Old 12-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #1  
RosieKate

Default Back in Kindergarten #19 - Special Holiday Edition

Welcome to Back In Kindergarten #19!!:

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"--Jules

Happy Holidays!

Old 12-02-2006, 10:50 AM   #2  
RosieKate

Default Hello Everyone!

I hope no one minds that I started the new thread - I have the slowest DSL available and it was getting to be slow loading....
This site is pretty slow in general - may be time to go ad-free.

Michelle - so you find ad-free speeds up loading time? I'm glad you made it through the holiday with your family around you - it really does help. I love the picture of you and your daughters - all very pretty

Cristina - So glad to read that Josh was home - what a lovely way to spend Thanksgiving. Thank you for the card!

Jules - Thanks also to you for the lovely card. Both cards made me smile and certainly got me in a festive mood. I picked up some greens at Costco yesterday and now I have a lovely wreath on my front door and garlands over the fireplace. Sounds like your DD is in a very good place - that's great after having such a tough year. Her new BF sounds really nice...too bad the other guy didn't speak up sooner - oh well, as we say around here - you snooze - you lose. That sounds kind of flippant, but you know, if it's meant to be, it will happen..we just never know when it comes to love, do we?

Sassy
- glad to see you posting - Sorry to hear about your back. I feel for you, as I have had my share of back pain. I hope it is improving and you are able to move around and get some exercise.

Susan - How did your week go? Hope you can stay at the temp job - it sounds much less stressful than the other one.

Hi to Sue, Bep, and anyone else reading this. I've got a bit of a cold and am feeling a little foggy, so forgive me if I left anyone out.

I maintained over the holiday, so I wasn't overly frustrated or excited at my group on Thursday. I am find that getting all the fruits and vegetables in every day to be challenging - and I like produce so you wouldn't think it would be hard. I've started focusing on eating my produce first before eating the protein and/or grains serving. It seems to help me not overeat those items....stay tuned to see if it works

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 12-02-2006, 11:48 AM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good Morning, ladies!

KATY...I didn't even realize the posts had gotten that high. My mind always seems to be elsewhere. You are welcome for the card, I think I forgot to include a picture. Glad you are getting in the spirit. So do you go to a meeting once a week? You must be doing good because you lost the four pounds and that is GREAT! And you maintained over the holiday so that is good as well. You are defiinitely off to a good start. Make sure and get plenty of rest so that cold doesn't get worse.

JULES...ahhh, hugs to Tony. If you wanna share his address I will send him a little something for Christmas. I've not mailed the stockings yet. Going to do that Monday or Tuesday so I can get something to him as well. Josh leaves in a week and it is going to be sad for me. He has enjoyed being home but I think Iraq has turned into his new home and he kind of misses it. Not so much Iraq itself but being with his buddies/Army brothers. It's his new family.

SASSY...hope your back is better today.

MICHELLE... hoping today is a good day for you.

Well, going to spend a little bit of time on the computer before heading upstairs to do some cleaning and laundry. We are supposed to go to this Cowtown Museum later this evening but not sure. With the snow melting it will be a muddy mess and I'd rather not drag the stuff in my car. Anyway...

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day and weekend!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #4  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Katy...Thanks for the compliment on my picture if me with my daughters, it was on Thanksgiving. I took quite a few pictures and got many of them developed yesterday so I'm sending them in Christmas cards to all of my family in Iowa. Yes, the holidays are extremely difficult this year, and I haven't even started decorating for Christmas yet. We usually decorate the day after Thanksgivingm but I've just not been in the mood yet. I don't remember if the ad-free made my system faster, because you still have the ads when you first come to 3FC, because they don't disappear until you have actually signed on to your account. What I did like about the ad-free was that their was nothing popping up while you're on the site and the screen is so much larger without them. I think you're doing so good with your new plan, and maintain through Thanksgiving is great!

Jules...Enjoy your coffee and hope you have a good day!

Cristina...You snuck in while I was posting. I hope you don't work too hard with your housecleaning lol! That's what I'll also be doing today.

HELLO to all the rest of you wonderful ladies!!!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:41 PM   #5  
One day at a time

Okay, back for a few minutes...

Hi ya MICHELLE! I too like the picture of you and your daughters...I can see where they get their beauty. Oh, and don't worry...I won't be working too hard on the house, lol!

KATY...thanks for mentioning the ad-free...I went and signed up for 6 months and already it changed over. And...there is a difference in the speed. My computer is so slow and one day we will switch over to something else but this is so much better. You can try it for a week for $1 first to see if there is a difference or you like it better if you don't want to go for longer right off the bat.

Anyway, thought I would mention this before signing off.

Take care ladies and have a good one!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:11 PM   #6  

Hi Ladies -- I just wanted to say that we're so happy, because my younger DD received her acceptance letter in the mail today for her first choice college that we did the tour at last month. She was accepted in their Nursing program for Fall 2007, and there are only about 100 people that they accept each year for the Nursing program. This college is a private Catholic college, and it's so nice. She has taken all AP and Honors classes throughout high school, and her gpa right now is 3.94, and we're so proud of her. She is also on her fourth year of Spanish in high school, and she's going to keep taking it through college also. I just wanted to share this with everyone!
Old 12-04-2006, 04:12 PM   #7  
One day at a time

HI LADIES...

I'm so sad...I can't find my Christmas CD's. I got a few more places to look, I think but I have no idea what I've done with them. May have to go buy new ones.

MICHELLE...a big CONGRATULATION'S to your DD! I know how proud you guys must be!

HI SUSAN, KATY, JULES & BEP! Hoping all is well with you in your corner of the world.

Nothing much going on with me. Ran some errands this morning and wrapped some presents and that is about it. And, I don't plan on doing anything else today, lol! Going to be lazy until I have to cook dinner.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 12-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #8  
kitty Momo

Hi!!

Gaby and I went to see Beauty & the Beast on Sunday. It was wonderful. You should take the kids Katy! Gab was scared at first but she warmed up to the dark theatre.
I haven't weighed for a few days, I will tomorrow.
I take Gab to see about her tonsils tomorrow.
Thank you for the cards Cristi and Jules!!! Very sweet
Lovely picture Michelle - you look wonderful.

I better go and get to bed. Just wanted to say hello
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Hi Ya Susan!

I LOVE Beauty and the Beast! Was it the movie or a play? I have the video that we bought years ago and watch it every now and then, lol. They did it on ice a few years ago but I never did see it. Hope all is well with Miss Gaby and her tonsils. None of my kids had theirs taken out, me either. And you are welcome for the card. Hope you are enjoying the holiday. I'm trying to but think it will go downhill when Josh leaves. We'll see...

HI KATY, JULES. MICHELLE and BEP! And SASSY & SUE!Hoping you ladies are enjoying the holiday as well.

Nothing much going on with me. Got lots of errands done this morning/afternoon. Now working on getting laundry done. Put my ticker thing back up. Come Monday morning I am starting again. I didn't actually quit or give up, rather just taking a break while Josh was home. So going to get back on track then but starting it at what WI was this past Monday instead of the 202 I started at a while back. I will get where I need to be one day...baby steps. HA! I need to step it up a little, or maybe a lot. I don't want to be this weight much longer so...

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 12-05-2006, 07:39 PM   #10  
ugggg.....

Stopping in really quick--we bought our tree tonight!! the lights are on and it looks so pretty--I am so much more in the Christmas mood this year--last year I was so depressed I didn't even get a tree.....
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:18 PM   #11  

Hi Ladies...Thank you for the congrats on my daughter getting accepted into college, and also the compliments on my picture. You're all so kind! Today my baby turned 18 so we all went with her and she got her first tattoo, and then we went out for dinner at Red Robin. On Thursday, I have an appointment with the doctor that did my hysterectomy last year. Starting at the beginning of this year, I would have pain every now and then where my right ovary is, the only thing she left in. This summer it has gotten very painful a few times, but has gone away until yesterday. I was in so much pain yesterday that a couple of times I even doubled over and just moaned. She has also ordered an ultra sound, and I'm dreading that for sure! I've been putting this off, because if I have to have my other ovary removed, I will then have to be on hormone pills, and that's something that I don't want. We shall see what shows up on the test and what she has to say, but I'm a little nervous about it. I have really put this off for awhile now, but my daughter got very upset with me yesterday, because she said what if I might have ovary cancer, or something else, and she started crying, so I immediately got on the phone for an appointment.

Last edited by Michelle; 12-05-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:20 AM   #12  
RosieKate

Michelle - I'm so glad you are getting it checked out pronto...the worrying just makes it worse. Congrats to DD on college AND turning 18! She's going to be one busy gal! What kind of tattoo did she get?

Jules - I have tree envy I can't wait to get ours...this year I am really itching to decorate.

Cristina - I should put my ticker back up ....sometimes it helps to look at it everytime - kwim? I imagine you are all decorated and having lots of snow where you are... I just want to cuddle up by a fire, with the christmas lights glowing on the tree..... frantically knitting the "secret" sweater.....that really needs to be getting done soon lol

Susan - is Gaby excited about being in the Christmas play? My kids are in ours as well. This Sunday. I guess they are ready..neither have big roles this year, so it will be "mayhem in Bethlehem". Today J sings at the mall...so I'll trot out there for that.....

Well, not up to much other than knitting away when DH isn't around - really would like to get this done so it can go under the tree. Other than that, it housecleaning and ferrying the kids around to this and that. I've been doing ok with food this week. TOM started yesterday, so I drank some wine last night....but didn't overeat along with it - yay.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #13  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

MICHELLE...so glad you are going to the doc. I tend to put things off as well sometimes. I need to find a new doc though...think that is why because she is new and not sure she knows much. She's always saying "Well, what do you want me to do? You tell me and we'll do it." Ummm, I want you to figure out what is wrong and give me something for it or fix it, duh. She's soo nice and I feel comfortable with her but she is flakey to say the least. Anyway, and yes, like Katy said...the worrying makes it worse. Yes, inquiring minds want to know...what did DD get for her first tattoo? Funny, my DD wanted one and I made her wait until she turned 18. She got a butterfly with a design on the sides that DS (Josh) drew up for her. It really is pretty, it's a purple butterfly. But I don't get the tats on the back where you can't see it. I like to see mine, lol.

JULES...yay! Glad you are getting in the Christmas spirit. I think getting a tree and decorating it is a GREAT start. and I bet it is very pretty. I love looking at the lights on them. I was looking at ours last night while I was cooking and thought how pretty it is with the white lights and all the red.

KATY...I do know what ya mean about seeing the ticker. I had taken mine off and then added it again. It does something to me when I see it all the time...I need to see it. And that's why I weigh weekly as well...to stay on top of it. Yes we are all decorated and snow? Did you say snow? I took some pictures and will add one. This is the most snow I've seen here in the almost 9 years I've been living here. The picture was early in the day when the snow first started so we got more on top of that. I'm glad it is finally melting. I love it for a day or two but then I have to get out in it and it is just messy, ick.

HI ya SUSAN! Hope you're having a good day, you and Miss Gaby.

Nothing much going on with me today. Josh and I are headed to the base in a little while to talk about getting power of attorney for him and his bonus that he never got. Then later on a trip with V to the foot doctor. But it is going to be a BEAUTIFUL day for sure!

Take care ladies and I will chat with ya soon.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-13-2006 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #14  

Hi Ladies...I have to leave here in about an hour to go get the dreadful ultrasound. I know I need to get this done and find out what's been giving me so much pain for awhile now. Then I go tomorrow for my appointment with my doctor and I'm hoping she'll have the ultrasound results by then. My DD got her tattoo on the top, a little to the side, of her left foot. She got a black swirly heart and on one of the hoops of the heart, there is three little hot pink flowers handing on it. It looks so cute on her, but still very sore today. I have four myself and thinking of getting another one whenever I finally lose all of my weight!

KATY...You sound like you're doing great on your plan. Thank you for your kind words.

CRISTINA...Your DD's tattoo sounds really pretty. I also have a butterfly with many pretty colors in it. I love your home, it's so cute! I think the snow is so beautiful! Thank you also for your kind words.

HELLO to SUSAN, SUE, SASSY, JULES and anyone else I may have missed! Have a great day!!!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:48 AM   #15  
One day at a time

Hiya Michelle!

Ah, thank you. I like my cozy little home. The snow is pretty but it's almost all gone now. There's just a few spots here and there left.

DD's tattoo sounds nice. I bet that is a sensitive area to get one. So...what are your tattoos of? I have one on my ankle...it's a heart with a rose in memory of our baby Nathan. Also have his name under it. DH did a lily that said In Memory Of Nathan...it's really pretty but it was white and has already faded.

Hope the ultrasound went well today, rather yesterday. It's early morning and I'm not sure why I am up. Hope the doctors visit goes well today also and that she has the results of the US.

Don't have much planned for today. Doing the Wally World thing, early hopefully. I'm getting to where I don't want to get up early again...9 is early for me lately. Actually, I've been getting up around 8:30'ish and getting started with my day around 9'ish. Not a lot going on so...Monday I am headed back to It Figures. Haven't been there since Josh came home. Just don't want to miss a minute with him while he is here. He's probably sick of me but I know he will miss us when he leaves. Anyway...

Hope you have a good day today and the same to everyone else. Hope all is well with you and yours in your corner of the world.