3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Hot & Healthy Challenge Chick's 12/03/06

Old 12-04-2006, 03:48 PM   #31
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/188.8/135

Height: 5'4

Calejo:

I prayed for you about your surgery!! I hope everything goes fine hun!!! Good luck!!!

Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:57 PM   #32
Boston Qualifier and MOM

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/?

Height: 5'3.75"

my...daughter....is....getting...on ....my....last....nerve. She has just figured out that I cant physically force her to do stuff if I am holding the baby. I hate days like today where I feel like all our interaction is negative. We were having a good time on our weekly pizza outing and as soon as I picked up ds...whammo. She turned into whiny bratty toddler.

My before/after pics
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:59 PM   #33
I AM healthy!

Okay so it seems tom is just around the corner! I got the food bingies today. I feel blah, and don't even feel like going to see dh at lunch time. They changed the schedules back to 2 10-7's which we hate and 3 8-5's. It don't make much of a difference cause when they changed it it was 2 weeks of 8-5 and then one week of 10-7. *sigh* Anyhow he works late tonite. I just want to stay home and get stuff organized with kids clothing today. Summer/winter, etc. I am all out of fruit, yogurt and bread!

I had a slimfast for breakfast, 1 cup of boneless/skinless ch. breast for lunch with 3 warm taco shells and that still was not enough! I even had 1 serving of cashews which I have not had in like a week due to babying my mouth. And believe it or not, I was STILL hungry!

I think it may be because no fruit or yogurt for breakfast. Then usually at lunch the ezekiel bread with peanut butter keeps me satiated but no, none of that today! Arrrggghhhhh. I ain't fretting tomorrow is grocery day.

So I go looking in the kitchen AGAIN to see what to eat! I seen some left over sp. sauce and some noodles and was thinking of having one serving of each. BUT the sauce is also NOT the one lower in cals its the target brand so that would be 100 for .50 a cup! The noodles are 200 for 1 serving. 300 more cals sheesh!! And the sad thing is I KNOW I am not hungry but my head is telling me to eat! But i was scared that would not be enough and that I would want more!

BUT I looked in the freezer and seen something to save the day! Hebrew National Kosher Hot dogs. Only 50 cals each and 1.5 grams of fat! So that pot I was boiling I stuck those in instead and saved 200 cals!!! Whoohooo! I am buying more in case I have an emergency next month!

My cals so far today:

858 cals/fat 36%/carbs 23%/protein 41%

That is crazy! I guess I really wanted that protein! haha The fat still isn't bad cause that will go down later when I have beans for dinner. Thank God that can be my saving grace tonite!! I can still have a low cal/low fat day if I eat beans and a few taco shells plus veggies for dinner which I plan on doing. I am going to look now and add some stuff in for later and see where I would wind up.

Old 12-04-2006, 03:59 PM   #34
I AM healthy!

Awww Ennay, how old is she?

Old 12-04-2006, 04:05 PM   #35
I AM healthy!

Oh I am also happy to report that I am NOT hungry now! hahahahahah Yeah me!!! If I add in two cups of beans, 2 corn tortillas, .50 a cup of carrots and .50 of broccoli I will be at 1485 for the day, 24 % fat/ carbs 40%/ protein 35%

Old 12-04-2006, 04:06 PM   #36
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I'm pretty sure you are right Jasmine, that the absorption of is slower in less processed oats. Now what the doctor might have been referring to in the opinion that it is all the same is cholesterol reduction, in which case fiber is king.

Let me see what I can find

My before/after pics
Old 12-04-2006, 04:11 PM   #37
Boston Qualifier and MOM

steel cut oats = glycemic index 42
Old fashioned = GI 48
Instant unsweetened = GI 65

My before/after pics
Old 12-04-2006, 04:13 PM   #38
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
Awww Ennay, how old is she?
She'll be 3 in January. She likes ds a lot, but she is at that age where "what can I get away with" rules. I tossed her in bed for her nap (not that she is sleeping) without even taking her potty first, so I am sure she will wet/poop her diaper (only wears them for sleeping)

My before/after pics
Old 12-04-2006, 04:21 PM   #39
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey everyone! How are you all doing? I'm doing okay, just got done pulling a double (something I will NEVER EVER do for this dept AGAIN!!!) and I'm going to the gym after I get out of the computer lab. Yall preparing for Christmas?

My WL Blog: Luna Loses
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:50 PM   #40
Goodbye Fat!

Thanks ennay for the clarification. I see where you are coming from now.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:36 PM   #41

Default Owie

ok, so I'm back, still haven't eaten today and will probably only get one meal. 6 stitches in the inside of my lip. On the upside, my lip will look normal after it heals, and looks like what ppl pay thousands for in Hollywood. -rawr- lol. I can't eat anything hot in general or hard, so it's cold pasta for dinner for me.. woo. -_- But at least I get to eat. I also went to Target for Motrin and a new scale (I'll weigh myself tomm. and fix my tickers ) Meanwhile, I also tried on new clothes just to see what size I actually am now. I'm down to a comfy size 14, which I haven't been since before I was married and had my first child!

