Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2001, 09:36 AM   #1  
Working My Way Happy!

Red face

Hi Everyone,

Well I am off my binging streak now. I am starting fresh today. I am going to start a goal thread again in hopes that others join me. I haven't posted there in some time. I need to get back to that again.

Penny I am with you. I busted my butt all week and gained 2 1/4 lbs. I was so disgusted and what did I do. Eat. Like that was going to get me closer to my goal. Well today I am back on track. Yesterday I bought a box of oatmeal pies and eat 4-5 of them. Today I am giving the box away so that I won't eat anymore of them. I am vowing to have a loss this week. I am also going to try an experiment this week also. I exercised twice a day last week and gained. This week I am not going to exercise and I am going to eat only healthy things and see what happens. The last time when I couldn't exercise because of my breathing the first week I lost 3 lbs when I eat right all week and didn't exercise. So I am going to try that again. For some reason when I exercise a lot I end up gaining then I sabatoge myself in the end and ruin what I worked at all week. Why do we do this?

Anyway Wendy,

I am hoping that you are feeling better. It sounds like you really need to take the time for you and sit down and figure out what is going on in your life that is making you unhappy. When we are unhappy with our lives and ourselves we can never lose weight. I have been there. I was depressed and very unhappy about everything in my life and I really tried to lose weight and I stuck to my plan like glue and exercised every day but I kept gaining. Once I finally got happy with me and excepted myself for who I am then things started to turn around for me and I started losing weight and I was generally happy about me and my life. What a turn around and what a difference it makes. You are the most important person in your life besides your family. If you are not happy then others around you aren't going to be happy either. Execpt you for you. You are a beautiful person and you are worth getting what you set out for in this life. You can acheive anything that you set your mind to. Have a great weekend.

Penny,

Don't worry you will lose that 1/2 lb. At least it isn't as much as what I have to lose this week to make up for my gain.LOL It could have been water weight or the clothes you were wearing. My sweatshirt alone weighed 1 lb. I found that out after I had weighed in. So get back on track today and make healthy choices and don't give up. You are doing great and you will get to your goal. We both will. We can't give up. We just have to keep starting over until we finally make it. That is what I keep telling myself anyway.LOL

Eleni,

I am so sorry that you were embarrassed. Maybe you could talk to your super and find out if you could get clothes that fit you. They should be able to order them in the size you need. If you are going to be on your feet all day and in these clothes they need to be comfortable. I agree with penny. You are a great and wonderful person and you have come so far. Don't let what others think set you back. You are doing great and we all love you here. Stick with us kid and you will reach your goal. I am glad that you are able to get shoes that fit you instead of the ones that they gave you that hurt your feet. Have a great weekend and keep up the walking. Maybe you can bring your own lunch in one of those carrying cases that keep things cold. Then you wouldn't need a refrigerator. Then you would have your lunch because you said you don't get a lunch break that you have to eat when you are not busy. Then your lunch would always be there and you wouldn't have to go get it. Then you can plan for your lunch and make sure that you are eating right instead of out of a vending machine. Just a thought.

I hope you have a great weekend.

Marie,

I there it has been awhile. I know how it is. I have been very busy myself and I don't always get here everyday now either. But I really try to. It helps me a lot to get here.
Congratulations on your loss this week. That is great. It is also a great accomplishment that you are 1/2 way to your goal. You are doing such a great job. I wish my path were going as smoothly as yours is. But I plan on doing better. It sounds like we will both be at KOPS status this year sometime with a lot of hard work. Penny will be joining us also for the KOPS status.

Who else here thinks that they will reach their KOPS status this year sometime? Let me know that would be interesting to find out. Then we will all be graduating next year at the same time. I am really looking forward to that ceremony. Next year it will be right by me only 20 mins away. So I will be on that stage.

Alannah,

I hope you are having a better time now. Sorry I missed you yesterday I know that you don't have a computer at home. But I know you will read this on monday. Have a great weekend.

Sherri
Old 03-24-2001, 11:32 AM   #2  
donna p

Morning everyone! After reading all the stuff Sherri wrote I feel so inspired. I am really going to work hard this week. Also of course I start my blood pressure pills today so any extra fluid I have on me will probably start to fall off....but I also have to drink a glass of orange juice and eat a banana everyday to keep the potassium up so that will add on more points. That means keeping my crackers and cheese snacks down but that is okay . I am really going to do good this week and I hope you guys are too. Have a good weekend and Hi to all.....

Old 03-24-2001, 12:56 PM   #3  
Mother Hen

Thanks everyone.I feel better now.I am at my sisters and she is the best.She is fixing my clothes where they fit better.She totally remade the shirt.It is nice to have big sisters to help.She used to be heavy so she understands.She lost a lot thru WW and has kept it off.I am very proud of her
I am also proud of all of you.You are doing so good.You don't give up.You have bad days or even weeks but you get yourselves turned around.I am in a holding pattern.I am going to try to walk tonight but those shoes really hurt my feet and I am having problems today
Gotta go as this is my sisters computer and she only has one line Have a great weekend
Old 03-24-2001, 06:33 PM   #4  
Mother Hen

We went out to the beach for our walk.I felt so bad I didn't think I could do more than 1 time but got 3 1/2 done.In spite of kids that started laughing everytime I went by them.And the truck that told me the road wasn't big enough for both of us as he drove by.No one of my best nights.I was afraid my husband was going to say something to ones laughing but he didn't.They will get there's.
Hope everyone is ok
Summer -Thinking about you.
Gotta run again.You guys are all great and you help me so much.Thank you
Closed Thread