Old 02-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #1  
d.e.l.i.c.i.*.u.s

Default Is TOPS for me?

I'm a college student on campus, and looking for support. A set diet plan like WW isn't for me at this time, but I would love to connect to a support group. Someone suggested TOPS, and there's a meeting close to here.

The only thing is...I'm a college student. When I went to WW meetings here, I was the youngest by 15-20 years. And thats fine, but it limits my support, because there's only so much we can relate on.

I'm afraid TOPS is the same. I suppose it doesn't hurt to go to the initial meeting...but I'm so tired of trying more new things.
tunafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/241/140

hi Tunafish,

I ynderstand what your thinking. Each TOPS chapter is differnt. I'm 35 and the youngest in my group. I would suggest you go and try it out. I love my TOPS group they are more like family then a group

I hope this helps

Maureen
gggbdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunafish View Post
The only thing is...I'm a college student. When I went to WW meetings here, I was the youngest by 15-20 years. And thats fine, but it limits my support, because there's only so much we can relate on.
I was in TOPS for a couple years and decided I didn't want to be there anymore. I too was the youngest by far and was 33 yrs old. I find the best place for support is online at places like this. That way you can come on when ever you are able to and post away.
KnCmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:01 PM   #4  
hara hachi bu

I'm 36 and the youngest of five in my group. The majority of members at my chapter are in their 40s. I like it ... age doesn't matter to me in terms of support. It's economically feasible enough to stay in it for as long as you need to, lending itself to a healthy rate of weight loss.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote