3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Hot & Healthy Challenge Chick's 12/03/06

Old 12-04-2006, 11:47 PM   #46

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome to 3 year olds ladies, LOL...I have two older ones that I remember those stages and now my youngest is going through it. He is four.

I was always told, little ones get overwhelmed and over stimulated and they need to be by themselves for a little while sometimes just to get themselves back together a little peace within (I need this as an adult too).

When my son acts up and doesn't calm down after a few minutes of either time out or can't watch cartoons or whatever the reason, then I warn him "if you are not quiet then you will have to go to the other room (someplace safe and quiet). Sometimes I will even count to three.

If he doesn't listen, I gently pick him up place him on my bed and close the door telling him he has to be quiet in order to come out of the room (this time helps me calm down too because I don't have to listen to him screaming or throwing fits). If he is still crying a few minutes later, I open the door and remind him again. Then I close the door and as soon as he is quiet, I run over there open the door and tell him he may come out if he can be quiet.

He is like a new person; respectful, calm, and listens so much better. After a few times of this all i have to say is do you want to go to bed or the other room and he calms down.

Good luck gals it does get better as long as your consistant and they know what to expect if they have that type of behavior.

1200 minutes done for November Exercise Challenge
1800 minutes done for December Exercise Challenge
January Exercise Challenge 1200-1800 minutes

loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:56 PM   #47

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

Jasmine-I so have been there with the cravings especially right before TOM. Those hotdogs sound good I will have to get me some!! Happy to hear it did the trick for you.

Calejo- 6 stitches OUCH!!! Are you okay? Poor thing...I hope you feel better soon!!

Sheri- I hope you feel better after you get some good sleep! The most I have ever done was 20 hours straight and I was exausted. the money was good though.

1200 minutes done for November Exercise Challenge
1800 minutes done for December Exercise Challenge
January Exercise Challenge 1200-1800 minutes

loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:20 AM   #48

Martiniforme

I had surgery b/c my 3 yr. old accidently flopped his head into my mouth instead of my pillow while trying to crawl into bed with me one night about 1 1/2 months ago and it never healed right. I had a big bump on the inside of my mouth. Too bad for my BF that I can still talk (kinda) MUAH HAHAHAHAHA.

Ennay

I have 3 kids, all 2 yrs. apart. Trust me, I've been down that road. I know she's testing you, and I'll tell you 2 things that saved my sanity. 1 was giving her a project she'll enjoy and that makes her feel like a "big girl" maybe a coloring book and a small thing of crayon that she picks out and that are hers and ONLY hers, and that she can do near you if she likes (so she doesnt' feel too put to the side). The second, and most effective thing, I did was to ask them for help with the baby. Even if I didn't really need the blanket, or could reach the diapers just fine, it gave them a sense of responsibility and importance when it came to the babies... before you know it, all you'll have to do is say, "shhh... don't wake the baby". You can even tell her, if you want to color now, I'll finish up with the baby in a couple mins and we can play together for a bit, ok? if all else fails, there's always shock collars, right?

Short Term goal:

One for every 10 lbs. lost:
Calejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:03 AM   #49

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Ladies! It seems like it was quite the day yesterday for most of you, some good things, some bothersome ones. Believe it or not, I worked for a large steel company for 16.5 years, then I started babysitting and did that for 11 years. So I do have a little smile when I hear about the kids acting out, as I can remember it from mine, then from the ones that I sat. I do agree if you can get the older ones to help out a bit with the babies it makes them feel important, I also agree with time outs and quiet time, I had luck with them as well.

I hope everyone has a better day today, if not great yesterday. And is it not so amazing to try clothes on and find out your into a new size, you go girl. I had a rather nice experience this morning, I weighed myself and was down two pounds, lets hope it sticks. I was also very good today with my meals, grocery shopped and got things I can eat that I didn't have and went to town. I also did about 3/4's of a mile walking, was aiming for a mile, but for my first day was pleased just to of stuck to the right foods and getting that exercise in. It is very cold here and we got our first bit of snow, people sure forget easily how to drive in it. I really dislike that, can you tell.
I can't believe all that you people keep up on and write, it takes me a long time just to catch up every night, maybe I should come to the site more often during the day. Have a good one everyone, and before I forget thanks for all the Congrats on the 25th, as well as the encouragement to get going on my weight loss journey.
Sharon
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:29 AM   #50
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning everyone! Man I missed it all again!!

I was just reading in my YOU on a diet book last night about steel cut oats, Dr. Oz recommends them too, he suggested that since they take longer to cook that you cook up a weeks worth at a time and then store them in the fridge. The made the comment that he know it sounds icky but they are really quite tasty reheated. So anyway, I'm gonna look for that and that ezekial bread too.

I've got to find some cheap (not cheap just low cost) gifts for a couple of my classmates. I was thinking some lotions from Bath and Body works. anyone else have a better idea? Doesnt have to be anything major just the thought really. Input is greatly appreciated.

Jasmine is sharing her sore throat with me darn it! Although its not as bad today. I've been told that I should have went and gotten some Airbourne at the first signs. Does anyone else use this? My understanding is that it really works but you gotta take it as soon as you feel a cold coming on.

Its snowing!! Which means morning commute is going to be slow going so I better go get ready!

Calejo...I'm glad your surgury went well! Heal fast!

they always say terrible twos but i swear 3 was MUCH worse than 2 ever could be...for my girls anyway. Just wait till 10 rolls around, that was another trying time around here. But she's mellowed out a bit.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:04 AM   #51
Boston Qualifier and MOM

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/?