Short Term goal:

One for every 10 lbs. lost:
Calejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:48 PM   #42
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

annay~my daughter is 3 1/2 and she is going through the I am going to test you until you explode test. I love her, but she can drive me crazy. She is a total red head with the attitude. She has screamed so much today that I am afraid the neighbors are going to call the police. I ignore her, which makes it worse and last longer, right now I don't know what to do but ignore her. BTW she is screaming because A. I wont change her movie. B. I won't give her a cookie or pudding. C. Because she took a toy from her bro and I gave it back. Or D. Just to drive me insane (which I think she does 80% of the time)
Old 12-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #43
Boston Qualifier and MOM

OMG I put my daughter down for her nap at 12:45 so I wouldnt kill her and she played and played and played in her room and then 15 minutes ago started whining "mommy" and now she is out. Its 4 pm now. Well, at least I had time to deal with my son who had his first shots today and was NOT HAPPY about it.

My before/after pics
Old 12-04-2006, 11:16 PM   #44
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone i actually ate pretty good today kind of instead of overeating i didnt eat enough but i wasnt hungry so i didnt want to force myself
Mel you are so right. i got the opti. slimfast so ill start having that in the morning
Old 12-04-2006, 11:26 PM   #45
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Melissa: 4mph is a killer though! I just gotta push though, because I know I can do it, and to not would be, well, not 100%, you know?

dollypie: Congrats on the loss! Size 12 petite, that's awesome!

Calejo: Good on getting the new scale! I had a bit of a downer when I first started. I thought I was 260, turned out I was really 279! I'm still making my way to what I thought I was, but got a new scale that is more accurate. I got mine for pretty cheap at Home Hardware, it's the WW scale. Glad you're feeling better! Why did you have to have surgery?

Jeni: Oooo! I have this before picture of myself that was taken for DF. I'm wearing a bustier, and I think I looked awful! I want to look at the before, and then the after to see the difference! Hope you feel better soon

Ennay: Ahh, 3 year olds! Maybe she's feeling jealous of her new baby brother. I know my niece was really bad for that, but she's kind of grown in to it, takes part in more of the activities that my sister and her youngest infant do (blanket time, etc), and that seemed to help!

Jasmine: That is some protein intake you have going on! Way to go! Some days are just better with more protein

Shari: Double shifts are AWFUL!! I remember working graveyards (12 hour shifts), and being dead at 9am, and then being asked to stay until 1. The jerk boss always made me come in again at 9, tho! "Labour Law states you only need 8 hours between shifts" blah blah blah.

Mia:
That's what I have. So far, it's been well since I don't consume too many foods in my regular diet with huge amounts of sugar, and it actually fills me up, and gives me prolonged energy opposed to a short spike. Congrats on the good food day, and knowing your limit!

--
Wow. Today did NOT go well. I was up until 4:30am last night, and then got up at 6:20 with DF to help him with last minute preparations, then off on his trip he went. I tried to get sleep, but our oldest cat (22) stepped in floor cleaner, so I had to give her a bath. She was pissed, but still had some on her, so I had to give her yet ANOTHER bath. Needless to say, she and I aren't on speaking terms right now (her choice). Then I still had to go to work today, MIL needed me there. I ended up not getting out until 6:30 because FIL came in and wanted to go over a schedule plan for the upcoming week while DF is still away. And even though I stopped working at 5, I was stuck doing invoices for him until 6:30pm! Atleast I managed to get a ride home from MIL. I would have died in that cold. It gets super dark around 4pm now, and that's when the bitter cold kicks in. Brrr.
Now I'm just barely keeping myself awake. I have to, though, so I don't end up waking up too early tomorrow. Grr.
And my calories. I'm not even going to post them. Sleep deprivation left me in a weird place this morning, and the only healthy things I ate today was a bowl of soup for dinner with 1oz shredded skim mozza. I even planned today, but nothing worked out! Arg. So on top of that, with all the bad food I binged on this morning, I felt like more crap all day.

Sorry to complain, today was just not a very easy day. Normally I can let all these things roll off my back, but with DF gone for 2 weeks, I've kind of hit a raw nerve, I think.

I just don't know whether to cry, scream, or pass out from exhaustion. And I can't take a hot bath either! That's usually my way to super relax myself, hot suds, candles, and a good book. But I'm afraid I'll fall asleep, and normally DF would check on me, but I'm home all alone for 2 weeks!!

Ugh, ending now. Tomorrow is planned better, hopefully I follow through. My meal is posted under 20-somethings in Tuesday Planning.

Goodnight all.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.