Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 11:35 AM   #1  

Question A water question and points question...

I have not drank any Coke in the past 2 weeks...Im happy about that since I was a 2 litre a day coke drinker (cant drink diet)...The withdrawal headaches were bad but Im all over that and dont crave soda anymore (so far so good) I am desperately trying to drink as much water as I can but I get nauseous if I drink too much... and Im not up to 8 cups a day yet!! Any tips?
Old 05-03-2002, 11:37 AM   #2  

Also..can someone explain the points system to me? TY
Old 05-03-2002, 11:47 AM   #3  
Opening a whole new world

try adding a lemon, or a lime. try caffeine free tea.
Old 05-05-2002, 11:20 PM   #4  

i cant seem to get water down either. after me insisting this to my MD, she said Crystal Light would be good.

i read somewhere we are supposed to drink 1/2 our body weight in ounces of water -- is this really possible??

~jusme
388-375-299 mini-goal
Old 05-06-2002, 04:54 AM   #5  
Opening a whole new world

drinking half of your body weight in water isn't really that bad. I'm about there. Work it out slowly. Try drinking water out of a glass with a straw or one of those sport bottles. Also freezing some of the water, and adding to it works for me. I cut my coffee to two a day, and then water. I generally only get one pop in and its caffenie free diet. Most plans say you can count that as water as long as you get a least 4 glass of real water in. As to say fake water (don't know where that came from). hope this helps
Old 05-06-2002, 07:36 AM   #6  

thanks ... im pretty much drink just the crystal light ... maybe a diet coke 1x a week or so ... i just cant imagine consuming all that liquid

i mean i have a LOT to lose!! i think my figures came out to be 24 glasses of water a day ... i'll try to get there, but just am SO far away from that right now ... im pushing 60-80 ounces down and thats tough!!

~jusme
388-375-299 mini-goal
Old 05-06-2002, 08:18 AM   #7  

Thanks a lot! I have my water in sports bottles..Thats all I drink now.Zero soda,maybe a decaff coffee...oh and the skim milk in my special K
Closed Thread