UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 05:29 AM   #1  

Cool March Chat

Hey it is March, Chicks!

I am surprised no one else has thought of it - and me with my head like cotton wool at the moment!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:51 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Oh yeah... Well I only know that it's Thursday.. And I only know it's Thursday because it's sparring tonight, and I only know it's about winter time because it's FREEZING in here!

Old 03-01-2007, 06:12 AM   #3  

Time to pay the mortgage

Dying to get back to the gym but trying to be smart about it, I haven't been this sick in forever. Yesterday I was feeling OK so I went for a long walk, I was soooo tired after so I decided no gym until spinning Friday night. I hate this though I can't sleep as well because my body wants that "after gym" total relaxed feeling....know what I mean. Now when I lay in bed my body is like "excuse me we haven't really moved today so how can we sleep again"....awful.

Oh well...could be worse, I feel stupid complaining about a cold so I'll stop whining.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:00 AM   #4  

Well I feel a bit happier that I remember it was march 1st. I did forget what floor I worked on in the lift and took ages to find the correct buttons (damn this cold!)
Old 03-01-2007, 08:18 AM   #5  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Morning all

March.. yes indeed...and so far here it's not coming in like a lion... so what does that mean? It won't go out like a lamb?

RSG and Peacock, hope your colds go away soon and you feel better

Jen, watch those legs girlie...and hope you warm up soon, my house is feeling a tad nippy this morning, might have to move that thermostat up a bit, although I hate doing it as I hate the extortion that is attatched to the bills

I muast go and step on those scales as it's challenge day, although they've prob gone up, not down, and I don't even think I have a chance at my original Easter challenge goal....I am really sucky at these challenges..can't seem to get the lose weight head on....although with my double cin, it'll prob add weight to the scale, so maybe it's best I keep it off today (picture Chris stepping on the scales in headless mode)

Ok, must get to curves...see you all later on...
Old 03-01-2007, 08:39 AM   #6  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Yeah in like a lion out like a lamb definetly here. We have some wicked weather heading this way. We're under a tornado watch.

Can't believe it's March already.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Glad your a little better Red and Peacock. Malta must seem just a distant memory now.

Your great Frus I think I need to work my body more than I do on the weights side of things.

Well its my day off I'm still sat in in vest and knickers all gormless. Eating a toasted bagel and a cup of tea. Just having a break from tidying my room.
Oh dear god it is just awful I have so much stuff. Anyway I am doing my best to organise it.

Bloody **** March already. Its almost a year since I went out for St Patricks Day and got so drunk I thought i would die the next day.

I just got on the scales and they say nine stone 12lbs. Still six pounds up from Christmas. Will I ever see nine stone six again? Yes I will I need to cop on as my father would say. Exercise is going well and I'm going to try the primark bottoms tonight and see if they stay up although they are a tad too long for my little leggies.

My little fella has been sleeping in the big fella's bed whilst he is in Spain. Big fella has Sky plus so I know that shortly the little fella will be asking for it too.
No phone call last night from Spain but I am hoping he gives us a call this evening.

I suppose I had better head back up to the bedroom and carry on sorting.

Take good care

Michele
Old 03-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Mad march has had a bit of a mad start today - Peacock be glad you only got your lift buttons mixed up, I had to do resets on the lift we have in work as 2 men got stuck in it - got them out in the end thankfully.

I've taken tomorrow off as a days holiday as I have some I have to use before the end of March - might even get to have a bit of a lie in

Just think - only another 30 days and we're a quarter of the way through the year!

Katie
Old 03-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Happy March everyone!

I've just realised that I've 2 pounds in February. Which would be good if I hadn't lost it twice in a 4 week month. Must try harder....!!!

Step tonight was AWFUL! really hard choreography (and I've only done one class since 1989 which was last week) That has blown my "you never forget how to do it theory..."

OH is now in Barcelona- Michelle- he's at the Grand Marina working on a conference- that's not where your son is is it?? It would be v mean to spy on a school trip anyway

Peacock- it wasn't like the Diet Coke ad in your lift was it. I suppose that's wishful thinking on my part

We according to my calorie counter I have eated 748 calories today and done a step class, so even with meeting my girlfriends at Nando in a bit (once my face goes down from spinning ) I should be under my idea of my calorie count. 4lbs off in March for me, please???
Old 03-02-2007, 03:55 AM   #10  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello all!

Sore and aching little Frus today, but in a kinda good way.

