Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 12:25 PM   #1  
On the right path

Wink Monday 12/16

HAPPY BEGINNING TO A NEW WEEK!!!

Thought I would open us up for today..........be back soon. Getting called away!

{{{{HUGS}}}} to all my TOPS buddies!
Old 12-16-2002, 12:37 PM   #2  
Working My Way Happy!

Summer,

It is a windy, cold, blustery, snowy day here. How is everything at your end of the country?LOL Things here are fine.

Went to the dr. today for my checkup. I have to start injections. The good news is that I only have to have 2 of them. I have to have them once every 3 months for six months. This is a treatment to stop all estrogen and progesterin in my system so that the scar tissue doesn't come back and the adhesions don't come back and the cysts. The bad thing is that I can get hot flashes the good thing is that I should be pain free for the 6 months after I start the injections. They have to order them so when it comes in I will go get my first one. No babies here for awhile which is okay with me.
He did say I can start to exercise again. I have my membership on hold with curves right now. I won't get my return to exercise slip right away because I don't have the money right now to go. So I will hold off on that and start doing my tapes for toning here at home. I hope these injections work. He said he did a massive amount of repair. He said it goes from 1- 10 and he did a 10 on me. So he said my body needs time to heal and with this therapy it will give it the rest it needs. Hopefully.LOL

Nothing else going on here. I have to call and get my ad back in the paper for babysitting.

My husband had to forcefully take his uncle to the ER this morning. The one that we had put in an adult home. He was coughing up blood when he went to see him yesterday. They found out he is bleeding internally from his stomach. He could use some prayers for sure. He is having trouble breathing also. They are putting a tube down him to help him breathe I guess. Then when the tests come back hopefully they will be able to tell where the bleeding is coming from and stop it. I will update you more when I know more. Just glad he is finally getting the help he needs. I left this one to my husband to deal with.

Have a great day everyone.

Sherri
Old 12-16-2002, 12:56 PM   #3  
On the right path

...........I'm back!

Hope everyone survived the weekend. We had bright sunny weather, but need more snow. Don't know why I really WANT it since it's not one of my favorite things, but we sure NEED it, so I'll be politically correct and wish for some.

Things would have been better around here if our favorite ice cream hadn't been on sale and it kept coming into the house. Do have to admit it was good......so now I must tow the line for Wed's weigh in. Thank goodness I have TOPS to keep me staying alert and not getting tooooooo carried away, because I would. Oh, did I tell you we had a guy join last week and another [18yo] that visited, and he said he will join this week. I am so EXCITED to have guys in our group. They liven things up and put a whole different spin on weight issues! In the 10 yrs I've been in TOPS we never had our first guy until just a year ago, and now we might have 3!!!

Wendy, too bad about Brandon. DD has alot of those 'staring' seizures along with many others, but I prefer the 'gentler' ones any day compared to the grand mals. In regards to drug levels, we could not go by what they said was theraputic. We had to go by how she was responding to them. On dilantin, she couldn't be at a 'normal' dose without having trouble, but a much smaller amt that the Drs. said wouldn't help her, proved good for her until she got resistant on it. Each kiddo is so different in how they metabolize the meds. I wish you and him great luck. Neurology is not an exact science........and the brain is so complex. Your in my prayers. In regards to losing so much, it was just a 'fluke' for me and I was so busy that I think I was dehydrated too. You have done so well, and it is obvious that the exercising is helping you alot. Keep up the good work and don't worry about it coming off slow. Look were you have come in the past 3 months!!!!

Sherri, how was Megans program??? I bet she was a little doll and you were one proud mama! I hope you get responses to your ad for daycare.....and get some little girls. I prefer them myself. I hope the pain thing is just because of the TOM. I get mine then also and they said it was due to scar tissue. Keep us updated. You know we care about you!

Eleni, I am so proud of you for not snacking at the movies and being under control! The scale showed it last week and I'm sure you will have another loss Thurs. WEIGH TO GO!!!! I would love to be able to see that circus troup. What a bunch of limber, wonderful performers! I think I've heard that 'O' in Vegas is always sold out. Maybe someday..........

Marlene, I too thought ciecie had answered your question for what you asked. Glad Shortstack was able to answer you more. Welcome to TOPS and hope you enjoy your chapter. Keep coming here and letting us know more about you. We have a nice small group of gals that keep the board alive. I've been here for 2 years...some more and some less. Join us here on the daily thread. That's the easiest way for us to keep track of what is happening.

Coco, Hope you are doing good. I read your post a couple days ago and dummy me didn't make any notes and I am spacing. Please forgive me, but I hope you're doing well and will have a loss, no matter how little. That's what we all need to aim for right now!

To all our other MIA's, remember, 'IF YOU DON'T PUT IT IN, YOU CAN'T PUT IT ON! That tidbit is for all of us. Let's try to stay on plan and we will overcome.
Old 12-16-2002, 01:10 PM   #4  
On the right path

Sherri, you snuck in on me while I was typing my saga. I can tell you type faster than me!

Let me know how those injections go and if you are pain free come summer. I might be interested in asking my 'small town' docs about this. Start off gentle with your exercises. You don't want to undo what was just done!

Sorry to hear about Johns uncle. Good for you on letting him handle the situation. He is in my prayers.

Oh, forgot to give an update on my knee. I am having a lot of problems with it and I'm back on the anti-inflammatories, but I think there might be something going on that the MRI isn't showing in regards to the miniscus [sp?] area, but I'm accumulating fluid on the outer side. The slip on the ice back in Oct is accounting for the latter. Yep, I sure am worried about it and after the 1st of Jan, our insurance coverage goes downhill. Wish something could be done NOW to help with the money situation. Oh well, everything will work out in the long run.....

Hang in and have a super day!!!!!

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
Summer
Closed Thread