I am enjoying it a lot, my friend not so much.

Sarah Ann - did you get to the seaside? Where? Did the doggies have a good time??
Old 05-14-2007, 06:35 AM   #83  
Consistency + Balance

Ooohhhhhh - Frus - I those shoes. How miserable about your Sunday.... Men!

Where's your new home going to be - further in to town?? You're going to have to explain.... what is a mezzanine bed? (Sorry - I know you said a bunk but I can't imagine a double bunk??????)

Peacock... yes, we made it to the seaside - Cleethorpes - it was very funny, by the time we got there the rain was absolutely hammering down but the kids wanted to go to the beach to watch the dogs swim... got there, opened the dogs' door, they took one look at the rain and refused to get out. So there we were, like a bunch of idiots, running around on the beach in the rain trying to show the dogs that we were having such a great time that they ought to get out and join in. They didn't.

I've never met such tidy little girls - they put away everything! I think at home they don't have things left out on flat surfaces because things have been disappearing ... remote controls, ornaments, mobile phones, keys, wallets .... its been 'interesting' trying to discover where they thought was the appropriate home for the missing bits and pieces. I found the TV remote control in the fridge.

Its still raining but my guests were **** bent on going to Alton Towers today (in fact, hopefully, they should be there by now) and they are stopping off to have dinner with some old friends on the way back so I've got a quiet day. that the rain stops and I can get some gardening (allotmenting?) done. Did I mention that I'm going to put my name down for a second one? If we get it (and thats a BIG if) then the plan is to divide it in to two and at one end plant ourselves half a dozen or so fruit trees (cherries, pears, nectarines, plums, figs and some kind of nut) and then keep chickens running around under the trees. At the other end we'll put up a 12ft x 12ft soft fruit cage - we've got the makings of it already so we only need the netting. DH says that if there is any leftover fruit he'll get back to making fruit wines again.

I didn't bother watching the Eurovision Song Contest.... we did flick on to it half way through and saw someone who looked like Timmy Mallet dressed in bacofoil rushing round the stage in circles - and decided pretty quickly that maybe it wasn't really for us..... I don't think it was any great surprise that we didn't win - our entry was pretty awful and, even if it had been wonderful, the voting is all so politically motivated now.

Peacock, you'll have to let me know the full title of the book you're reading - I really enjoyed The Time Travellers Wife which you recommended.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:55 AM   #84  

SarahAnn - here is the book title

Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Interpretati...9140010&sr=1-1

I would have loved to have seen you rushing about in the rain trying to convince the dogs it was lovely on the beach!
Old 05-14-2007, 07:09 AM   #85  
Consistency + Balance

Peacock - Thanks for the link - I've added it to my Amazon Wish List.

Hmmmm.... the silly thing was they were all sitting absolutely bolt upright in the car carefully watching us all rushing around like idiots. I'd love to know what was going through their minds.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:16 AM   #86  
aka Superwoman!

We're moving to a road called Frognal. It's just off the Finchley Road opposite Finchley Road and Frognal station.

The mezzanine bed is a bunk bed really! It's a double bunk. http://www.findaproperty.com/display...&agentid=01946 there is NO OVEN in this place. I only realised 4 hours after we'd put a deposit on it!
Old 05-14-2007, 07:47 AM   #87  
Consistency + Balance

Small but perfectly formed (except for the oven shortage). You'll have to get yourself a really, really good microwave cook book.

Goodness isn't London EXPENSIVE now!!!!! I mean it was never cheap that that rent is absolutely mind boggling. I used to live about 5 mins from there - Goldhurst Terrace - dunno if its still there but there used to be a lovely Waitrose on the opposite corner to Finchley Road underground station. The man I sort of part time lived with lived in Sumpter Close - opposite the station.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:11 AM   #88  

2 frus - you could get a table top cooker (mind you the microwave would be in the way then. But these are electric so by the time it has got heated up - you will have eaten the contents of the fridge - raw. I know, I used to have one! Argos do some I think- 2 hobs, a grill and an oven.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:13 AM   #89  

So, all round to frus' when she moves in!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #90  
aka Superwoman!

Yup that Waitrose is still there, there's also a Sainsbury's in the O2 centre. There's a Domino's pizza on the corner of our road and Finchley Road, so if no oven, then PIZZA!
Closed Thread