Old 10-24-2005, 08:34 AM   #1  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Default Thanksgiving Challenge weekly chat, menu and exercise thread 10/24-10/30

Good morning ladies

Just thought I would do something a little different this week, maybe put the 2 threads together and add chat to it so we can keep each other supported and if you dont want too you dont have to post your food or exercise and still get some motivation off of one another and well just plain out vent if you need too (We need to do that from time to time)

So far so good today, but I did alot of overeating over the weekend, so I am really looking forward to a fresh start and hope to get this 1/2 pound off by Thursday night to hit status FINALLY We shall see....

B- 1 slice lite ww bread and 3 tbls gravy
L- turkey breast sandwich on 2 slices lite whole wheat bread and mustard
s- apple
S- not sure it is at the mother in laws
s- none unless starving

Exercise- riding the recumbant bike for 20 minutes and sit ups

5 more weeks to Thanksgiving ladies....WE CAN DO IT!!!!

Last edited by Christian; 10-24-2005 at 10:00 AM.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:48 AM   #2  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Trying to Stay Motivated

Thanks, Christian,

I got on my bathroom scale this am, and it looks like I might have stayed the same or gained slightly. I stayed close to my calories all weekend, so maybe it's just a plateau. I may need some support if I did gain a little. I know I can't have a big loss every week, but it's hard to stay on -track. Weigh-in at TOPs tonight. Did you see the photo I posted of our TOPs group in the Gallery Section?

Have a good week everyone!
lynard21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:04 AM   #3  
Losing on the Beach

Lyn- Yes I saw the pics, looked like you ladies had a blast that day
I know how it feels to need support when you gain or even turtle, especially when you have done everything right....last week I was just postitive that I hit my goal and when I didnt well lets just say this past weekend wasnt pretty I am here for you! Keep up the great work and good luck tonight Let us know how you do...
Old 10-24-2005, 01:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

Hi.... Im rooting for you Christian, I hope you make Kops this week, if not, next week for sure... eating wise, I have been bingeing a little, seems to be my habit.. I do great for a period of time and then I go berserk,lol.. I weigh in tonite... I am not looking forward to the scales, I have not gotten on the scales at home either..... I will promise to get back to the gym this week, it should be easier now that football and volleyball are over (grandmas taxi, lol ) take care... India (geez, where is everyone else??? )
Indiacatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:28 PM   #5  
Mother Hen

Hello all, Just wanted to let all know Wilma has come and gone.Had a lot of rain last night,and a lot of wind this morning. Still have some wind but not bad. Sun is shining and you would never know weather was bad earlier. I do hear a chain saw so someone must have some limbs down. But everything is good here. I have been having some medical problems but they are slowly getting better. Unfortunately I have gained my weight back. S--- happens.
Congrats to my girl Christie. You will be a KOP again. It is a lot of pressure staying in leeway. There is no rule that says you must be a KOP. But you will be fine. Hello to all my other "daughters" I haven't been on boards but you know you are always close to my heart.
Eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:05 PM   #6  
searching 4 the real me

Good Afternoon everyone... I hope every is doing great today. I have a question for you all. I had a goal to loose 5 pounds before Thanksgiving, but my goal changed a little bit. My husband just got orders (military) that will take him out of state for 6 weeks. Is a 10pd goal for 6 weeks reasonable? My goal is still 5+ pounds by Thanksgiving but just wanted some input. Thanks everyone
ssgtswife33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:12 PM   #7  
Losing on the Beach

Welcome ssgtswife33- Yes 10 pounds is very doable They say it is safe to lose 1-2 pounds a week so that should be fine May be hard, but feel free to post as often as you need too and know that the support on this board is just awsome so we will help in any way we can. Hope to hear more from you

Mom- Glad to see you posting again...I have been praying for you and hope you are feeling better Also glad to see Wilma passed over you without lots of damage, seems to be alot of hurricanes this year Please take care of yourself and know I love ya

India- Let us know how weigh in goes, and know that we are rooting for you
Old 10-25-2005, 12:53 PM   #8  
Losing on the Beach

If I am even going to come close to losing this weight before Thursday night I am gonna have to quit sabatoging myself and get serious...this is a goal that has been in my way for years and not reaching it was just another reminder that I give up alot of times when things I want and have worked hard for are right at my finger tips....well not this time ladies, I have been on hold long enough and there are alot of things I want to acomplish and have let even my weight stop me from ....so here is my eating plan for today and exercise .................

B- 2 eggs and green tea
L- 1 slice lite ww bread and 1 oz turkey breast and 1 slice cheese and green tea
s- 3 reduced fat triscuits and 2 tbls natural peanut butter
S- 1 cup homeade chili
s- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce and green tea

exercise- walk up and down the road for 30 minutes and 20 minutes recumbant bike
Old 10-25-2005, 01:23 PM   #9  
lynard

Wink You'll Get there This time, Christian!

I just feel it in my bones!!

Rain, Rain and more rain up here in NYS. Some places are even getting snow!!!

Did 55 minutes (25 on the stepper and 30 on the elliptical)

Lyn
Old 10-25-2005, 02:09 PM   #10  
Losing on the Beach

Thanks Lyn I needed that!

Great job on your exercise! You go girl
Old 10-25-2005, 06:42 PM   #11  
Losing on the Beach

I just got in from my 30 minute walk and I am about to start my bike riding....
Anyone else gonna watch the Biggest Loser tonight?????
Old 10-25-2005, 07:55 PM   #12  
lynard

Yup, I'm just killing time while waiting for it to come on. Anything to keep me inspired!
Old 10-25-2005, 10:13 PM   #13  
Losing on the Beach

Wow!!! That is all I have to say about Pete He looked AMAZING!!!

I am way motivated to hit that goal now
Old 10-25-2005, 10:20 PM   #14  
Losing on the Beach

Oh and I cannot tell a lie I didnt get any bike riding in, but the 30 minute walk was actually very relaxing
Old 10-26-2005, 09:44 AM   #15  
Losing on the Beach

Well today is a new day Hope eveyone has a great one I will be back online soon to finish my food intake, but have to take DD to the dentist and will be eating out so I will have to fill it in a little later ....

B- 2 eggs
L- I had the choice between Sonic and Subway....and I chose to get my daughters lunch at Sonic and drove through the drivethrough at Subway so I had a 6 inch Turkey breast with no cheese and only added lettuce, tomatoe, and black olives with spicy mustard...oh and I chucked half of the 6 inch roll so that made it an even better choice
s-One cup shredded wheat and a half cup of skim milk
S- 3 oz steak, can of green beans and 2 tbls ketchup
s-

exercise- 30 minutes of walking and sit ups maybe I will add 15 more minutes of walking in if it isnt tooo cold

Last edited by Christian; 10-26-2005 at 04:55 PM.