I'm being bullied at kickboxing. There is this guy who has been training for 12 years and is teaching and he thinks he knows it all. However I have just got my brown and white belt and he is still training for his! And for some reason he's jealous that I am getting "involved in the club" as he puts it... Well duh, I'm an instructor! So anyway for some reason this guy feels threatened AND he hates women. Great combination. Anyway, so I'm sparring with him, and I haven't sparred with him for a long long long long time because the last time he sparred with me (when I was barely a beginner) he grabbed my leg and threw me on the hard floor without mats. Not something we do. Not even a proper controlled take-down. Anyway we're sparring last night, and it was a small class so I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and spar with him again and see what happens. I think Lee has had a word because he wasn't actually attacking, just defending my blows and BOY was that boring. Espescially since I have progressed from one hit, back off, one kick, back off. So after a while of single blows I decided to step in and work his body and he was SO mad that I was actually hitting him! So anyway, after I step out and carry on kicking, he grabs my leg and puts me on the floor. THEN he says I need to show some control FUME Steam coming out of my ears, makes me even more mad, makes me want to hit him harder.... So we carry on and after I've done some more body work on him he stops and says, "You need to show some control alright? You need to be slow and controlled. Either you show some control or we don't spar. Give me a sign that you understand!!!!!" WTF I need to show control??? ME? and where does he get off talking to me like I'm a ******? Anyway, so I shrug and say, "Spar." Because Lee has told me to ignore what he says and just carry on practicing like I need to. So I'm sparring with him again and come in close and he grabs my leg again, and before I have time to react, or hit him or kick him, he walks backwards and pulls me onto the floor. AGAIN. Fortunately time was called shortly after and I unfortunately I didn't get to kill him. I think this happened because Lee wasn't there - it was his daughter's birthday. And Dipsh*t, sorry Dilip, thinks he's in charge, when he clearly wasn't.

So I got home all angry and sobby and ranted at DH. Bless and I just needed to get it all out and DH says that I should say to Dilip, "Could you not take me down every time we spar?" Yeah, cos that's the problem. Problem is that Dilip has a problem with me. I saw him grab other people's legs and not take them down. I just think if I answered him back when Dilip was ranting at me I just lower myself to his level. If I hit him back hard, or fight dirty like him, I'm just lowering myself to his level. And I don't want to ring Lee and go telling on him but I think he has to know. DH says Dilip will respect me less if I tell on him by talking to Lee. I say that Dilip already has no respect for me and I don't want to lower myself to his level by answering him back or playing dirty.

GAH!

But APART from that it's all good! IE is going well, the scales are behaving and I haven't found the need to eat chocolate or much ice cream!!! I wanted to eat a big chocolate bar last night 'cos of Dilip, but then he would've won wouldn't he??? So I didn't! HA!

Oh I'm going to see Kylie (Kykaree) tonight and her Fiance. So any messages I can freely pass on
Old 03-02-2007, 05:37 AM   #11  

Default Sounds like the idiot has a real problem.

Probably best to ignore him and not spar with him or do anything with him. He is the one with the problem. He is so not worth a chocolate bar!
Old 03-02-2007, 05:41 AM   #12  

What a complete wanker he wounds Frus.

Say hello to Kykaree from me and wish her well.

Michele
Old 03-02-2007, 07:11 AM   #13  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Ooh say hello to Kylie!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:27 AM   #14  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Poor Frus, that nasty bit of work sounds right hohrrid... I don't like him. Next time you spar give hims a kick in the shins from me...or bite him or something...well done on not letting him make you eat that choc bar, that is restrain my woman

Please say hi to Kylie for me, hope she's doing wonderful, we miss her.

Good Lord, the tornado's going through this country have been horrific yesterday and the warnings out are rather scary with this weather. We have rain at the moment, supposed to get windy later on though, but apparently above freezing which will be nice.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:56 AM   #15  

Hello everyone

Clare my boy is just outside Barcelona I think. He telephoned again last night and this afternoon we are heading off to Stansted to pick him up can't wait. Would have been great to spy on them though!!!!

I saw that terrible tornado in Alabama Chris how sad it was. Stay indoors and keep warm.

No real plans for this weekend apart from Conor's washing!!

Just rang my father as I hadn't seen my parents for two days . Anyways I rings up and he says in his Kerry voice "do I know you girl"!! Oh what a larfffffffff my father is eh. He was due to have a colonoscopy on March 6th but he says he isn't up to it so I cancelled it for him. Apart from that though
he seems to be doing ok still frail but still hitting the guiness now the side affects of the radiotherapy seem to have worn off.

Take good care

Michele
Closed Thread