Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2001, 07:50 AM   #1  
Mother Hen

Default Sunday

Good morning everyone. Went to my daughters last night for supper and all I can say is she cooked a very good meal. Too good if you know what I mean. But she was tickled we came. She is a single mother and has had many trials to go thru very young but she is a survivor like her mother.
Scale still hasn't gone down yet. I did do 10minutes on treadmill yesterday. I know that doesn't seem like much but when your knee hurts as bad as mine I thought it was great. I do need to see a drop soon. I am not greedy. I will take any loss. Just to encourage myself to keep trying. Hard to keep trying and no losses.
Hope you have a good Sunday. We will be going to the movies later. Several good ones out this weekend.
Old 11-04-2001, 05:12 PM   #2  
On the right path

Angry

Oh what a beautiful day!!! The temp is similar to early August....cannot believe it is Nov 4!!! If this keeps up much longer...and I know the odds are against that...the ski areas are going to have a fit. Oh well, I'm not a skier so I just keep smiling.....

Eleni, I'm glad you got on the treadmill. Every little bit of movement adds up. Hope you see a good movie. Don't eat anything while you are there....remember, you want to see that scale budge, even 1/4# will be great!!!

My college daughter was home this weekend. It was great having her but didn't see her much. Unfortunately, her roommate is pregnant from a guy she has only known 4 months....and they are getting married Dec 29!!! It is not a good relationship and dd [dear daughter] is giving it 2 yrs at most. They went to Denver yesterday and dd and the brides 2 sisters got their bridesmaid dresses. Beautiful navy gowns, but the bride couldn't find a dress. Sounds like she is eating everything even though she is only 7 weeks. She wore an 8 and yesterday was trying on 14's! I think she will use the pregnancy for an excuse for everything, which is too bad. DD has known her for 4 years and they were planning on having a fun college experience together....oh well, even the best laid plans go astray. I'm happy that DD does not plan on following in those footsteps....YEAH!!!! She has been asked to sing at the wedding and for the first dance at the reception. Wonder where she will do it from since she is the Maid of Honor.

I made the mistake of making some cornmeal cookies and graced them with M&M's on top. It's a shame they are so good and I could not stay away from them yesterday while they were warm. I'm afraid to figure out how many I actually had. So far I have not had any today and I hope to keep away from them. Did send a bunch off with DD. She said there were too many, so I asked her to hand them out to all her friends in the dorm.

Don't know what I will make for supper, but I think sauteed zucchini will be part of it. Ummm....maybe spagetti with pesto sauce. On second thought, maybe chicken breasts with pesto type sauce. Need to stay away from as many carbs as possible since I need to get back in leeway this week.

Hope everyone else is having a super sunday!!! Take care, keep making wise food choices, and move that booty!!

TOPS Hugs,
Summer
Old 11-04-2001, 07:31 PM   #3  
Working My Way Happy!

Hi all,

Eleni I am sure you will have a loss this week. But like summer said you do have to watch what you eat in order for that to happen. That is great that you got on the treadmill. Even 10 mins everyday will show a loss for you. Keep up the great work. I will be saying a prayer for you to lose this week.

Summer,

Sounds like your daughter has a busy time coming up. I am glad to that she isn't following in her friends footsteps. As for the cookies you have to stop making or should I say baking at home. You alway eat what you cook. That is your downfall. Have you been back on the bike yet? You have to get on there and ride, ride, ride woman. You can do this. You only have this week to go and you have to make it count.

I did terrible today. I did walk again. I haven't missed a day in a week now. I started last sunday and even though I haven't felt good I still walked my 1.7 miles. But today I told my husband and daughter I wasn't going to talk. So I didn't. I did whisper from time to time but that was all. It has helped my throat a lot. I think just sitting around watching movies all day and not talking I was getting bored and I ate. But I am going to make up for it for the rest of the week. I will have a loss again this week I know it.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Sherri
Old 11-04-2001, 08:00 PM   #4  

Hi everybody

Eleni I am glad you ejoyed yourself at your daughters. Good for you doing 10 minutes on the treadmill! I will keep my fingers crossed for a loss for you!

Sherri way to go on walking everyday! I hope you start to feel better this week.

Summer it is so hard to resist warm cookies. I am glad you sent some with your daughter. The easiest way to resist is when they are not there.

All you guys are doing so well with your exercising. I used to walk at least 5 times a week and try to fit in an exercise tape a few times too, but it has been a while since I have done that. You ladies are inspiring me, I am turning over a new leaf starting now! I will only have water the rest of the night and will do some form of exercise at least 5 times this week. I have also been bad with water too. But not any more. I am starting this minute!!

I will be back tomorrow

Laurie
Closed Thread