3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 06:50 PM   #31

We will be leaving Thursday. I have to make some cookies for Joe's Family in LA. Mine are going to wait until after Christmas for theirs. My sister is coming out on the 28th and she is going to bring them back with her.

Maybe I am turing that way. Itold me mom that I used to crave a steak and now I usually eat just a little piece and then have my potato and salad. I guess my body knows what it needs. I wish I could tell it that I don't need sweets.

I think it is great that you guys got to Las Vegas so much. It is kind of like us going to Destin all the time. I would like to head back to Vegas again soon. Have fun shopping!
Old 12-18-2006, 05:40 PM   #32
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, I am at work trying to get the payroll in order so everyone gets paid on Friday. My mind is already on vacation mode and I have to force myself to stay focused!

On a sad note, our gray tabby cat Leppy disappeared late Saturday night we think. He didn't show up for breakfast on Sunday and we haven't seen him since. He's always hanging around the garage area since whenever he hears the side door open he thinks he's going to be fed. But he's also REALLY curious so I think he may have hopped into someone's car and they drove away with him. I haven't seen any cats on the roads (if you know what I mean) near my house so I don't think he's dead...it's sad though, because he was a really funny cat--a pain in the butt, but really curious and a joy to watch. I hope he turns up soon, but if he did get into a car who knows where he could be? Here's the last pic I took of him back in August. Think good thoughts for him, maybe we'll have a Christmas miracle and he'll come back home.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-22-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:58 PM   #33

Noelle that cat is so cute and look how tiny he is. I hope he is ok. My mom had a cat vanish and she was an inside cat too. She swore that she saw her living with another lady down the street a year later. Mom said she felt that Lovey (cat) had just needed us for that time in her life and she was moving on to someone who needed her more than we did. That made me feel a little bit better about her being gone. She showed up to us the same way. Maybe your little guy is making some kids Christmas great by showing up.

I wonder if the thread will die over Christmas. Three of us will be gone.

I have to go to the gym today. My neighbor brought over some cookies and I can't stay out of them. Plus, I am PMSing so everything is looking good right now.

I hope to be able to chat with you guys more before I leave. Noelle if you don't come back to post I hope you have a great trip.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #34
so close, yet so far...

Good morning! I have a couple of appointments I need to keep today, mostly just "me" time, manicure and maybe get my brows done I was trying to pack last night but was just not in the mood. Maybe i can just go with the clothes on my back and buy all new stuff while there? Ha! Wishful thinking.

Kempy, you are right about the cat maybe being with someone else. I just hope they are nice to him. I was joking around with my sister that now we can get that Maine coon we always wanted...yeah right! We only have 5 cats left and somehow, I just have a feeling a new stray will come into our lives.

Cherie, I got your card a few days ago and just had to say, you and your girls are just beautiful! My sister said you look like Marcia Cross, we both love your red hair... check this out

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-22-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:02 PM   #35
so close, yet so far...

OK, that was Marcia, but seriously Cherie, you are really pretty and look like her!

Old 12-20-2006, 01:06 AM   #36

Just a quick post. We have only 2 more days until Christmas break. I can't wait. Tomorrow I go to the doctor and I'm going to ask her to put a little more padding around my ankle and heel, and then maybe I'll be able to drive. I did try to drive on Sat, but it hurt my foot because I had to rest it on the floorboard; it didn't hurt to push on the gas; it's just that the area of my foot around the ankle is still a bit tender.

Cherie: The picture of you and the girls was great. What beautiful ladies...all 3 of you. I'll be mailing out my things to everyone soon. I just have to wait until I can get to the post office. Forgive me if everything is late.

Noelle: I guess you'll be over by me soon. It's been awfully cold, even in Vegas. I know you'll have a great time.

Kempy: What a great-looking couple you two are. Thank you for sharing the picture. How long will you be in Calif? Again, I wish I were going over there.

Dips: Hope you are all ready for Santa. Let us know how everything is going.

Hello to everyone else. Have a great rest of the week.

Cal
Old 12-20-2006, 11:41 AM   #37

Hey guys.

Cal it is good to hear that you can drive. I am usre they will be able to fix you up. So, do you think you will be going crazy going places since you have been stuck not being able to do much? We are going to be in CA until the 28th. That is long enough fo rme to miss my doggies. Of course it is going to warm up over there and cool off here while we are there and once we get back, it is going to warm up here. Man, we just can't win.

