Old 12-26-2004, 09:49 PM   #16  
Born Looser :)

thanks,.. i have heard of some places being for jut women or just men.. lol i think i might check it out after the first.. there is one like 5 min walk from here.. that would be cool to walk there an back..hmmm add a smal work out along the way
LisaMarie1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 10:47 PM   #17  

the chapter i used to belong to was about five minutes from where i live. unfortunately, that chapter folded. i joined another chapter near one of the places i work at.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:26 PM   #18  

Hi all...I joined TOPS three weeks ago, and have lost 13 pounds so far.
I just watch my fat intake. If I had to count calories, I'd go crazy.
I've been the weekly winner (loser) at our TOPS chapter every week that I've gone. I love the encouragment and the fact that I have to weigh in every week.
hummerisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 01:48 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 340/332/200

Height: 5 foot 7

hi alll. i jopined tops 2 weeks ago. i have lost over 9lbs with it so far. i was doing great. untill i ate a whole pack of cookies today

i love the meetings and really look forward to them. just wanted to say hi to you all.
hugemomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #20  

welcome to tops and nice to meet you. been in tops for 39 years so its my life. just graduated as a KOPS last week. so fun and loved it.. so good luck to you. you are starting out with great losses. and winners. good for you. glad you like tops. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 03:26 PM   #21  

Hi my name is Mattie and I just found this site on the web. I was a member of TOPS for awhile and I lost 35 pounds. Then I quit and put it all back on over 5 years. I've been thinking of joining again because the support with TOPS is wonderful and it's a lot of fun. I would highly recommend it.
Mom-n-More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 11:41 PM   #22  

Hi nice to meet you. glad you found the board. alot of nice people and so very helpful here. be sure and join a group. its fun. been a member for 39 years and its my life. have a good week and good luck on finding a group. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 01:01 PM   #23  

Hi everyone. I joined TOPS last fall. You really must go to a couple of meetings with different groups. The groups are made up of all different ages and genders. Mostly women. We have a young married couple who just joined and both of them are going to have gastric bypass surgery. The girl had hers a couple of weeks age and her husband is going to have his in a few weeks. They joined because they will need support. It is interesting to all the rest of us because we have never known anyone on such a personal level before who has had by pass surgery. It is very interesting to hear all of what they have to go threw before and after the surgery. I also went to Weight Watchers several times. I didn't do well there. I don't seem to do well anywhere. The personal attention you receive from the other members before and during the meetings is something I never received from WW.
Marystoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:34 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

Default Hello Mary

Hi and welcome to the Tops thread..... I know what you mean about the support of your "Tops" family, it is truly wonderful and so is this forum. I am a newer member on this thread and I look forward to reading the posts as often as I can. I just took the office of co- leader and will need guidance along the way ...and some of the girls here are very experienced and give wonderful suggestions..... So welcome ... and hope you have a wonderful day... Indiacatz/Barb
Indiacatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #25  
Future Goddess

Talking

Hello Everyone!!

Im pretty new here, but I wanted to come in and say hi to my fellow TOPS friends! I joined TOPS in December 04 and I have had such a great time going to the meetings... and I had a totally amazing time at SRD! Our group is mainly older ladies, but they are all so very supportive, and they tell my friend and I that they are happy we came and brought some youth to the group. I really believe that joining TOPS was one of the best things I could have ever done for myself, it keeps me accountable and inspires me to do better. Since I have started, I have almost lost 30 pounds!

Tonight is our meeting night, and since aunt flo showed up today Im expecting a big gain...plus, this week I havent been doing so well with my eating either. But Im reading my Dr Phil book again, and Im recommiting myself to doing better (like I was when I first started!) so hopefully by the end of summer I can make it to my first big mini-goal!

Oh... and since the bingo thing was brought up, I just wanted to mention the bingo type game we played with our group... It was called "dieto" and it was just a big bingo looking card with pound numbers in the squares... some had 1 pound, some had 1/4th, some had 2, some had 1/2 and so forth. When you weighed in, you could stamp over your squares of how much you lost. Like if someone lost 2 1/2 pounds, then they could stamp off a 2 and a 1/2 or two 1/4 blocks. There were also 3 turtle squares too. By the time someone won, they would have lost 18 pounds total. It was pretty fun. My only suggestion would be to make it a 10 pound loss because after a while, people kind of lost intrest. I had a lot of fun with it... and I won the totebag prize!

Anyway... once again, just thought I would come say hi! Im looking forward to getting to know all of you guys!
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:52 PM   #26  
hara hachi bu

Default yay, TOPS!

It's so fun for me to hear others' experiences in their groups. My group is small; only five people. My friend and I joined at the same time about six months ago, so the group size almost doubled with us there. The group is pretty informal about activities and topics or "rap sessions", but I think they would be open to new ideas. I might suggest we try a bingo game!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:03 AM   #27  

it's been such a long time since i've received anything from this message board. i was surprised to see a message from 3fatchicks in my e-mail box this morning!
Old 10-26-2005, 03:03 PM   #28  
One day at a time

I was wondering what TOPS was.. I went to their site and found there is a meeting every Thur 5 mins from my house! I'm going to give the lady that runs it a call and see if I can talk my mom into going with my tomorrow!! YAY
TamLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:07 PM   #29  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

I hope to see you on here more often Let us know what you think after the meeting
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 05:07 PM   #30  

welcome to the group tamlynne! where in pa do you live? i live in ny about 45 minutes from the ny/pa border.