UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 02:43 AM   #1  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Default Easter Chicks Weigh In Thread - End of Week 3

Here we go again - weigh in day!

I managed to only lose one pound this week - its the last pound of the Christmas lard so I'm very happy to wave it goodbye. I must remember this post-Chrimbo struggle next year and be more careful about the festive cheese 'n' choccie (not together, of course!)

I'm going back up to 1500 cals this week, I think its trying to exist on 1200 cals which is making me get attacks of the munchies in the evenings - something that never really bothered me when I ate more calories during the day. (Thats my excuse, anyway!!)

If I were a diet teacher marking my diet school report I would put:
'Sarah has learned a lot about dieting and nutrition but doesn't put it in to practice. She must try harder'.

How's everyone else doing diet and weight-wise - and what would your fictional diet teacher put on your diet school report???

Old 01-25-2007, 03:40 AM   #2  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I'll join you in announcing that the Christmas lard is now GONE. I'm down to 152.5, which is pretty much where I was in December.

I think my report would be along the lines of "Generally good and does enough. Knows she could try even harder but doesn't want to put the extra effort in".

My eating is pretty good, but there are a couple of bad habits still there which I know about, and could dump, but because of my mileage at the moment I have some leeway to leave them untackled.

I've got some nice milestones coming up now. If I get there. 150 is 110lb lost, 149 is into the 140s, and 148 is a nice round 8 stone. I'm not going to kill myself getting there, but it would be nice to see them tick by.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:19 AM   #3  

hi, im now down to 209 lbs. i started this challenge at about 217. i have been very motivated, the only time i have been tempted was walking past a subway the other day - the smell of the bread was yum. luckily i didnt have any money on me. my main problem has been jumping on the scales too often. i find that there has been a 2 -3 lbs fluctuation which can be very disheartening. im going to try to stick to thursdays. mad
Old 01-25-2007, 05:38 AM   #4  

grrrrrrrrr Y do i do it.... been eating lots of chocholate this week.... back up 3lb... oh & i just remembered crisps & rich hungarian food at jens brothers

need to get my head in the right place again... i did it before.. just banned all chocholate as i cant be trusted!... so as of today (havent had b'fast yet) going to be writing everything down.....
i think im board now .... waiting to start work .. ive done most of the house clean... so now just been mooching about....
but ive had really massive chocholate cravings.. duno why.. not TOM... but i think once i have one bit thats it... sets me off..

dont think ive been drinking enough either ... so think theres a bit of water hanging about.. so its prob not sooo bad.... but enough

right off to have a gd b'fast... got some porridge oats... from the food dr...
with a bit of fruit on i thinks....

hope everyone has been more controlled than me.. !!...

"School report"- must try harder... she knows what to do but isnt putting the effort it.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:54 AM   #5  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Up 2.25lbs

I'm back up to 12stone 9lbs!!!!!

that it's water retention from the antibiotics and not flard!

I actually did my calliper reading's this morning and I'm 20% BF, which is a little lower than the last time I did them I think But I'm happy with 20% - maybe I've put some muscle on doing squats but I do feel a smidge flabby.

So hoping it'll come back off next week and a little bit more too. I've eaten all the chocolate nearly but I've got the 'rents coming for the weekend. MUST NOT EAT OUT. MUST NOT EAT OUT.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:46 AM   #6  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

I never know when to post on this thread because the weigh day is Thursday and my official weigh day is a Monday .

Anyway, this Monday just gone I was down 2.4 lbs! I'm having my bi yearly meeting with my supervisor at the gym today to do measurements/body fat etc. so I'm hoping I will have good news to report tomorrow.

Oops just looked at the clock, going to be late for work.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:12 AM   #7  

My diet teacher would have wrapped me over the knuckles!!!

I scarfed down a whole pack of jaffa cakes yesterday. I always eat more in the cold weather. I am almost through a pack of rich tea biscuits while eating my freezing cold salad! Well the biccies do go so well with a cuppa. Why do I do it??! It was so cold yesterday at my AGM meeting I HAD to have a brandy!

Never mind , off with the girls to Pizza Express tomorrow for some laughs. I bet I won't stick to salad then either!
Old 01-25-2007, 08:33 AM   #8  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Diet teacher " Sandra is not even trying. She knows what she needs to do"

I'm up 5lbs

Hopefully next week will be better.

ps I'm going to a pot luck at lunchtime for a birthday.Will be careful.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #9  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

CG - Oh dear! BIG, BIG

Do you think it might be your medication?
Old 01-25-2007, 09:45 AM   #10  
One pound at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann View Post
CG - Oh dear! BIG, BIG

Do you think it might be your medication?
I wish I could blame the medication. I finished the steroids and have gained the weight back that I lost when I was on them.

I've been eating a lot the past week
Old 01-25-2007, 09:46 AM   #11  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

CG - that's got to be water retention, or medication or something. You didn't sleepwalk into McDonalds and go mad did you?
Old 01-25-2007, 09:50 AM   #12  
One pound at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynneA View Post
CG - that's got to be water retention, or medication or something. You didn't sleepwalk into McDonalds and go mad did you?
No McDonald's but we ate out a lot at the weekend and I had indian buffet on monday. Plus I ate a lot of chocolate Thursday and Friday. I'm really good at gaining.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:50 AM   #13  

Perhaps the medication is not out your system yet? I think these things take a while to go.

MY Diet Teacher would have to put me in detention. After yakking on about eating no milk chocolate (jaffa cakes don't count, anyway aren't they dark chocolate?) I then go and have a highlights bar and a flyte bar. Well they are marketed as low fat/low cal anyway. Back of the class with a dunce's cap on it for me.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:52 AM   #14  
csiaddict71

S/C/G: 218.6/201.7/161

Height: 5ft 6ins

I too weigh in on a Monday and was down 3.1lbs this week. I don't hold out much hope for this week though. I'm a freelance cake designer and pastry chef and I've been exceptionally busy with work for the last few days, and it won't stop until Sunday. A shameful amount of fondant, buttercream and cake trimmings have wound up in my mouth - bad, bad, bad :-(.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:52 AM   #15  
One pound at a time.

I've been sent to the headmistress.
Closed Thread