Noelle I guess you are leaving today. I hope you have fun.Wait, what am I saying, of course you will have fun. Maybe you can take some pics of more good looking cops.

I am just puttering around the house today. I have to clean so that when we come back I am not doing that. Plus, I have to ge tthe dogs set up outside with their kennels and toys for the week. I still feel bad leaving them alone but at least they have each other.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:28 PM   #38
so close, yet so far...

Dayum! I should be on a plane to Vegas right now......instead we called to confirm the 2pm flight, and were told it was delayed due to mechanical problems, the plane full of passengers leaving Vegas to HI had to return to Vegas. We were rescheduled for 6 pm, then called again to reconfirm, now they're telling us to check in at 10pm, we we probably won't be in the air til 12 a.m. or 1:30 a.m.....so we won't arrive until 10 in the morning. I should've on my way for a full day of shopping!!!

Anyway, I guess I should be thankful that I'm at home still and not stuck at the airport like some other people from the outer islands. *sigh*

Cal, I hope you get your wish and can drive without the hurt.

Kempy, who's feeding your dogs while you're away? Hope you get everything you need done squared away.

Well, I am signing off for now. MERRY CHRISTMAS and hope you all get what you wish for for Christmas. Aloha!

Old 12-24-2006, 02:33 AM   #39
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello My girls

Thank GOODNESS this semester is finally over! The last few weeks always burn me out. I been reading up on your posts this month and I want to take a minute to chit chat with you all:

Noelle: Hope you have a great time in Vegas and do a lot of sinning Than you so much for the gifts. Niko Loves his toy. he took to it immediately. Mike's gingerbread house is smashing as always. You must be so proud! By the way, Happy belated birthday.

Kempy- I hope the holidays find you in good spirits. I'm sorry I wasn't available earlier. I love you to pieces and I want you to have all the joy you deserve. Let me know how the baby biz isgoing

Angie- How's it going, girlie! Hope your vacation is fun and entertaining. I think I need one myself. I miss you. Happy holidays!!

Cherie- you and your grls get more beautiful with each passing year. I have both your pics on my fridge. You DO kinda look like Marcia Cross You go girl!!

Cal- The new man situation is pretty good. I almost feel like if I tell you too much I'll jinx myself. Let me just say that he has a great body and doesn't come up short ANYWHERE. Woo Hoo I am having a very good time, but ofcourse, no relationship is without a little bump. My bump comes in the form of his 15 year old neice. I never met the heiffer but i don't like her ***. (Long story, i'll fill you in at a more decent hour later on) Now that the semester is over I'll definately have a lot more time on my hands to pop in.

Okay ladies, I'll get with you all after the holidays... Love you
Old 12-26-2006, 08:14 PM   #40
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, I'm back from Vegas.... I did so much shopping up there that on my way home, I wasn't even thinking about opening Christmas presents, it felt like I had gotten everything I already wanted .... funny how it works like that when you do all your shopping for yourself One of Michael's loose teeth fell out on the plane ride home so the tooth fairy had to show him so dough.

So how was everyone's Christmas??? I know some of you are still on vacation or maybe MIA. I hope everyone can check in before the year is over.

Dips, thanks for the gift! That was sweet and I will use that sexy nail polish next time I go for my manicure... I like that phrase you used "let's get back to sexy". I'm all for that! It's almost resolution time. I hope you had a great Christmas w/your new man. As for his 15 y.o. niece w/an attitude, I know you will deal with her!

Well, I am just popping in to say hello to you all. Chat later.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:58 AM   #41

Hello Everyone,

We had a great Christmas. Ashley is loving everything she got, even though it was few toys. She's beginning to be into more expensive things such as: CD's, DVD's, Gameboy, clothes, accessories, and computer games (those are educational, but fun). My sister, Bert, was here from Calif. She's doing the rounds now with the other brothers and sisters; one night here, one night there, etc.
I'm enjoying my free time. It's nice to relax. I'm still getting used to driving again. I apologize because I still haven't sent my things out to everyone, but I still can't stand in the line at the post office; too long on my feet is still a bit painful. I promise it will be sent soon (my goal is by the end of the week).
Only a few more days left in this year. My husband keeps reminding me how old I will be on Sunday. That's ok, I remind him of how old he is.

Noelle: Thank you so much for the gift. I saved it for Christmas and Ashley opened it for me. It's funny because hubby threw away most of my pot holders a couple of weeks ago because he figured I wouldn't buy new ones if I still had the old ones. (They were looking pretty bad). Thank you again.

Dips: Thank you for your gift as well. I also saved it for Christmas day, and Ashley opened it for me. She wants to keep the little purse. She said it's just her size. Anyway, it was so thoughtful of you. Thank you again.

Kempy: I don't know if you're back yet, but I wanted to say that I hope you enjoyed your vacation and that the weather was nice to you.

Cherie: I'm sure your girls are still enjoying the things they got. I do hope you had a great holiday.

Here's to hoping for a bright, prosperous, and joyful new year full of promises and good times. We are not getting older, we are getting better, and every year is getting better, too.

Cal
Old 12-27-2006, 04:55 PM   #42
so close, yet so far...

Hi ladies, just taking a break from work... I've got Michael with me so he's drawing me a bunch of new pictures to hang on my walls.

Cal, you're very welcome and I'm glad the timing was right for some new pot holders. I had to get me some new ones from the M&M store in Vegas since they were so cute--and somehow during Thanksgiving, we always manage to burn the old ones

Oh my gosh I can't believe we're almost done with 2006! Cal you are so right about us getting better (not older)

Anyway, just checking in quickly today. Have a great one ladies.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:56 PM   #43
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello my ladies...

HAppy holidays!

I hope everyone had a great christmas (I had a wonderful one). I look forward to a new year of memories with all of you...

Noelle- Glad you liked the gift. You know I loved yours. Our little Mike is growing up, huh. Shedding tooth after tooth. You tell him that I will still pinch his cheeks if ever I get a chance to see him in person You are such a funny girl. Your right about how I will handle that niece!

Cal- I'm glad you and Ashley liked the gifts. You know I have a soft spot for your girls anyway so I want them to enjoy these things as much as you. I love christmas because I enjoy giving little trinkets to my friends. I adore you so I'm glad I could bring a little smile to you this year for all the ones you gave me (I'm such a damn sap around the holidays, I know) And girl, work your birthday! Every year we have on this earth is a gift and a blessing so you party hard!

Okay so now about the evil niece:

This chick is a total screw-up. She's disrespectful to her cousin, who is raising her and she toatlly plays on my man to get what she wants. She recently received a bad report card and got ino trouble with the cousin for staying out late. She mouthed off and the cousin roughed her up so then she went running to her uncle who was there to baby her and tell her everything was okay

I have 4 sisters. I know the hustle when I see it. since she found out her uncle has been seeing me, she wants to go over to his house all the time to keep me from spending the night. I've never seen her in person but I got her attitude when she answered his phone (letting me know she was at his house). I want to tell him that she's not going to change unless she wants to and that there is nothing he can do so "save" her. I also want to tell him that getting her gifts only makes things worse and he has to show tough love to let her know she can't hustle him but I don't want to be the mean girlfriend YET. This chick doesn't know who she's dealing with but she's going to find out very very soon!

Noelle, YOU KNOW WHAT'S UP!!!
Old 12-31-2006, 01:49 AM   #44

Bumping us up from page 2.
I finally got to the post office and got everything mailed out to everyone.
Tonight I went to my sister's house and we got things for the kids to make New Year's Eve hats with ice cream sugar cones. We had so much fun. I'll try to get some pics posted so you can see what they did. We decorated them and even colored coconut to look like confetti. We're taking it to my brother's New Year's party tomorrow night. My sister asked him about what he was getting me for my birthday and he said that he was giving me a birthday party. (It's all because I teased him about having the New Year's party on my birthday...New Year's Eve = my birthday).
I've been really enjoying my time off from work; but at the same time, I've been taking it easy...even falling asleep in front of the tv.
I hope everyone has a great, and safe, time New Year's Eve. I hope to see more posts soon.
Take care.

Cal
Old 12-31-2006, 02:29 AM   #45
so close, yet so far...

In case I don't get around to posting tomorrow,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Carol!!!!!!!
And many many many many many many many many many many many many many many more!!!

Closed Thread