Okay everyone the verdict is in!!! Yes I actually tried this the other day! Oh my Lord!!!! This bread is awesome!!!!!!! Joey was floored, so was I. This exceeded our expectations and none of us could stop eating it! There are 7 of us and we went thru two loaves and one piece out of the third one!!! Joey said he wants to call it, "Sarah's Sweet Angel Bread".
hahahaha I am so stuffed right now!!!!!!!!! I had 3 regular bread pans and used one round cake pan. I am going to be using this as my main recipe! It was so soft and tender and a little sweet but not sickly so. Oh my!!!! I am usually a huge sucker for store brown and serve rolls and these were even tastier IMO. I can happily say goodbye to white bread forever now!
The all wheat did just fine, I did not use any white flour, just King Arthurs 100% wheat, can't wait til I can grind my own!I used the molasses too, and I used real butter(as usual), and greased the pan in real butter too. I did melt some butter and brush it on the top before baking the way some people recommended. I even took a few pics. I know, I am a dork. Lighting is bad and he didn't use the flash but oh well. This is the one that was in the cake pan![/color]
Wholesome Homemade Honey Whole Wheat Bread
3¾ hours 3 hours prep
2 envelopes yeast
4 cups water
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 cup honey
2 teaspoons salt
6 cups whole-wheat flour
4 cups white flour
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. In a large bowl, combine butter, molasses, honey and salt and mix well.
3. Add yeast mixture and then gradually add flours.
4. Turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth.
5. Place in buttered bowl and let rise until double.
6. Punch down and let rest for a few minutes.
7. Divide dough into 4 parts and shape into loaves.
8. Place in greased pans and let rise for about an hour.
9. Bake at 375* for 35 to 40 minutes.