Height: 5'3.75"

Oh, she loves helping out with the baby - loves him. And she usually isnt a problem. Yesterday was just one of those days. And it was a tough situation...like her sitting down in the middle of the street while crossing because she knew I couldnt carry her while carrying him. She is just exploring if she can take advantage of me being occupied more than anything else. With her I predict this behavior will last about a week to varying degrees and then she'll figure out she doesnt get what she wants this way. Thats kind of how she works, every couple months she tries to push the boundaries and then settles back in.

My before/after pics
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:25 AM   #52
Goodbye Fat!

Good Morning Ladies,

Well I just made some hot tea to warm up this morning and put a blanket on my lap. Now if I could just warm up my hands. It is so cold in our offices, I can never warm up.

Hun.e.B: I usually do the bath stuff for gifts, in the past I have done stationary, gourmet coffee or teas sets, and for the foodies a recipe book.

Canuk4: Way to go on the two pounds!

Calejo: I hope your recovery goes smooth, have you tried eating some protein shakes or smoothies?

martiniforme: Sorry you had such a long day yesterday, doesn't seem like the cards are stacked against us sometimes to lose weight. I sometimes have those days were I plan ahead and then nothing goes right. Hey today is a new day and you can bounce right back into your normal routine. At least now you see how all the back snacks and food lowered your energy level.

jasmine: Hope you are feeling better.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:11 PM   #53
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Martini I am sorry your DF is gone, two weeks?? I don't think I could do it. And giving your cat a bath??? If I tried my cat would probably kill me and end up on the 10 most wanted list. Try to get some sleep, and don't be to hard on yourself, today is a new day!

Loveandlaugh: Do you mean locking them in the closet and hanging them by their toes is NOT going to work???? hmmmm maybe that is my big problem.

Sharon: It does get a little hard keeping up, but I am lucky all I have to do during most days is clean house, workout, take care of the kids, and play online. Somedays I stay on a little too long, but I make myself make up for it by working out extra hard!

Melissa, My DD was wonderful at 2, she started acting up at 3, then she was okay, now we just have good and bad days. Its worse now because we just took her binkie away a couple weeks ago. ( I know I know she's 3 but you know how it is) We just had some snow, I hate driving in it, but I love to look at it! How do you like that book?? I was thinking of getting it for myself for christmas. How about nice picture frames?? I love getting picture frames as gifts.

Annay: My girl is the same way, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with or any less frustrating!

Dolly: have you ever heard of hand warmers?? They are these little packets that when exposed to air heat up, you are supposed to keep them under your gloves, but I leave mine in my pocket so I can warm my hands up quickly when I am not wearing gloves. (I think I got mine at walmart)

Today is going much better, Makenna woke up and found her chocolate countdown to christmas calendar that a friend gave to me. I let her have
A piece but I knew she would want more. But to my suprise she listened well. Now she is asking if she can have things, like my cell phone, when I say No, she asks Why not??? and Because I said isn't cutting it.

Tommy is being really good too, usually its one or the other for me. We are going to head out and run some errands in a little bit, I am so glad they are being good.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:46 PM   #54

I would love to do a shake, but I have no blender. I think I could mix it by hand and it could count for my 30 mins. of cardio LOL

Short Term goal:

One for every 10 lbs. lost:
Calejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:01 PM   #55
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi everyone! I have no kids yet but I will try to remember all the advice I've read. I usually use the very successful 'dark mama' look on my little sister and brother but my kids are probably going to be 10x more stubborn and bold with my luck so I need alternative ways besides going outside and getting a switch. LOL

WI was today and I've lost 1.4 lb this week.

My WL Blog: Luna Loses
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #56
Boston Qualifier and MOM

dark mama works pretty well most days....lol

My before/after pics
Old 12-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #57
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

not for me, my daughter stares back with her mean look and I end up stifiling a laugh. I lose stare offs with my girl how bad is that!!

Congrats on the Weightloss Shari!!
Old 12-05-2006, 04:42 PM   #58
Boston Qualifier and MOM

lol my daughter is good at the dark look too, sometimes we do it when we are being silly. But somehow she seems to know when I actually mean it most days. Except yesterday.

My before/after pics
Old 12-05-2006, 06:31 PM   #59

Its been a while since Ive posted. The last weigh in I did was on October 23rd my sons birthday. After that things kinda went down hill and Ive been on an eating spree. I gained some weight back but Id really like to get myself healthy before we start trying for another baby. I really have no clue how Im gonna stick to this when we go to Vegas for a vacation on Tuesday but I have to do this already. Ive lost like 50 pounds and I just need to finish this and get to my goal. Ive been off and on a diet for the last 2 years and if I just stick to it Im sure I could get the weight off in a few months. Im gonna hop back on the treadmill tonight. Just wanted to say Hi and hopefully Im back once and for all.

SarahMahfoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:47 PM   #60

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! I was gone a day and needed to read three pages to catch up! I have two of my own boys ages 17 and 12 and three step children ages 13, 12, & 8. Trust me it will get better for awhile and then the teenage years start. The emotions are non stop. Say nothing about the money! My oldest is graduating this year and it is costing me a fortune.

Anyway I'm doing just okay on the diet. Calories are about 1600 and I can't lose unless I keep them at 1200. To many gatherings lately. Only exercised 10 minutes yesterday but hope to do better today.

[/url]
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.